“RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE”

Holiday Inn Westbury
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carle Place
Louisville, Kentucky
“RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Cynthia, front desk, lied about what the restaurant closed downstairs. Then she refused to give me a number to a place that delivers and was rude about it. She said she would call me back and she never did. They were working on construction in the room right above mine during my stay. I called downstairs to ask how much longer and they continued to tell me they would find out and let me know and they never did. The people that work there are just plain rude. Especially General manager Ronald Britt. I expressed my complaint to the holiday inn website who forwarded it to him. He did not response until the third time I made in attempt. He said " I am sorry we could not provide the service you expected." That's it. I expected to stay at a nice hotel with polite customer service representatives. Is that so much to ask for? Not at all. They should look at investing in some etiquette classes.

The only reason I gave 2 stars was because the hotel was clean.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank John D
Ronald B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
John D, thank you for your feedback. As you know, I am aware of your comments and have addressed them directly with you. Please call me directly if you would like to discuss further.
-Ronald Britt, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Older Holiday Inn with recently renovated rooms. Free breakfast (unusual for a regular Holiday Inn). Very friendly and generous staff. Not far from Manhattan. The food at the restaurant is so-so; not bad for one night, but not sustaining for several. 7/10

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Ronald B, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
bensagle, Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, and as an experienced traveler, I appreciate your feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you felt our service team was very friendly and generous... truly appreciated! Also, I invite you back to our newly opened Sporting News Grill sports bar restaurant for a full dinner on me.

Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel to make your next reservation.

-Ron Britt, General Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel was a great place to stay for my family. The entire staff is very friendly, and the housekeeping staff is quick, but very efficient! Everything was very clean and fresh looking. The pool was a huge plus, it looked lke a little mini paradise with such nice landscaping and the peach tree was cool! We were there for 3 nights with 3 children, and the proximity to restaurants and shopping are VERY convenient. If I need to travel to New York again, I will definitely stay at this property!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Ronald B, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
NasaFamily82265, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us and future guests... I truly appreciate your feedback!
I am glad to hear that you had a exllenct stay and received great service.
Please let me know when you are returning and I will be more than happy to personally welcome you back.
Rochester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Setting is not the best, unless you want to be within walking distance of one of the largest shopping malls in the world. We were staying for five nights whilst in NY for a wedding (at the far more celubrious and expensive Fox Hollow. The room was OK as one might expect, and the staff were helpful and pleasant, but the hotel had such a tired feel. This was not helped by the fact that the restaurant was out of use. There was a complementary continental breakfast to compensate. And the bar was a few bottles on a table! Hopefully some improvements to follow. However, I think the disruption could have been planned better.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ronald B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Our restaurant is now open... I invite you back to dine with us at our new Sporting News Grill restaurant.

Please feel free to contact me directly. As always, thank you for your feedback... greatly appreciated.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Hotel itself was ok. The restaurant/bar area was still being remodeled, but we were told it was supposed to be open. The continental breakfast was good for a quick morning snack. Coffee was very good. The room itself was nice. Pillows were way too hard. Even the ones labeled as "soft" really weren't. Bathroom space was non existent. No room for any toiletries. Location was very close to parkways....which was a good thing. On weekends, Old Country Road gets jammed due to Roosevelt Field mall traffic. All in all was a nice stay. Pool area looked pretty, but didn't get a chance to use it.

• Stayed July 2012
Ronald B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
diggy29, I invite you and your family to come back and enjoy our pool and meal in our new Sporting News Grill restaurant (when it opens... waiting for final permits from the town).

I would love the opportunity to personally pay for your stay and your dinner with us and ensure you that your stay will be excellent!

Trip Advisor does not give out any information on its reviewers, so please contact me personally to discuss.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future guests.

Ajman, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

we visited the hotel on MARCH for a Business trip and we had to change the room for 3 times because of the smoking smell. there is no restaurant as they were doing some maintenance. but the location is nice for the long island as it is close to the shopping area and mall. and this is the second time in NYC hotels they charge the Credit card 3 times !!!! and every time they said it is an system error!!! The staff were friendly, but the hotel is really very old and small.

Room Tip: never go for smoking room and chose the higher floor the pool view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Guestbdor, I hope that the service you received from our team was excellent.

In regards to your room moving, please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss... I would like to find out more info.

Sincere thanks for the feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Newton, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed this past weekend for a track meet in Uniondale (5 min, away). The location is extremely convenient, near every shop and restaurant imaginable. Not exactly a 'charming' scenic location, but for this trip, we were looking for convenience, which we certainly got.
The pool was BEAUTIFUL. The photos don't do it justice. The landscaping around it is quite lovely, lots of chairs, tables, plants, lounge area, etc. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast included muffins, danish, bagels (toaster), instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, granola/cereal bars, juices, coffee, tea. It was perfect for us and saved us a trip to a restaurant. Our room was very nice, newly renovated, very clean and fresh. Bedding was quite comfortable. On a future visit I would request an upper floor with a pool view. Plenty of free parking. Fitness room was adequate for my needs. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, pool view will get you a view much better than the parking lot and less noise from busy s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SavvyTraveler66
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
SavvyTraveler66 Thank you for those wonderful comments, and we are truly happy to hear that you had an excellent stay!

Please do not hesitate to contact me for future reservations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carle Place
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Holiday Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!