“Great Staff, Great Hotel, Great Location”

Courtyard Buffalo Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Pensacola, United States
“Great Staff, Great Hotel, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is fantastic! The entire staff from the front desk to the Bistro to the housecleaning are the best. Always very attentive and looking to make the stay very pleasant. I have never really experienced any issues aside of a few maintenance items such as the toilet constantly running. Which, by the way, was taken care of promptly.

I tried this hotel on a whim after having spent several months across the way at a different hotel. I am so glad I have found this one. Thank you everyone, especially Sarah, Ashley, and CHEF! I am looking forward to many more weeks in this hotel over the next few years.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face toward the airport and have great views of planes landing and taking off.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for the great review. It was pleasure speaking with you and I am very pleased to hear you think so highly of our staff and the hotel. I’m glad you chose to give us a try and will be a guest of ours for the next few years. I’ll make sure that I share your comments with the team in the Bistro; they will be happy to know you recognized them. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our second visit in the last year and another great experience. The hotel was booked solid but it hardly seemed busy. Well appointed, clean and great service.
10 minutes from the Walden Galleria, 10 minutes from Transit road and very close to the airport and highway. Perfect location.

We will be back. Thanks Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you have stayed with us before, chose to return and had another wonderful experience. It’s good to know you find the hotel conveniently for your needs and despite our location find it to be quiet and relaxing. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for a night after flight got canceled. Courteous and helpful staff. Reservation and check-on process are efficient. Beds comfortable, bathroom large, well lit, and clean. Nice lounge and bar.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you were able to have a pleasant and relaxing experience despite the unexpected circumstances. I appreciate the feedback and will certainly share your comments with my team. Thank you and we hope to see you again if you happen to be in Buffalo.
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We don't travel to the Buffalo area all that often. I didn't know quite where to stay off the interstate on our way to Saratoga Springs. Maybe I have a bad preconceived notion about "airport" hotels, but this one was very pleasant. It wasn't far off the interstate and was very easy to find.
The front desk was very friendly and kind when we arrived around 10:00 at night. This is great because at that hour the last thing you need is some unpleasant individual checking you in.
The room was very clean and updated. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was one of the better hotel bathrooms I've been in. I've been in a few. ;-)
The next time I'm in the area, this will be my go to place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the opportunity to submit a review. I’m glad you decided to give us a try and were pleasantly surprised by your experience. It’s assuring to hear you felt the front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. I’ll be certain to share your feedback with the team. The housekeeping team will also be glad to hear comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. They work very hard and will be proud to know their efforts were recognized. Thank you for staying us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in Buffalo.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

There are 3 Marriott properties at this BUF airport location and I have stayed at all three on past visits.

However, I have to say that this trip the Courtyard was a little lacking. Will caveat my comments with the fact that all 3 hotels were booked due to multiple college graduations, a Canadian holiday and some sort of dance recital in the area - which threw there service level into a tailspin.

First - 1/2 of the room had no power. No tv, no outlets, no phone, no lights on arrival. So for a 48 hr stay, 20 hrs without that capability in the room was a little disappointing. Had to plug computer into outlet at bed or bathroom - all others were dead. I called in the maint issue but the maint team was unavail (due to late hour I believe). The next day I went to front desk and reminded them of the call from the night before, alerting them to the outage. The new front desk person wasn't aware of the issue but sometime later that day the power was restored. (No attempt at compensation was made by the front desk management).

Second - noise levels. I ref back to my comments about the hotels being very full, but the constant noise in the halls was a huge distraction. People talking in halls is normal - screaming at 1 am in unsat and should be addressed. I'm not sure if there is a roving patrol - but might want to consider it when the property is at full capacity.

Third - great bistro, very understaffed. They have a great bistro area with starbucks coffee and a light breakfast menu but the single employee (who was a super star...) was just swamped. Prob should adjust staffing when your hotel is full.

Overall the room is well appointed, bed is good and the task lighting very useful (when it has power) and the location is outstanding for my business needs. On the other hand, management needs to address staffing levels when they are full to ensure the hotel is operating as designed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NYSAILORGAL
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review our hotel. It was a pleasure speaking with you today, receiving a firsthand perspective of your experience during your stay and appreciate the opportunity to personally address your concerns. Your comments and feedback are important to us and serve as a valuable tool in our endeavor to always serve at the highest level. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences experienced. Thank you for the kind comments regarding my Bistro Server, she will most certainly be recognized for her performance. As a repeat guest you have had the occasion to experience our hotel under much different circumstances. I look forward to having you stay with us again and the opportunity to regain your confidence in us.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The physical property is bright, clean and fresh. However, upon arrival the front desk tried to 'upgrade' me into an unwanted king suite rather than the 2 beds my son and I required. Fortunately, a two bedded room was mysteriously located after a few minutes. In the morning the chambermaid tried twice to come into the room to clean when we had clearly not yet checked out ( at 9 then 10 am)! Otherwise, no other complaints from my stay. Note, 3 marriott properties are on same plot of land across from terminal.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the opportunity to submit a review of our hotel. Your feedback is valued and greatly appreciated. Complimentary upgrades are a standard practice and certainly meant to be an unexpected delight. I apologize if it was an unexpected inconvenience and delayed your check in. However, I am glad the staff was able to correct the issue in a timely manner. Thank you for advising us of your experience with the housekeeping department. I realize this issue has come up in other reviews and have taken this as an opportunity to once again retrain our team. I’m pleased to hear that overall your stay was pleasant and hope to have you stay with us again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Courtyard Buffalo Airport is walking distance from the airport - about a 7 min walk. There is a shuttle service if required.

The staff here are the highlight - always eager to serve or assist; genuine smiles. The Bistro staff are great; no complaints whatsoever.

The rooms, for the price, represent great value. Very clean, new, and modern. Comfortable bedding & pillows. Bathrooms modern and very clean.

As one reviewer noted, housekeeping can start right on the dot at 8am - so use your Do Not Disturb sign if required.

I stay here regularly on business and would not hesitate to use again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
James C, Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for such a thoughtful and thorough review. Success is in the details. You noticed the details that the discerning traveler looks for when choosing just the right hotel and location. We really appreciate you for taking time to recognize our great staff. We have so many wonderful associates that create a warm, inviting and caring atmosphere. We will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff; please join us again soon!