Holiday Inn Westbury
US$177
US$155
Homewood
US$150
Hampton Inn Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$151
Hyatt Place Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$211
Hyatt.com
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island(Westbury)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$119
Red Roof
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$191
GardenInn.com
Priceline
  • Pool
Garden City Hotel(Garden City)
US$227
  • Pool
Long Island Marriott(Uniondale)(Great Value!)
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desklong islandcountry roadtrain stationdirector of salesshopping and restaurantsfamily eventbridal partythe entire staffnew yorkbed was comfortableroosevelt field mallwestburykarlarubyproximitylirr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We couldn't leave this place fast enough!!

This was hands down the worst place I've stayed and is in NO WAY a 3-star hotel. I'm super disappointed in Priceline for trying to lump this in with a 3-star category. I bid and got stuck with this place. The Holiday Inn policy is, "We get it right, or you don't pay." Be forewarned, that does NOT apply to Priceline customers.

We were there for eight LONG nights and on the fourth night, a stranger came walking into our room unlocking our door with their own key because our room had been reassigned. Not only was the security of our belongings at stake, my wife and kids' safety was put in horrible jeopardy and then of course, my key card no longer worked when I got back to the motel.

Their response to putting my family and belongs in peril was, "Well because you used Priceline, there's nothing we can do about refunding you anything, but we can offer you a free breakfast." I told them I didn't want breakfast and the next offer was a free night to come back. I respectfully declined as I would NEVER go back and they said they'd add 5,000 "rewards points". Which just to put in perspective is 1/4 of a free night's stay. Seriously?

Soap was only left every other night at best. We had to constantly call for towels and other items and when they'd bring them, they'd usually only bring 3 out of the 4 things we'd have to call about.

They never vacuumed the entire time we were there. I brought this to their attention and they sent someone with a vacuum at 10pm when the kids were asleep.

The noise level was terrible until 2am. It felt more like a college dorm than a hotel.

The first night the internet was not working. To their credit, after bugging them four or five times, they finally put me in touch with their IT guy at 2 am who was able to get things back up and running. It was nice to have such great support so late, but annoying that I had to spend so much time on the phone to get internet back in our room.

The staff was very nice, it is close to everything which was a good thing and upon check out I noticed a lot of maintenance going on--painting, cutting new doors, etc. So they try, but just miss the mark. By a lot.

IHG should be ashamed.

Room Tip: First floor was very convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Alex M
Franklin M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize that we did not meet your expextations. We will certainly share your feedback with our team to ensure other guests do not have a similar experience and inconveniences. It is always our goal to provide clean, comfortable, friendly and secure accommodations.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We came up for a concert at Jones Beach. We needed a place to hang out and sleep. It was clean, very friendly and help employees. The location is perfect too! We went Thomas Diner that is about two blocks from hotel. The food is great anytime of the day. This is the hotel to stay at in this area, if you are just looking for a nice place, clean, friendly people, and well priced!

Stayed: August 2014
Franklin M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for your time and consideration in writing a review on TripAdvisor. We're pleased you found the hotel to be just what you needed during your visit to Long Island. We're glad you found our team to be friendly and accommodating and the hotel to be clean and comfortable. That is all very important to us. We are also pleased you found the hotel to be conveniently located to the Jones Beach Theater and other points of interests, including the beloved Thomas' Diner. We hope you will come back and vist us again soon.

All the best!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed from 2-3 July with my wife and daughter. The hotel was nice and the staff were all friendly and helpful special mention to Stephen. The hotel is in perfect location to everything we needed. Dennys, outlet stores, sports bar and train to Penn. Definitely coming back here on our next visit to New York.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Bryan:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with us. We are pleased to read that you found the hotel to be conveniently located, and our staff to be friendly and accommodating to you and your family. We're also very pleased to read that you will be considering staying with us
again upon your next visit to Long Island.

All the best to you and yours!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

First impressions are everything right??? Well if that is true then maybe we shouldn't have stayed... The hotel is clean and the people at the desk were nice but upon arrival a disgruntled hotel guest pushed his way past me yelling and screaming! He was very upset about something and he was making it known! The police had to be called to calm the situation. The staff handled themselves well but it was still unsettling. We then proceeded into the elevator where one of the arm rails fell off and hit a lady in her foot. We hadn't even gotten to the room yet. Finally we are in our room. The room was clean but smelled a bit like cigarette smoke (the hotel is completely non smoking). Also there were four of us but only 2 towels were put in the room. I asked for more twice. They were finally brought up to us at 10pm (we checked in at three). The pool and landscaping outside were very nice. The pool attendant was friendly and very helpful. Like I said the staff is very friendly. The hotel is near everything, lots of restaurants and things to do! Overall it wasn't terrible it was just OK!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up, not near the elevator , looking over the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine L
Franklin M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Christine L:

Thank you for your feedback and input. It is very important to the team and I, as we review all valuable feedback and use it to make various improvements, which is always our goal.

I do apologize that your first impression was one where you experienced an unruly guest. It is not often that we are in a position where the police have to be called; however, we will when the best interest's of the Hotel, its guests and its employees are at stake. It is always a last resort measure and never one we like to make. Nobody was in any harm's way, it was just an incident that required additional intervention and support.

I am delighted to read that the staff was friendly, you found our rooms to be clean, and that you enjoyed our outdoor courtyard and pool area. It's great that you enjoyed the general area as well.

I do apologize that your room smelled of smoke. We do charge guests a $250.00 environmental clean fee for smoking in a guest room, as we are a non-smoking property. I will in fact make sure your room was deep cleaned.

If you should decide to return, which we hope you do, please feel free to contact me direct so that I may personally ensure an extraordinary visit. It's my goal to provide you with a positive last ,and lasting impression of the Hotel.

All the best!

Franklin, GM

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a lengthy stay; of course, as expected, the rooms and hotel were quite clean and
comfortable; the best however, was the staff that went out of its way at every turn to help
us in a special unusual family situation, which is rare indeed. the staff turned what could have been a depressing stay into as cheerful one as possible. also, the hotel is so close to so
many major shopping stores all along Old Country Road and so close to Roosevelt Field
Shopping Center - a huge place with every type of store and restaurants you could imagine.

we recommend this facility to anyone needing hospitality service in the area.

Room Tip: we were in 1st floor back area, nearer to rear parking lot exit; very convenient
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Franklin M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear brian F:

Thank you for providing us with the feedback from you and your family. We certainly appreciate it. We thank you for your tremendous and inspiring review.

We are all very pleased to read that we provided all of you with the comfort and care you needed during a difficult time period.

We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the Hotel and the surrounding area. Please know that you may call upon us again if you should need assistance.

All the best to you and yours. Be well!

~Franklin, GM