“Wonderful Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Carle Place
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I wasn't expecting anything more than a hotel room when I entered my room at the Homestead Suites, but what an awesome surprise. A full kitchen, a small kitchen table, sofa (which I think was a sofa bed), a desk, large flat screen tv and WOW! a Blu-Ray Player. Not seen that in a hotel room before! Bed was comfortable, despite my bad back. Nice size bathroom with a walk in shower. LOVED LOVED that shower.

Hotel staff were nice, and guests are required to sign a silence agreement so that residents don't have wild parties. I came to this hotel for a book conference, and I've decided that my next trip to NYC I'll be staying at this hotel and just take the train into the city so I don't have to worry about parking a car or driving in the brutal traffic.

Only CONS were the lack of handicapped parking on the right side of the hotel at the side door. I have a bad back so when I returned late Sat evening, I had to park all the way at the back of the parking lot. Not fun.

Room Tip: There is only one ice machine on the floor and it's not centrally located, so if you like a lot...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MonicaBurnsAuthor

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The suites are large , with two big TVs that get hundreds of channels.. The pool is excellent.- indoor but comfortably cool temperature Ceiling fans in rooms. Good showerhead massage. Breakfast great and changes daily. Evening meal and beer/wine ends at 7PM Very quiet , relaxing, with full amenities for business travel. Close to interstate but not too close to hear the traffic

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our family stayed here for a week long stay. It was a great experience. Upon check in, each child was given a goodie bag with a drink and cookies. They had a store that sold everything from drinks to frozen meals. We were happily surprised to find out that they served dinner with beer and wine on week nights. Breakfast varied each day, with plenty of fresh fruit options, cereals, and several hot meal choices. The staff was very helpful with everything from getting us extra blankets to finding the kids hot chocolate late at night. The facilities were very clean. The kids loved swimming in the indoor pool. Our room had a separate bedroom, living room and kitchen, so we had plenty of space. We were on the second floor, which had additional restrooms in the hallways, which made it very convenient for us, since we were traveling with a family of 6.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a relatively new property. It is well maintained and well staffed.
The breakfast buffet is excellent. The rooms are well appointed and very clean.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I do a lot of weekend traveling and it is important to me find a hotel that meets all my expectations.I found the staff to be helpful and friendly.This hotel was clean and the suites are equipped with everything you would need.I also loved the complementary breakfast with a large assortment. I was also impressed that the the general manager was at the breakfast area to make sure that everything was being taken care of .The location of this hotel is in a good area , you can go shopping at the mall across the street or go to the ocean close by and also lots of good restaurants in the area.I am planning on using this hotel next time I'm in Long Island.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at the Homewood for my first visit to LI, Jones beach etc..Outstanding Hotel, Very new facilities, clean, great front desk employees and housekeeping services. The free breakfast was tasty! The general area had a wide variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel and staff were premium. The food in the morning and evening were more than I expected. The hotel rooms, hallways, facilities were always clean. I enjoyed this hotel and it was so close to restaurants, mall, movie theater and public transportation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City? Share your experiences!