We tend to have had good experiences at Comfort Inns, so we've stayed at quite a few of them. I would have to say that of them all, this one is the most appealing.
Several reviewers have mentioned the beauty of the lobby, with its huge windows, staircase and decorations, and of the breakfast area, which overlooks the lobby. I'd definitely agree with their compliments.
We arrived at the hotel to find that we had been unexpectedly upgraded from the regular jacuzzi suite we had booked to the Martin Van Buren (Presidential) Suite. So anything I say about this suite would probably not be typical of the normal suites people would be inclined to choose, which I don't doubt are very nice. The Van Buren suite has a spacious sitting room, a full kitchen, a very large jacuzzi, three televisions, two bathrooms, and two closets (one a walk-in) among other amenities. It's probably twice the size of the normal suites, and is actually set up so that two couples could share it and each couple would have their privacy as well as their own bed, TV, and bathroom. Needless to say, my wife and I were quite comfortable there.
All the staff we had contact with were quite friendly, from the housekeepers to the front desk clerk. We had no problems with the cleanliness of the room or the rest of the hotel.
The breakfast area was spacious, comfortable and well-run. The meal offerings included three types of eggs, breakfast meats, yogurt and the usual bagels, toast and waffles etc. The spread was at least as good as any other I've experienced which was included in the price of the room. The breakfast room was never crowded, and I noticed that they included several two-person tables, so that couples such as ourselves were not obliged to take up a four-person table, as is the case at many hotels.
The pool, business center (which we made frequent use of to look up and print out directions to the various attractions we would be visiting) and exercise room were all more than adequate.
We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A rich, traditional decor in shown throughout the grand two story lobby, airy breakfast mezzanine and elegant ballroom space, to set this hotel apart. Award winning hospitality service. Free WiFi and Free Breakfast for all guests. Daily shuttles to area restaurants. Located just east of Albany, New York's Capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush Hotel Castleton On Hudson
- Comfort Inn East Greenbush
- East Greenbush Comfort Inn