“Quality has gone down hill-Apparently Managers Don't Care”

Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Have stayed here before and was very happy. Not so this time. Had to move twice due to sub par rooms (one smelled terrible, next one full of ants). Also overall condition of property was much less clean than in past. I.E. bottle cap sat in hall for two days, beer cans strewn about pool area from night before until noon the next day. Asked for a call from manager and received no response. Called and left messages for manager and assistant manager TWELVE times with no response. Did reach assistant manager twice by phone but he always promised to call me back and never did. Finally called Choice Hotels customer service line and they gave me a refund.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush

Reviewed 13 March 2014

When reviewing a property it’s important to offer a sincere and honest review. You can’t just dwell on one item that may or may not happen to another guest.

I’m on the road quite a bit. Traveling is getting tougher. Getting a good night sleep and a hot shower is important. Equally important is cleanliness. With the Comfort Inn you will get that and a whole lot more.

Pulling into the parking area there was an abundance of spaces that wrapped around the building. Lighting was good. There is a gas station and Duncan Donuts out front. (New York must have the record for the most number of Duncan Donut joints in the world).

After a long day traveling Chris at the Front Desk welcomed me to the Inn with a big smile. She quickly handled my check in, something that is important to me. I don’t like signing more forms than I did when I purchased my last home. It should be noted this is a “pet free” and “smoking free” hotel. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Within minutes I was walking down to my room. The lobby was stunning and something you would expect to find at the best of hotels. The fire was roaring and the place was spotless.

The room was no different. Nice contemporary furnishings and king size bed with a variety of pillows made it clear I was in for a good night sleep. There was a desk and chair for those of you who may need to do a little work. The free internet was easy to connect to and I was able to stay connected with no problems. The bathroom was spacious with good lighting.

And that was only the beginning to what was truly beautiful stay. Ice Machines and vending machines were available on every floor. An indoor pool was conveniently located on the first floor. A small work out center with an array of equipment was located off the pool area. And then there was the breakfast. Make no mistake, you’ll be talking about the breakfast for a long time. Beautifully decorated donuts, muffins, bagels, (are you getting hungry?), an assortment of cereal with regular and 2% milk, two kinds of fresh hot waffles, eggs, sausage and much more. This is a first class breakfast. It’s exactly what you would expect from a property that doesn't skimp on anything.

On the morning I was checking out I had walked down the hallway and around the corner. A Housekeeper stopped what she was doing and asked me how I was? She wished me a good day. It was simply the cherry on top of the cake.

Room Tip: Two conveniently located elevators move guests up and down this three story property. If someone in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IslandWayne
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel, it far exceeds the standards of most Choice Hotels. Cleanliness is top notch, staff is great although some front desk agents are freindlier than others. Pool is so clean ,nice hot tub. Lobby is beautiful and always decorated for whatever upcoming holiday is around the corner. I was upgraded to a king suite. Nice touch. Standard choice breakfast but the use real bowls, flatware and plates - makes it so much more enjoyable , also nicer selection of pastry.
Did have a little difficulty controling the heat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently stayed here while in the area for a wedding. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful when we asked for recommendations on where to eat lunch. For the most part our room was clean and the bed was comfortable, however there were certain items that were not well kept. The shower curtain liner was very dirty and stained, different pieces of furniture were slightly damaged, and there were some holes in the room darkening curtains. Overall though, I would recommend staying at this hotel if you needed an accommodation in the area for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was superb! Clean, friendly and convenient! I would absolutely stay here again. We were upgraded to a suite and the entire room was spotless. Everything was just great about this hotel including the friendly front desk attendees.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were very happy with our stay at this beautiful hotel. The staff were very friendly, It has a gorgeous reservation/sitting area with fireplace, lots of windows and comfortable furniture. There is also another area with a TV and computer to use, which was also very enjoyable to sit in. We had the heated pool and hot tub all to ourselves and it was relaxing to float around and listen to the nice music they had playing in the pool area. The breakfast was one of the best we have had and it was well stocked and refilled. If you left hungry, then it was your own fault. There was something for everyone! We will definitely return here again!

Room Tip: Beautiful Hotel! Close to Albany!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We tend to have had good experiences at Comfort Inns, so we've stayed at quite a few of them. I would have to say that of them all, this one is the most appealing.
Several reviewers have mentioned the beauty of the lobby, with its huge windows, staircase and decorations, and of the breakfast area, which overlooks the lobby. I'd definitely agree with their compliments.
We arrived at the hotel to find that we had been unexpectedly upgraded from the regular jacuzzi suite we had booked to the Martin Van Buren (Presidential) Suite. So anything I say about this suite would probably not be typical of the normal suites people would be inclined to choose, which I don't doubt are very nice. The Van Buren suite has a spacious sitting room, a full kitchen, a very large jacuzzi, three televisions, two bathrooms, and two closets (one a walk-in) among other amenities. It's probably twice the size of the normal suites, and is actually set up so that two couples could share it and each couple would have their privacy as well as their own bed, TV, and bathroom. Needless to say, my wife and I were quite comfortable there.
All the staff we had contact with were quite friendly, from the housekeepers to the front desk clerk. We had no problems with the cleanliness of the room or the rest of the hotel.
The breakfast area was spacious, comfortable and well-run. The meal offerings included three types of eggs, breakfast meats, yogurt and the usual bagels, toast and waffles etc. The spread was at least as good as any other I've experienced which was included in the price of the room. The breakfast room was never crowded, and I noticed that they included several two-person tables, so that couples such as ourselves were not obliged to take up a four-person table, as is the case at many hotels.
The pool, business center (which we made frequent use of to look up and print out directions to the various attractions we would be visiting) and exercise room were all more than adequate.
We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Book the Martin Van Buren Suite if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton On Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush? Share your experiences!