“Perfect. And a breakfast well worth paying for!”

Courtyard Buffalo Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Surprise overnight in Buffalo in bad weather, made much nicer by this up-to-date, spotless Courtyard. The shower, room lighting, power plugs and flat-screen placement, and even the couch resulted from very wise design considerations. Ditto the late-night food availability beside the check-in desk. Best of all was the breakfast: clever items well displayed, some cooked to order, priced fairly and graciously served.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank heycharlie
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for submitting a review. I’m sorry you had an unexpected delay in Buffalo but I’m pleased to hear your stay with us made up for the inconvenience. I’m glad you chose to try our restaurant for a bite in the evening and again for breakfast. I appreciate the feedback and will share your comments with the Bistro staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is by far the best of the hotels near the airport. I have stayed at just about all of them over the last few months because I never could find one I was happy with and I surely wish I would've stayed at the Courtyard first.

The hotel is still in brand new condition and is very clean. My biggest things I look for in a room are the comfort of the bed, the size of the bathroom, and the cleanliness of the room. This hotel was top notch on all 3 of those items. It was snowing while I was up there and the bed actually faced the window so I could lay in bed and watch the snow which was nice.

Very close to the airport but you don't hear any noise from it that often.

The staff was very friendly, however, my only complaint was that the TV in my room kept turning itself on (no it wasn't me laying on the remote control). I called twice to report the issue and they said they would send someone up but no one ever came. I just ended up unplugging the TV before I went to bed.

If you are needing to stay near the airport this is definitely the property I would suggest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bishoparc
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m glad you took the opportunity to stay with us and your expectations were exceeded. It’s good to know you found your guest room clean, comfortable and spacious. I appreciate that you recognized the staff. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Please accept my apologies for the issue you had with your television and the lack of follow through on our behalf. You can feel confident that I will review this with my staff to ensure it does not happen again. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in Buffalo.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

With an awesome rate, a great room, I love this place. On the 2nd night our room was not cleaned however when I called down to front desk they quickly got it cleaned up.
Courtyard Marriott has made a great product for travelers. It would be nice if breakfast was free like their sister properties at the Towne Suites and Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to submit a review. It’s great to hear you loved the hotel and thought the room was great. I apologize for the glitch in housekeeping service but I’m glad my Front Desk staff was able to resolve the issue and service your room in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

A big thank you to the wonderful staff and the beautiful hotel at Cheektowaga, NY. A friend and I were simply in Buffalo for the night, shopping during the day. The hotel is modern, stylish, and the rooms tasteful, clean and comfortable. The bathroom (shower) was spectacular. We were very pleased with everything. We were right across from the airport and didn't hear a thing....not one plane.
After a long day of shopping, we went down to the lobby to eat at the open concept restaurant. Not what you might expect in a restaurant, but again, for our purposes it was great. We sat in a booth, watched a movie (a tv in every booth), enjoyed our dinner and relaxed. The wait staff were awesome, and the food was great. I have food intolerances and allergies and they were completely patient and accommodating.
The next morning (after a very quiet, comfortable, LONG sleep in) I went downstairs for a coffee at the restaurant...which sold anything and everything from Starbucks. The desk staff were all SUPER as I tried to figure out how to use my phone/ Wifi without being charged for being out of Canada. I have to say, they went far beyond the call of duty there. They actually showed me how to go into my settings to make the required changes. Very down to earth, helpful people. It was greatly appreciated.
We travel to Buffalo annually for this over night shopping trip and this will be our hotel of choice from now on. It was absolutely perfect. Thank you again, for a great stay!

Room Tip: We did not use room service nor the spa, but I'm sure given the rest of the hotel was awesome, t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beachbaby33
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the style and décor of our hotel. We’ve had many guests rave about our showers, I’m glad to hear you agree. Thank you for the additional feedback about your experience in the restaurant and the staff. I’ll be sure to share your comments with them. It’s a pleasure to hear the desk staff went above and beyond to help you connect to the WIFI on your phone. They certainly appreciate and understand the importance of being connected while traveling and make every effort to ensure our guests can take full advantage of our high speed internet access. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Buffalo.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have gravitated more to Courtyards over the years for their consistent quality and service. We have stayed in fancier and also much worse but feel these are the best bang for the buck. Again because of the consistency amongst almost everyone we have ever stayed at. They are clean and comfortable, and staff friendly, professional and helpful. This one is all of the above and was perfect for us before a flight out the next day. Shuttle was prompt and courteous. Will be back here again and recommend to any of our friends. Never heard a plane although we could look right at airport across the road.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
James C, Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel and staff! I'm excited to hear that Courtyard is your preferred hotel when travelling. I agree that Courtyard's consistently offer a great product and serivce. We look forward to seeing you again when you depart from Buffalo.

Regards,
James C.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Set further off from the NY State Thruway than I was expecting and at one point I was wondering where we were driving to but when we pulled in to the drive where the Courtyard sits with two other Marriott properties I had a feeling we'd be good to go.

This was a last minute I-changed-my-mind booking for our return trip back to Indiana to let us drive a little further today in the hopes of driving a little less tomorrow. It was the right decision for us before I even knew it would be.

For slightly more than what I was going to pay at another property (two queen "suite") we got a large, one bedroom family suite with a pull-out couch. There were a lot of thoughtful touches put into the design - everything seem so functional and located in good places. The sofabed is a standard creaky sofabed but my two little girls aren't suffering too much as they're both sound asleep. And have to say, the king sized bed in the bedroom - it feels like heaven.

There's a larger than normal pool that let the kids work out some pent up energy and a spa/hot-tub that let me unwind and relax.

Oh, and the staff - from the moment I walked in the door they were smiling, helpful and really pleasant and that is so welcome after being in a car for more than 10 hours.

This hotel is a gem. We'll be adding it to our list of hotels to return to when traveling east or west.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
James C, AGM at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on your recent stay with us! It is our intention to ensure our guests experience a clean, comfortable and inviting stay during each visit with us. I really appreciate the kind comments regarding out team. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious suites and were able to take advantage of our pool/spa (Thank you for posting such a great picture of the pool as well!) Please come back and see us the next time you are passing through!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

How close is this Courtyard to the airport? So close that you can see it across the street from inside the terminal. That may sound too close due to airplane sounds however the way that the hotel is aligned, aircraft noise is almost non-existent.

This is a 5 story hotel in a typical hotel design with a single, straight hallway, rather than a typical Courtyard in the. Shape of a rectangle. Rooms are spacious, modern, clean and large. Most rooms just seem to have a shower instead of a shower/tub combo.

Also sharing the property are a Fairfield Inn and a TownPlace suites. Parking is good and it is convenient to I 90 and, of course, the airport.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello Jim - Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent business trip. Courtyard is a perfect brand for the business traveler offering free internet access, free local phone calls and a convenient place for breakfast or an evening drink and snack in our Bistro. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you return!

Warm Regards,