“Sunday brunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Chappaqua B&B and Inns
Rhinebeck, New York
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I read several reviews of the restaurant before visiting this past Sunday for brunch.Some reviews of the brunch were so so.Positives,the valet parking upon arrival is most convenient,we were greeted quite nicely by perhaps the manager who promptly checked for our reservations,the service by Francisco and his staff was prompt and courteous,we found the line for the buffet to be not long,the buffet offers more than adequate choices.The negatives,we had to wait a bit while 2 tables were put together for 4 despite the fact that several tables for 4 were unoccupied,I was a bit put off when Francisco said he had to tell me the rules,rules for a buffet?,a bloody mary,mimoso is included in the $34 price,my wife asked if she could have a glass of wine instead,yes but for $7,come on,should be able to sub and I was charged for 2nd bloody mary which really was hers,the scrambled eggs were cold and hard,lastly there is an automatic 20% tip,I would like to decide the level of service( I did leave an additional tip in the holiday spirit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I and my partner went to Crabtree during restaurant wee and back in the spring, both times I found the serve lacking. I have been going to Crabtree for 20/yrs and I have found the restaurant coming down in quality. The serves were inattentive, food came to fast, no one was around to pour the wine or offer any suggestions, welcome greeting, etc. The food was still good, but not excellent, plus I'm finding the restaurant in need of an update.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is a large chalet/inn style restaurant. I have no experience with the hotel side of the operation, but the restaurant is very pleasant. The large and romantic dining room overlooks a pleasant garden and hillside and is very inviting. There is a sizable bar and several private rooms, including a large room suitable for weddings and other occasions that opens outside. The wine cellar is also impressive. The food and service are quite good though not inexpensive. Parking is less convenient and most nights there are valets on duty.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I have had a few birthday celebrations here, always a brunch. The choices are many I usually have breakfast specials. All always good. the service has been consistently excellent. The place is busy on Sunday, with many large parties. Not inexpensive, but reasonable.
Jeremy T

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Crabtree Kittle House came recommended by locally colleagues. It was beyond disappointing and moved right on to disgusting! The rooms were poorly maintained. The 1st of THREE room had mold and mildew on the shower curtain, a sticky floor, a rusted shower grab bar and a bed that could should have been alongside a dumpster. It completely gave way when I sat on it and when I pulled back the bedding I saw what looked like ROT!! The second room had stink bugs and the door handle fell off when I was existing the room. The third room was poorly maintained with a bathroom wind that was open with a ripped screen; being opened from the top, a guest could not reach the 10 foot high window! An event that evening in the common areas had overnight guests parking off the pavement against a brush area that was completely un lighted; the music from the event lasted until 1AM and could be heard booming from the guest quarters. Hand-down the worst accommodations ever experienced with a completely ambivalent staff, who had the nerve to charge full price for all of the three nights of my stay. Unfortunately, accommodations in Mt. Kisco NY and surrounding areas of Westchester County are extremely limited. Sleep in a tent if you must before staying here!

Room Tip: The rooms are filthy and the fixtures in the bath are old, rusted and in poor repair. The shower cu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mary P
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Sunday afternoon rolled around and my husband and I realized we had nothing planned for the evening. We absolutely love the fall and decided to take a nice drive to Crabtree's Kittle House since our friends and family rave about it constantly. Who knew that even on a Sunday night, this beautiful restaurant would be so popular?

Among the busy night they had the hostess was friendly and seated us right away. We were seated in the warm dining room that felt so nice after having been out in the chilly fall weather. After looking over the menu, we were convinced that it was going to be a difficult task to decide what to eat!

We ordered the White Bean and Roasted Garlic Velouté with the kale and pancetta foam along with the Big Eye Tuna Sushi Pizzetta. We also ordered the Ricotta Gnudi. We cleared all of our plates. With every bite, we were both so happy and satisfied with our delicious choices. For dinner we ordered the Chicken and the Rack of Free Range Lamb. The meat was cooked perfectly and even though we were pretty full from our appetizers, we didn't leave one bite left on our plates. The flavors along with the presentation of our meal was fantastic and made the evening so special. We ordered a pecan pie and cheesecake to go. The service throughout the entire meal was excellent as well. Our waiter was attentive, friendly, and so helpful with the questions we had throughout the night.

We were so thrilled we decided to make a reservation for 2 weeks later. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terry s
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We are paying the high end rate for a "standard" small room. It's 10 pm our room faces the outside patio area. A wedding reception will continue until 11 pm. When asked about another room was told "our reservations indicate we have many events". We DID know there was a reception in the "Tap Room" for the evening when we booked a room, we did not know there was an evening event that would continue until 11-12PM.

Ok, fine. So, we'll hear noise, music, activity until 11-12pm. Our room is OK , nothing like the website pictures. Our room is small, glad it' s cool, AC is by head of bed, bathroom small, and all this for what all the other lovely rooms on the website cost. We spent $300 in the dining room, good meal & service. Would come back for food NOT lodging.

Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chappaqua
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Castle Hotel & Spa
#6 of 7 in Tarrytown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Crabtree's Kittle House? Share your experiences!