“Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort”

Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Catskill
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I spent 4 days at Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort. Beautiful and Peaceful surroundings. Excellent food, & wonderful staff. Clean and pleasant rooms. I have been returning to Wolf's Maple Breeze for the past 10 years or so and plan on another 10 years. It is the place to go in the Catskill Mountains.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mary D
There are newer reviews for Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Last fall, I saw a post from a friend of a friend for Wolff's. It was a Murder Mystery Weekend Getaway in September. My Mom and I went and had the time of our lives! Not only were the hosts, Ellen and Mike as gracious as can be, but the theatre group people kept everyone involved. We just felt so welcome. We met so many great people and new friends. So, then they were doing a long weekend show for Columbus Day weekend and we decided to go again. These are some of the best times my Mom and I have ever shared. The show was fantastic, the grounds are meticulously kept, the food was phenomenal. The things you don't expect are the Friday night happy hour, a late night pizza party, DJ Dance parties at night and the unbelievable quality and what seemed like unlimited quantities of food they served all included in the price! Also, I should mention, the drink prices were amazing. Way cheaper than the Albany area and likely anywhere else you are coming from. The overall sense of welcome amongst a group of strangers was so refreshing. What great memories of all of the great people, some families, some couples, groups of friends, singles and some nice older folks. Everything was family friendly. So, now I see that they are doing another weekend with show for Memorial Day Weekend called "Housewives of Northeast New York". It should be hilarious! Normally, I go to Lake George, but the trip to Catskill is so much less hassle and a way better time. The pool is beautiful and I still feel a world away. I lost Mom in January so this will be a different trip for me, but filled with the best memories we shared together.

Room Tip: Our room was great. I don't remember the name of the building but being right next to the night...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Carolyn D
Reviewed 11 August 2013

First off I have to say, this resort has been my familys vacation spot for generations. It has a nostalgia to it for us...that being said:when you stAy here there are several things to do that are family oriented.the hotel is clean but has a musty smell if the window is not open or the air is not on. The rooms are very well maintained but still have that moldy smell. My son and I had allergies and were miserable unless we took allergy meds. His asthma also flared up a little. My mom and dad didnt seem bothered by the musty smell though. There are fun activities for the kids throughout the day and its easy to let them wander because everyone gets to know the other guests, and by the time your leaving you feel like one big happy family. Most people come the same week every year w their family so many families know each other. The entire family that owns the resort works there and everyone that works there has been working there for years and years. Most of the adults for 28 plus yrs!the owners daughters work in the kitchen and you are fed really delicious breakfast and dinner. Germans sure do know how to cook! my only issue with dinner is at its from 530 to 6 p.m. My family eats later than that and I get hungry in the night.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Marisaap
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I absolutely loved this place and the staff. Beautiful grounds, immaculately kept in and out, great breakfast, even all the guests we met were great. Thanks for a fantastic weekend.
Jim Knowles
Suffern, NY

Room Tip: Don't know if there was a spa I wasn't really looking for one. This place is a few miles off...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank James K
Reviewed 28 July 2013

As noted by several other reviewers, Wolff's is a friendly, welcoming place for families. Our grandkids loved the pool -- much of it 2-3 feet deep, perfect for beginning swimmers, the play equipment, and the ability to place unlimited rounds of mini-golf, The dining room waitresses and friendly and attentive, and the food is simply and hearty -- meals from the 1970s -- chicken parm, meatloaf, etc. Our room in the "Fairvew" section was dated, but clean and adequate, with an effective room AC. If you're not too fussy, and value friendly over fancy, it's a reasonable choice. One of the women I spoke to said that they come back every year with other families, and the adults enjoy the relaxation, while the kids can explore the grounds safely and easily. My grandson wanted to check out the "game room" with some ancient Pac Man era video games, but the smell of mildew/mold was overpowering, so give that a miss.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SandyRiver
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Rooms were old, run down and dirty. Arrived at 8:30 at night, check in office was closed had to wait 15 for somebody to arrive after I hunted down an employee to call somebody to check me in. Ellen was rude over the phone checking in. Would not stay again and would not recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2012
9  Thank howdoin626
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was our family's 6th visit to Wolff's. The resort is perfect for any family or couple. There are plenty of activities to keep your family busy day and night. Meals include are breakfast and dinner which are always delicious and you will never walk away hungry.

We always have an awesome time when we visit woff's....

If you are planning a trip up to the Catskills, this private resort is the best place to go!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vincent G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#3 of 4 in Round Top
B&B Lounge of Catskill
B&B Lounge of Catskill
#4 of 9 in Catskill

Been to Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!