Pollace's Family Vacation Resort
  • Free Internet
The Barlow(Hudson)
Red Ranch Motel(Catskill)
  • Pool
All reviewssocial directorpaddle boatsmini golfshuffle boardgreat for kidscharlieactivitiesreunionganginterestsuncleblessingshuffleboardrepairny
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Our first trip to Pollaces and it seemed that we already knew the friendly staff from long time ago! It is a wonderful place to share with your family. My kids were in love with the place. The meals and the service were excellent. @ pollaces you feel at home. These are unforgettable moments. We really enjoyed the daily entertainments and my kids made friends right away. We are planning to go next year.
Thanks Charlie, Richard and staff for your hospitality!!!
Mella family from Ozone Park, NY

2  Thank akandra
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I cannot believe after reading reviews about Pollacee's that people actually wrote malicious comments about their stay. I always count down the days until the day is here when we leave for Pollacee's. Once we arrive we receive the most sincere warmth and hospitality from the entire staff. I have such a fabulous time when I am there. They have so much going on for the kids as well as the adults! As far as the food goes, it has that homeade quality that we always look forward to & is so delicous! There are seconds or thirds available if you so desire, and they never run out of anything! The only negative comment about going to Pollacee's is when we have to leave-we cried all the way home. I have booked my rooms for next year and I counting down the days again!

2  Thank Melsner
Reviewed 29 July 2011

First of all I would like to say to all of the people that didn't like the stay don't reallly know what a resort feels like.
NOW......
It's been my 9th year coming up to Pollaces and I have never had a problem with the service,cleaning staff,waitresses/waiters,and the social director.
When I walk into the main building it smells and feels like home.

For the past 9 years, the social director named Richie has inspired me to be like him which is the social director. Richie would always make us laugh, he would tell great ghost stories making him feel like the actual actor in the story. The minute that we told Richie something broke, he would get on to the case and fix it. WHEN I LEFT POLLACES THIS YEAR, I WAS THINKING OF GETTING A JOB NEXT YEAR BY HELPING RICH NEXT YEAR SO I COULD BECOME THE ASST. SOCIAL DIRECTOR WITH HIM.

In conclusion these people Richie, Charlie, Annette, Fran, Francine, and Theresa and the rest of the crew members should be awarded with medals!!! Also this place is great for the kids that the adults and the kids wouldn't want to go home and they would want to stay!!! Finally this place is my #1 vacation spot!!! :) :D

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was our 9th year at Pollaces. It is by far the most hospitable place you could go to. Charlie, Frances, Francine, Annette, Theresa and all of the staff bend over backwards trying to accommodate your every whim. My Grandaughter is a very fussy eater and they catered to her every whim. My 15 year old Son hates to leave and gets teary eyed all the way home at the end of our vacation. I have made lots of friends that I keep in touch with over the years. There is plenty to do and the food is second to none. Portions are huge! And if you want seconds or even thirds they will give it to you. (No 5 star joint will do that without charging you extra!). As far as some of the comments on here about the TV's - I don't go on vacation to stay in my room! The sheets are clean and the beds are fine. I'm already counting the days till we come back in 2012.

Room Tip: The Brick Poolside rooms are nice and big.
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Hey Pollaces is a great family vaca spot i have been going for 5 years and iam 15. I have . My fam loves going to with the great selection of food! fun games and a great time. EVERYONE is welcome with open arms and if you have little kids this is the place to be with kid friendly games such as rockwall pony rides arts and crafts bingo [ you win money . who dsnt want to play? ] plus an ARCADE!!! for teens theres paddle boats . vollyball coart, baseball coart, trolly rides that you can go with your fam/friends/or alone to a great candy shop and my friends who are guys there love going because they have plastic play guns and they play with each other all night shooting rubber bullets at each other. OHHH i almost forgot theres make your own ICE CREAM NIGHT YUMMY!!!!!!!! AND MAKE YOUR OWN soda! for teens kids and everyone there! yes i have been reading the comments about the rooms and yes it is a little run down but paaaaa leasssseeeee get PASSED THT ! FACT!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR STAY! THERE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE THERE!!!!!! they have a great out door pool , a pond tht you can go on paddle boats and go fishing! great food they have A HUGE TV IN THE LOBBY! kids sometimes watch tv there while the grown ups listen to music in the dance hall.they have a beautiful garden with koi fish ion it next to it there is a cookie / coffeee house to have .there is some days you can paint ceramics and jewlary making! sometimes for the teen girls they bring all high end pocket books and jewlary! and outside there is a mining golf and a playground with a bocci ball lanes you can play on anytime !!! MAKE POLLACES YOUR NEXT VACTION SPOT!!!!!!!

Room Tip: they are a little run down but they help you if say you need an extra bed they give you a cot . and they clean it everyday
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family