All reviewsbagelslong islandcontinental breakfastnice poolflat screen tvwould stay againgraniteaccommodationslinens
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were discovering Long Island and the Chalet Inn was what we needed. The check-in was easy, the bed was comfortable, they even had coffee & bagels in the morning. It's all we needed for the night! The only point I would tell them is to watch the conversation going on behind the desk in the morning... Did not need to know about an upcoming trial of a relative

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank vivapd
Lifeisgood41, Owner at Chalet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some great feedback. We appreciate it. We're happy to hear that you found your stay to be nice and comfortable and that you were able to get everything you needed for the night. As for the front desk situation, we apologize for that and will make sure to give your feedback to the appropriate staff to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen in the future. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Donna & Debbie, Owners

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Chalet Inn and Suites was a great find in a nice area of Long Island. Yes it was quaint, but furnishings worked fine, and it was very clean. Pricing was quite reasonable. My sister forgot her kindle, and when she called from home that night, it had been tagged with the room number and locked up. My sister called "Donna" the next morning and she mailed it back the same day. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 215Terry_V

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! I'm glad to hear that not only was your stay comfortable, but that we were able to get your sister her Kindle back. We know how stressful that can be! Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Donna & Debbie, Owners

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The room as are dark but ours was spacious and clean. The bathroom was small but had an excellent shower. Wifi was good and reliable. Complimentary breakfast is collected from the office: good coffee, fresh fruit and cake.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lifeisgood41, Partner at Chalet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it! While we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your shower and found your room to be spacious and clean, we were disappointed to hear that your room was dark and that you felt the bathroom to be small. While our bathrooms are on the smaller side, we think it adds a cozy charm to the inn. As for the lighting, did you bring this to the front desk by any chance? We would have been more than happy to switch you into a room with better lighting. Next time, don't be afraid to ask for any kind of accommodations. If it is within reason, we're more than happy to provide. Hopefully, we will see you again soon!—Donna

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I left a suit with 2 shirts and a tie this was confirmed on a Wednesday. I asked a friend to retrieve the items for me, he went by and was told to come back, they couldn't locate the articles. We he did go back the shirts and ties were no longer there. I called and was told by the manager they only hold left items for a week, I said that was irrelevant you had my shirts last week. Well at least I got the suit back

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter G

Peter, I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to locate your shirts for you. We never just toss items so there must have been some kind of confusion as to whether or not we actually had these in our possession, and for that I apologize. Normally, we are on top of getting lost items back to our guests. We hope that this one experience will not deter you from staying with us again. We would love another opportunity to impress!

Donna

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed here for one night while in L.I. for a show at the Paramount -- The town is very light on hotels, as in.. almost none. The hotel looks a bit... weathered, we'll say on the outside and the rooms are dated inside. All that said.. it's a fine place to crash; it's clean and as New Yorkers go, the staff is friendly enough. It's off the beaten path a bit, very quiet, no road noise. Nothing really to complain about at all except it felt a little pricey but again, there are maybe 3 hotels in a 25 mile radius so, the market does what it does.

The real win is that within a 1/2 mile walk (down a pretty dangerous stretch of road) there are 3 really solid places to grab a bite and/or a beer. My favorite was Nicky's -- Which summed every Long Island stereotype into really enjoyable lunch/dinner. Go in, sit at the bar and enjoy yourself.

ProTip: Cab rides are $14 one way... to pretty much everywhere in the town. Spent a lot getting to and from the 'downtown' area and train station.

Room Tip: The stairs are hell so see if you can get something on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank brndn
Lifeisgood41, Owner at Chalet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write us some thoughtful feedback. I'm glad to hear that not only did you enjoy your stay with us, but that you were also able to grab some delicious food. Nicky's is a great establishment and we're glad you got the chance to check them out. Thanks for the review, and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Donna, Debbie & Michele/Owners