“Walk to airport.”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Walk to airport.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is another good Marriott hotel with all the amenities, gym, pool, bar and free wifi. You can walk to numerous restaurants and we walked to Buffalo airport. The airport is modern and also has free wifi, ect.

Room Tip: The rooms are big and not noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sanddancer-abroad
James C, Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We are located directly across the street from the airport and many guests including yourself are surprised with the close proximity and short walk over. We do have our 24/hr airport shuttle that also runs within a three mile radius for our guests to use. We hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Buffalo area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Newer hotel. Pros: nice looking bistro in lobby serving Starbucks, modern lobby, full exercise room - did not use, pool - did not use, free parking, room was reasonable size, great location near Walden Galleria, friendly staff, shuttle service. Cons: functional washroom, cheap toiletries, low thread count linen, average comfort bed, and no food at the bistro at 11am on a Sunday. Had to go to Tim Hortons nearby for breakfast/lunch. Depending on what you are looking for, may or may not be right for you. Example, not a place for a romantic night or a family getaway, but may be better for a business trip, shopping trip or to be close to the airport.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sohail M
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to submit a review of our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and greatly appreciated. I’m glad to hear found our staff to be friendly and the hotel’s location convenient for your needs. It’s disheartening to hear you had to leave the hotel for breakfast at 11:00am. While the Bistro does close at 11:00 on weekends, we should always be able to serve a guest so long as we have the equipment on, which should have been at that time. Please feel assured that I have reviewed this issue with my staff. I do agree hotels are designed to meet the needs of the customer and consideration to your needs should be a deciding factor in choosing a hotel. Thank you for staying with us and hope we hope to see you again.
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This Mariott was great. If it had included breakfast like most Mariotts do I would have given it five stars. Even though it's next to the airport I never heard a single plane once inside. Beautiful outdoor area with fire pit. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Pool has great hours and a nice jacuzzi too. Both the pool and the hot tub have a lift for guests in wheel chairs. We had adjoining rooms 421 and 423 which was also handicap accessible. Nicely appointed rooms. My only two complaints would be there are no microwaves in the rooms (there is one in lobby for all to use) and also there was only one washer dryer for guests to use. We were there for a week for a big tournament and it was hard to catch the washer free, there should have been two or three. The location is great, central to all things the city has to offer.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for this nice review! We appreciate that you took the time to let other TripAdvisor visitors know about your stay and the amenities we have to offer. I apologize for the wait times for the guest laundry. While normally they are not in use that often, there was high usage that week while the tournament that was in town and I can see how that can be frustrating. I will share your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Buffalo.
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed one night en route to Niagara Falls from Washington, DC. Check-in was simple and there were plenty of luggage carts available. Parking was plentiful and free, unlike many of the hotels around Buffalo that charge a fee. The hotel was built within the past few years, so furnishings and decor are modern and fresh with clean lines. The lobby is large with comfortable seating areas including "media pods" for semi-privacy, a bistro, a little marketplace, and computer work stations. The pool is large and has a small hot tub, but the scent of chlorine was overpowering for our 7 year old. There was an outdoor seating area, but the fire pit was not lit.

The room, a double queen, was spacious, clean and comfortable. The beds were soft with crisp linens and lots of pillow. There was an oversized chair that folded out into a twin bed - which made the 7 year old quite happy...her own little space! Wifi was free and strong. Rooms accents were nice - desk, chairs, lamps, floor length mirror, decorative vase, coffee pot, refrigerator. Large closet as well as a wardrobe with irrn/board and hair dryer (glad I thought to look in there - would have thought it would have been in the bathroom). The bathroom was large and clean, with plenty of room in the shower, including a bench at the end. Good water pressure.

If you are visiting the Buffalo/Niagara area, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. It’s good to know you appreciated the décor and layout of our hotel. I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer. Please accept my apologies for the strong odor of chlorine in the pool area. I have followed with my maintenance team to ensure the chemical feeders are properly calibrated. I’m glad you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again the next time you visit the Buffalo area.
Mumbai Indian
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our trip to Niagara Falls. Quite convenient as it takes less than 30 minutes to reach the falls.
The hotel seems to be quite new. The rooms are really good and the bed and pillows are excellent. The bathroom is quite spacious with separate partitioned shower area.
The room is equipped with good coffee maker, fridge etc. There is a guest laundry in the lobby level...very useful for families.
But break fast is limited and not complimentary... There is a mac just outside this hotel complex

Over all quite a good hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Felix R, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review our hotel. It’s good to hear you found your guest room and the bed to comfortable. We have had many positive comments regarding our showers, I am happy to hear you also agree. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again when visiting the Buffalo area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have stayed at all 3 properties in this parking lot , they are all run by the same management .
Location is good . Management is horrible , they do not engage in correcting situations .
We spent a night here beginning of June .Check in process was fast but staff not very pleasant .
Room was ok , however I always check the mattress encase of any friends that might be waling around . I didn't find any but the mattress was very dirty. Bathroom was ok except
there was "skid marks " left by last guest . bed was very springy and we both woke up with sore bodies like we got hit by a truck. free wifi , free parking and no breakfast .
There are some great Marriott properties in the Buffalo area and this one is not them .

Room Tip: residence inn on maple
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rickp99
Thank you for your review and candid feedback. Please accept my apologies for the seemingly lackluster experience you had upon checking in. You can feel confident that I have reviewed your comments with my staff. Exceptional service is always our goal and anything shy of, is absolutely unacceptable. I appreciate your comments regarding the condition of your bathroom and have reviewed them with my housekeeping team. While we are confident that it was not fecal matter, what you described is not reflective of our standards and has been addressed accordingly. I’m sorry you didn’t find your bed comfortable. We have had many positive comments regarding how comfortable our beds are however I understand that mattresses are a personal preference and may not always suit everyone. Your comments are well received and important to our continuous improvement process. Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel and we would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in us.
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Right next to the airport and they have an airport shuttle too. The pool was relaxing (not too much bleach) and the hotel has a well equipped gym. The food at the bistro was reasonable for breakfast. Best of all the staff was very responsive to all concerns and requests and went the extra mile to ensure our stay was nice. Somehow my booking was mixed up and we had a single king but we needed a double queen room. When approached the staff were cheerful in making the switch and even waived the extra charges that came up. I have forgotten some toiletries but they were delivered to my room no sooner than I made the call. A pleasant memorable stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the opportunity to submit a review. I’m glad to hear you found the staff to be responsive and accommodating. We continuously strive to provide exceptional service and it sounds like the team met their goal. It’s a pleasure hearing that you had a pleasant and memorable stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Buffalo.