“Amazing wedding venue”
Review of The Kaaterskill

The Kaaterskill
Ranked #2 of 7 Catskill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We were looking to get married in a place where we could take over the property for the weekend and have super fun relaxed wedding and the Kaaterskill was perfect for that. We loved having the house for the whole weekend and the Ben and bonfire the night of the wedding was perfect. Despite the fact that the area had been badly affected by the hurricane the month before the wedding the house and grounds were fantastic. Our guests did have to wear rain boots because it had poured the week before the wedding, but it just added to the fun laid back style. Loved having the cocktail hour in the pond house and the Bon fire in the fire pit at the end of the night. It is great not having a time limit on the venue. People told me it was one of the most fun and unique weddings ever. We invited more people than the barn could fit (I would not put more than 130 people in the barn with a dance flood) so we had to add on a tent but it was totally fine. We definitely plan on coming back and renting the house again....

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank laceyas

Reviewed 18 November 2011

When we were deciding on a venue for our wedding, my wife and I had two main requirements: we wanted a place with character, and somewhere we'd have the space to make exactly the wedding we wanted. From the moment we pulled up the Kaaterskill's driveway (and a group of rabbits scattered across the snowy field), we knew we had found it. The inn is a beautiful farmhouse with six spacious rooms, each with a full luxurious bathroom and amazing beds. I never thought I would sleep so well the night before my wedding. Renting the entire inn (all six rooms) gets you access to the kitchen and game room, as well as the privilege of feeling like the place is "home" while you're there. Each room is full of what must be in all thousands of pieces of art, sculptures, knick-knacks and paintings ranging from the spectacular to spectacularly curious; there is no end of things to look at and ponder over while you're there. On the grounds, there's a pond and quaint pond house, a stable with horses, some pens with goats and sheep (a manger?), and a gorgeous barn where all 155 of us had dinner and danced well into the early morning--you're hidden in the woods, so there's no reason to keep it down. I could go on about the place, but I'll just say that it's absolutely perfect place for an event or a weekend away. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Unforgettable night! My husband and I comes along with the group of 10 peoples rental the entire Inn as for celebrate a birthday, the owner was there and they were so nice to show us around and the caretakers are being so helpful too~ The room designs are elegant yet modern. It’s a absolutely a great place to get away from the city. I was just staying there for 2 nights but I would say you should there at least 3-4 night was just barely enough .I will definitely come again!!! this is an outstanding Inn I have ever been to A+++++++++++++++

Room Tip: All rooms got good view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank KarmenY_11
Reviewed 12 October 2011

What a wonderful time we had!!! My husband, our 8 month old daughter, and I decided to book a long weekend at this unique hideaway! My husband found The Kaaterskill Inn online... as soon as we saw it, we knew it was for us: quiet, secluded, surrounded by nature, beautiful views.

I LOVED: the bookcase of books in the room... provided books for our little baby AND for me... found my favorite book of all time there! - the fireplace... what better way to wind down at the end of the day then with the crackling fireplace and sounds of nature, heard through the open doors, with majestic mountain views - the jacuzzi... SO relaxing - the eclectic feel of the room... inviting, warm, fun, zen, all in one! Beautiful touches all around... a true zen/nature getaway!

As other reviewers have mentioned, there is no one to "let you in", no one to "call and complain to"... just what we loved about it... as if we owned a slice of heaven for the weekend... what a beautiful place! BUT if we did need to call someone, the groundskeeper is in a house right on the property, and the owners were staying on the property as well. We truly enjoyed this aspect of The Kaaterskill! Thanks for a wonderful, wonderful time!

The bed was sooo comfy! Enjoyed that there was a mini-fridge and microwave for snacks/drinks.

Yummy oatmeal cookies when we left, too!

Room Tip: Beautiful view from every room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Hurricane Irene flooded the Kaaterskil—and you would never have known just a week later, when we were married in its pretty barn, overlooking the pond, with the beautiful mountain backdrop overlooking it all. The Hirsches (the owners) and their caretakers worked like crazy, moving fallen trees, rebuilding a barn floor, and making their gorgeous property look like new, all with the good humor and determination that make their farm so incredible to begin with. They are fantastic people, and we could not have had a more beautiful wedding. The setting is phenomenal, the Inn (with its fabulous, fun, eclectic decor; giant kitchen; billiard room and luxurious beds) a perfect place to stay. The farm felt like ours all weekend, and it made an amazing day all the more special. Seriously, I bet you've looked at eight hundred reviews at this point (if you're a bride anything like my wife)—just go to the Kaaterskill, and you'll see what I mean. It doesn't get any better!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own fun character and decks with amazing views-—the upstairs rooms have sky...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aniehaus
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Kaaterskill after our wedding and had a truly restorative time. Unlike some other reviewers, we were aware of the fact that there would be no greeter at the inn and we would simply help ourselves to our room. The room was bright and comfortable, with a spacious bathroom, kitchenette and fireplace. There is no breakfast provided, but there was a bit of food in the room to start your day with, and COFFEE! The property is simply amazing. We spent our last day wandering the nature trail and enjoying the creek that encircles the grounds. The location is a quick hop to Hudson, NY and we enjoyed a day and shopping and eating while we were up there and then enjoyed to a quiet and calming place. A bottle of wine and some cheese while watching the sunset over the farm and the hills is a great way to wind down any day! The owner was also very helpful in returning some items we had accidentally left behind. We will definitely consider returning if we are up in the area in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs and our room had skylights that really helped brighten everything
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We arrived to The Kaaterskill as a tired burned out City people and leave (reluctantly ) re-charged and energized.

our stay was pure magic, thank you
josh

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties
The Croff House Bed and Breakfast
Crystal Brook Resort & Mountain Brauhaus

Been to The Kaaterskill? Share your experiences!