This was a 2-night stay in February 2012 which was mixed, some good and some bad.
The renovation was still going on while I was there, but I didn't notice it very much as I had a 1st floor room down the main hall from the lobby. The manager who checked me in (cannot recall his name unfortunately) was very nice and professional and offered to buy me a drink in the hotel bar to make up for the renovations going on. I checked in with the "old" lobby decor and checked out with the "new" modern decor - quite a contrast and it looked good.
The building is an old one and you can see it both on the outside and in the corridors, and even the room doors look very old. But the rooms have been mostly upgraded and renovated - quite a contrast from what you see driving up to the property and walking the halls to your room.
One thing that struck me was the room I was in (standard 1BR King) was very "white" - both in the walls and with very bright lighting, so I suppose it was a good thing considering it was dark and cold outside. Comfortable king bed, sitting chair, work desk with ergonomic chair - no complaints. I slept good both nights.
I usually am a top-floor guy but there was no noise or feet from rooms above.
Traffic is very busy and constant on the street outside but I did not notice it inside the hotel as it sits perpendicular to the road. Just be aware it'll be hard to make a left turn out of the hotel parking lot if you are going that way, at any time of the day or night.
Plenty of shopping and dining nearby. There's a brand new shopping center being built across the street that will have a Trader Joes among other stores when it's done in another year or two. You are very close drive to other major shopping malls. PF Changs is close by for a yummy dinner and a Panera too.
A few things that weren't up to par:
- The wireless internet was spotty - at times it worked great and at times it faded out and had to repair the connection to get it going again. I don't know if that is renovation related or not. (Free business center in basement was very good)
- The bathroom is a mixed bag. The vanity space is VERY small - if you have a lot of toiletries you will be hard-pressed to find space for them. The marble floor is nice. The shower head was not sealed to the wall so it banged whenever moved. Looks like they didn't replace the shower or tile as it was old with noticeable dirt in the grout.
-The parking could use some improvement. There is plenty of it and free. There is a lot on the side of the hotel - but not side entrance so if you are in the middle you'll walk a bit. There is a huge lot it the back, but the lighting was only partially on when I was there. This made the lot very, very dark and the hotel adjoins a neighborhood and some other businesses with open access to the parking lots - I saw some people who were very obviously not hotel guests loitering around the in the back parking lot and on bikes. If you are single/solo traveler be aware of this if coming in after dark. I hope they have fixed the lighting because honestly it's a bit unnerving if you are alone and fumbling to get your room key out to get in the back entrance.
Would I come back here? Maybe, maybe not. It served it's purpose but was not outstanding in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Westbury is an independently owned and operated full service IHG Hotel. It provides guests with 152 rooms and suites as well as banquet and catering space that may accommodate up to 120 guests. The Hotel offers its accommodations, amenities and services to the corporate, leisure and social traveler from all of the world. It's centralized location within Nassau County, Long Island, NY makes it an ideal and convenient host to many. For those visiting the towns of Westbury, Garden City, Mineola, Uniondale, Carle Place, Roslyn and the surrounding area, the Holiday Inn Westbury is the ideal Hotel to consider being your host. Local attractions to the Hotel include Eisenhower Park, Nassau Coliseum, The Space at Westbury, Westbury Music Fair, Roosevelt Field, Museum Row, Old Westbury Gardens, Bethpage State Park, Jones Beach and much more. The Hotel is also in close proximity to New York's JFK, LaGuardia and Islip Airports. The Hotel is also located within walking distance to the Long Island Rail Road (Carle Place Train Station). Other nearby interests include Hostra University, Adelphi University, LIU Post, Nassau Community College, Winthrop Hospital and North Shore LIJ Hospitals and affiliates. The Hotel's amenities include but are not limited to the following: Outdoor garden courtyard and pool (seasonal), 24 hour business center, 24 fitness center, 24 hour guest laundry room, complimentary WiFi, ice machines, drink and snack vending machines, etc. Guests of the Hotel may enjoy the Hotel's onsite Restaurant, which is LiLLies Restaurant and Bar. LiLLies serves breakfast, lunch and dinner Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and breakfast and dinner Mondays - Thursdays, as well as room service to in-house guests. It offers guests a delicious eclectic mix of Italian/American fare with something for everyone to enjoy. It has a full bar that offers guests a delightful selection of fine wines and spirits, as well as a variety of select beers on tap and in bottles. Restaurant Hours: Breakfast Daily: 6:30 am - 11:00 am Dinner Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Bar 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm Sunday - Thursday & to Midnight on Friday & Saturday In-House Guest Room Service: Same times as Restaurant/Dining is available. Lunch (seasonal): Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm (Mother's Day Weekend - Labor Day Weekend) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Westbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Westbury Hotel Carle Place
- Holiday Inn Carle Place
- Carle Place Holiday Inn