“Pollace's over Disney” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Catskill
Staten Island, New York
“Pollace's over Disney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

About 8 months ago, my daughters dance school had announced that they were going to Walt Disney World to dance in one of their parades. All the girls were excited about it, except my daughter. The trip coincided with our annual Fourth of July trip to Pollace's. My daughter said flat out that she would rather go to Pollace's

This is a fantastic resort where you can go and just relax. Friends often ask me what do you there, and my response is usually absolutely nothing. They have several activities offered daily, but you can just sit by the pool and hot tub all day if you want. There are lots of kids around and my kids are usually off with them doing their own thing. The resort is big enough to give them freedom, but small enough that I know where they are.

One of the things that makes Pollace's so special is the hospitality of Charlie and his family. When we first started looking for a family resort 3 years ago, I remember calling Pollace's sometime in April when the resort was still closed. I left a message and a little while later, Charlie called me back. Unable to answer my phone, he left a message for me telling me to give him a call at home or on his cellphone, and he gave me his home number. That really impressed me.

Upon arrival our first-time, Charlie met us at the front desk and since it was right before lunch, he took our lunch and dinner orders. My wife, who is a vegetarian, inquired about meat in the lasagna for dinner. He said there is meat in his lasagna, but he would make her a plain cheese one. Its this kind of personalization and guest service that makes Pollace's an awesome place to go.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Anthony A

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I go to Pollaces every year for a week in the summer. We just got back from Labor Day there, and it was FABULOUS!!! Plenty of food, a barbeque by the pool on Saturday, great entertainment. The best is their "New Year's Eve" party on Sunday night. The magician/comedian who entertained had us laughing until we cried, and then the countdown to midnight, complete with hats and noisemakers! Then a HUGE buffet! Nachos, wings, mac and cheese, homemade pizza, you name it. So much value for the price!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan112761
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was our 2nd time vacationing at Pollace's. We arrived on Aug 19 thru Aug 24 and again we were greeted with a warm welcome. We arrived during lunch time & Charlie immediately took us in for lunch before checking in. Great staff treating everyone like family. Food absolutely delicious, My daughter made nice friends & my son enjoyed himself with all the activities Richard provided, Not Luxury but an amazing place to stay. Rooms were comfortable. Had a great time. Thank you to the Pollace family & staff for making our stay wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Magalis M
yonkers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

i took my family to pollaces for the first time from aug 4th through aug 9th .we were greeted by a warm welcome. we met
alot of very nice couples and family's . my kids met alot of new friends .almost non stop activities for the kids .the staff was amazing!!! anything you want'ed they got for you .
the food was non stop and delicous!!! from eggs to a fabulous prime rib dinner .
from ice cream to fresh cannoli's even expresso.the rooms were fine nothing special.
the pool was good for the kids starting at 2 feet to 8 feet .overall a really great place to go ,
i will sure to go back and see charlie and the staff the next time around .

Room Tip: rooms on the side of the pool are just perfect .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank john l
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Not luxury but amazing. The staff were welcoming and i felt like family the second i got there. Richard went above and beyond and would do anything to help you or make your stay better. I would love to go back. The food was delicous!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amymae531
East Meadow, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Once again Charlie, Francine, Carly and the whole Pollaces Staff have made my family so very welcome that I really feel like I am seeing my friends each and every time we visit. This is our 11th season coming and the staff cannot do enough for us to keep everyone satisfied. From fixing any problem I have immediately to catering to my families fussy eaters. Already looking forward to next summer when we will be staying a couple of days more. Love, Love this place.....

Room Tip: We always get the rooms near the pool and we love swimming. If you love swimming that is my recomme...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Muzerof2
Yonkers, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We went as first timers by way of finding on the web. We had already went to other upstate NY resorts and found less in quality , friendliness and overall satisfaction. When pulling up the first time we thought we made a mistake going until the minute we checked in and were offered an upgrade and the owner knew my name and my family. Do not judge a book by a cover or other reviews, you MUST experience it for yourself because this could be your go to place locally. The regulars are very friendly and we are now part of of that group. We all go at the same time and were welcomed the very first day we met them which was 3 years ago and plan to return every year. All you have to do is be friendly and enjoy what they have to offer, PLUS you can go on your own day trips if you do not want to stay on the property but dont miss the meals! They will help with any plans you want to make and Richie, the social director, will be able to direct , recommend and help you find something you may have in mind to do.

Room Tip: family unit for those with children, also have units with small kitchens if needed
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Barbara C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#3 of 9 in Catskill
The Kaaterskill
The Kaaterskill
#2 of 7 in Catskill

Been to Pollace's Family Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!