“Not bad for short business trips to this area of Long Island”

Holiday Inn Westbury
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carle Place
New York City, New York
“Not bad for short business trips to this area of Long Island”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here for one night this week. It's a typical Holiday Inn: tidy, logically laid out, and featuring the usual in-room amenities. There's a full service restaurant attached, which I did not try. Breakfast is not free: it's 10% off at the restaurant. This hotel is across the street from the Westbury Mall, Wal-Mart, and Costco, and there's a new Shake Shack (renowned NYC hamburger mini-chain) a short walk away.

The bed was comfortable, and they have pillows labeled soft/firm. Sizable HDTV with a million channels, but for some reason, all the channels that you DON'T get are still programmed into the cable box, so when you're channel-surfing, you occasionally have to flip through a dozen or so blank channels to find a random one that they do get. Not sure I've experienced in a hotel before, but I recognize there are worse things in life. Shower has great water pressure, temperature. An iron and wood hangers that you can take all the way off the rod. Some noise can leak in from other rooms/the hall.

My room was very clean but not spotless -- I found someone's long hair on the towel rack. Other than that, pretty good. I travel for business about 10 times a year, so minor mishaps like that are not something that bother me much.

The front desk got me checked in efficiently. Two young men were working the desk: one was on point, focused, and professional. Then the other came in, interrupted my check-in process and started talking to his colleague about how he just applied for a Holiday Inn credit card and was instantly awarded Platinum status. Good for you! Can I have my room key now? Later, he burped. At least he said excuse me! Ah well, Holiday Inn in Long Island. You can't have it all.

If I need to stay out there again, I might go back there, or maybe check out the Hampton Inn, which was booked up when I called.

PS. The local taxi service left me in the lurch and I nearly missed the start of my meeting -- the whole point of my being out there. Call the taxi WELL in advance of the desired time, or maybe arrange it the night before for a pre-schedule time (but that might be risky too).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan M
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to write a detailed review. I am happy to hear that you were conveniently located near shops and restaurants to your liking. I’m also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and would like further to discuss with you some things you have mentioned. Again I thank you for your review and look forward to hearing from you soon.

khorak@hiwestbury.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Front desk was very busy at check in as we were all there for a nearby large family wedding. Michael M. checked us in easily and was very courteous and helpful. He made us feel welcome. The rooms were very clean and the cleaning staff were very polite as well. We gathered at the bar in the lobby restaurant after the wedding and had a great time. The next day we all had a delicious breakfast in the downstairs room. All of the food was hot and delicious, whcih isn't always easy during a two hour buffet style breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor tend to be a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Debbie O,

Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased to hear that Michael was a great help and an asset to your stay. I have passed on your kind words to Mike as well as Management. I am also glad to hear that the cleaning staff were caring and able to assist you with your needs. Thank you for taking the time to enjoy our breakfast in the morning. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night and got in late but here are my impressions. Lobby was clean and modern. Front desk staff were fast, friendly and efficient. Elevator and hallways seemed well maintained. My room was clean with a smaller t.v and a king size bed. I would say that the pillows were on the small size and the right side of the bed seemed to slope downward a bit. Room had a coffee maker that was NOT in the bathroom thank goodness. They provided two soap bars, a shampoo, conditioner and body lotion all of good quality. I would happily stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Justin V,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room as well as the front desk staff. I apologize that the pillows seemed a bit small and the bed had a slight slope to it. I have forwarded your comments to my executive housekeeper. Again thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!

absecon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This Holiday Inn property has become one of my favorite places to stay while working in Long Island. The hotel and front desk staff are extremely pleasant and willing to assist in anyway they can to make my experience there a great one. The food in the bar and morning breakfast is above average and the rooms are clean and up to date for a Holiday inn property. Wifi works well throughout the hotel and lobby, as well as Parking free onsite and easy to access. Its property is located close to shopping, restaurants and local businesses and both the Northern and Southern expressways, so its easy to get to my work wherever I am in Long Island.

Room Tip: king bed suites at this property are roomy and exceptional for the price.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
JoeFesta,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am very happy to hear that our property has become your favorite place to stay while here on Long Island and has become your home away from home. It is our staff’s priority to make sure that you are happy while at our property and we are willing to do anything to make sure you are just that. I am also very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our restaurants breakfast during your stay and that we are conveniently located to your work so that it is not a hassle for you to get to where you need to be. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The check in was great, the room was pretty good. The tub is dirty with hair&dirt in it. The taxi service was terrible, asked the front desk to call me a taxi. 10minutes later, 2 came by but neither of them was the one I called. That have nothing to do with the hotel but ppl needing cabs should know.

Called down to find out check out is at noon but housekeeping tried to come in at 11:40 while I was showering but I wasn't really bothered by it.

Overall this hotel is average-good.

The location is good. There are tons of stores around and a huge mall about 15mins walk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our location. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to making sure that you receive comfortable and clean accommodations. I apologize that the room was not to your satisfaction. We want you to know that the feedback we receive is taken very seriously, and I have taken your comments and shared them with management and the staff. I am very delighted to hear that you had an excellent check in experience and that you enjoyed our location. If you are in the area again please do not hesitate to contact me so we can show you what our hotel is truly made of.

Thank you again.

Freeport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Front desk is the first place you stop when you check in and here they make you feel welcome and ready to take care of your needs. Chris the front desk supervisor was exceptional and the rooms were very clean. Housekeepers are extremely pleasant. They had a nice business center. Customer service is truly their first priority and they are excellent at it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you Tripteacher2013 for your kind review. It is our job to make you feel as comfortable as possible while you are with us. Customer Service is our top priority here at the hotel and it brings me great pleasure to hear that the staff is providing just that. I will tell Christian about your kind words. Again thank you for your review, and please do visit us again.

(516) 997-5000 ext. 421
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I hate writing negative reviews, I honestly really do...so since I'm writing one, it's got to be bad.
My husband and I stayed there for a family reunion and a wedding we attended next door. The actual hotel accommodations were satisfying - very pretty, very clean...and actually reasonable prices! BUT! A week after we got home from our trip, we had a bitter surprise - THEY CHARGED US AGAIN FOR OUR STAY! A WEEK LATER! YES, DOUBLE CHARGE FOR THE STAY! WE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Still can't actually...and sure enough, when I called with the complaint, the manager Allan and Kelly (whoever that is) weren't around AND the receptionist didn't want to tell me right away that they weren't around and tried to handle the issue on her own...which she couldn't do and told me to leave message for Kelly and didn't even tell me who Kelly was like she didn't know herself. Needless to say, the issue is still not resolved. VERY VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED and want our money back.
(If you decide to stay at this hotel DESPITE all the negative reviews, go ahead. Just take our advice - PAY FOR YOUR VISIT WITH CASH...and don't bring your valuables along because apparently they steal at this place too...)
ENJOY.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kat J
Denise L, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Kat J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your thoughts and concerns from your stay with us in September. While we are so glad to hear that during your stay at the hotel were good, we want to apologize for any charging errors that may have occured after your stay. These matters are taken very seriously, and we would love to have the opportunity to research and take care of this for you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact the General Manager Allen Kirincic at your earliest convience wither by phone or email, (516) 997-5000 ext 411 or akirincic@hiwestbury.com.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carle Place
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Holiday Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!