“Nice Place Nice People”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Nice Place Nice People”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We ate here after a long day of outlet shopping and we enjoyed it. It is a diner, not a steakhouse, so set your expectations accordingly, but it is a nice diner. We had plenty to eat, big portions, soup and salad bar.

Our food was tasty and the service was great. We had an electronic/cell phone coupon we had scanned while deciding where to eat online and we forgot all about it until the lady had rung us up. She voided it right out and re-rang it to include the % off coupon, smiling the whole time. As I said, nice place, nice people.

• Visited July 2013

Toronto
“Great Find Neighbourhood Diner”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

After a long day at Woodbury Outlets, my friend and I stopped by this diner and was pleasantly surprised. Their entrees included a soup and all you can eat salad bar. WOW! Loved the variety at the relatively small salad bar.

They had an obscene amount of items on the menu, but unfortunately did not have a pasta dish that I wanted so settled for the ravioli. The entrees could feed an army. We took our food back for the next day. Great value and always love to support local restaurants and diners. Definitely worth coming here than the regular middle of the road corporate restaurants.

• Visited June 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Great Diner”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My friends and I had a great meal at this restaurant. The prices were excellent, the portions enormous and the service from our waitress Catherine was excellent. There was absolutely no complaint. I had the chicken cordon bleu and when it came I almost choked. This was no ordinary chicken breast. It looked like it was a chicken on hormones it was so huge. Add to that the veggies and potato AND SOUP and I could not finish it all. My friends had similar experience with their food and even the ravioli parm was big. I would not think twice about going back aagin and it is ten minutes from Woodbury Outlet Mall. Give it a try. It is good honest diner food and if you want the hostess will talk a little french to you. She was born in Montreal and we had some fun. Very good place.

• Visited June 2013
Howell, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some people should know when to quit”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I remember Bright Star Diner for it's manager Steve and it's great food and service. My recent return to the diner left me speechless when I found out Steve was no longer working there. The management staff which replaced him will never be able to fill his shoes. Such a shame.The food tasted processed, the service was less than mediocre and the prices were inflated for lesser quality food. Steve was the motivation to go there. Nothing is quality there any more. They have advertised on the diner website "we deliver" for better than six months, yet every time I call they have attitude as I am informed they do NOT deliver yet. OK then...WHEN? No reason to return. How sad. I suppose some people should know when to quit.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sharon H
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Breakfast!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were looking for a good breakfast place on the way back to NYC. Found just the spot in Bright Star. Eggs, bacon, french toast were great. The home fried potatoes were excellent.

Don't understand you haters out there. You go to a diner, then judge it like it's supposed to be a Mobile 5 Star restaurant. Bright Star is a good local place that servers a freshly prepared, hot meal for about $10. Enjoy it for what it is.

• Visited May 2013