“Great Place!”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Port Colborne, Canada
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for 1 night with 2 kids. The room was excellent. Very Large. Plenty of room for a roll-a-way bed. Located right off the highway, but we never heard the highway at all. The bed and pillows were really good - had a great sleep. It's also in a great location. Just minutes to downtown Buffalo, and minutes to the Walden Galleria Mall. Cathy at the front desk was wonderful; very friendly and super helpful. The included breakfast was fantastic! The best I've seen at a Comfort Inn. Waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, toast, bagels, English muffins, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juices, lemonade, iced tea. Was very impressed! Drinks, fruit and cookies were available throughout the day as well. I will stay here again when visiting Buffalo, and I would highly recommend it to others as well!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Comfort_Inn_NY028, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cheektowaga, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Jane W.,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay for all to see. I have shown your feedback to Kathy and the rest of my staff and they appreciate the kind words. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and expansive breakfast which we feel besides our World Class customer service sets us apart from the rest. We look forward to your next stay.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gatineau, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ended up having to sleep over in the Buffalo / Niagara Falls area on a Saturday night July 12; this is the only place we could find a room. $225 / night. Comfortable, breakfast included but the pool was minuscule. All was good but just way too much money for one night with zero attraction around. Avoid staying in this area unless you have to.

Dear MrGinoL,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback regarding your stay for all to see. During the summer time the prices for rooms in this area go up due to the close proximity to Niagara Falls (Only 25 minutes). We do try and maintain a reasonable price compared to other hotels and what they have to offer compared to us. Although there are not many attractions across the street or in our immediate area we are just minutes away from all the major attractions that Buffalo has to offer. We definitely appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.

South Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked this room room from my Choice Hotels account. The room was $129.95, but it was more like a $60.00 room!

I travel through out Northern, Central and Western New York on a weekly basis and have stayed in many Comfort Inns. This facility has great pictures and pretty decent reviews, but in my opinion it was way overpriced for what was offered. I normally stay at another hotel in Buffalo for $145.00 per night, and for the additional $15 is a far better value.

First thing I noticed when I walked in was an overwhelming smell of ammonia in the lobby. When I checked out many of the doors to the rooms were opened by housekeepers and the smell of cigarette smoke walking down the hall was overwhelming.

The rooms were semi-updated, but the carpet was musty and stained. The carpet down the hallways was bunched up all the way down the hallway and a trip hazard.

The front desk clerk was great. Very professional and friendly.

I booked 2 nights, but checked out after one night.

It seemed like a popular place for truck drivers and construction workers, but I wouldn't recommend it to families or business travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave Y
Comfort_Inn_NY028, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cheektowaga, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Dave Y. ,

On behalf of the hotel and staff we want to apologize that your stay with us is not an enjoyable one. We do strive to maintain a clean and safe environment for all our guests. We do have a few smoking rooms all with a separate ventilation system to help prevent the smoke smell from reaching non-smoking rooms. These rooms are down 1 particular hallway and unfortunately it sounds as though your room may have been down that particular hallway. We currently in the process of replacing the carpeting throughout the hotel and I apologize it was not completed in time for your stay with us. I have let my staff know that you did appreciate the excellent customer service they provided. We hope you will give us a second chance to make things right. If you are ever in the Buffalo Area again and need a room please call our hotel and ask to speak with myself or Kelly the other manager so we can try and make things right.

Lawton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were there for 8 days and the staff was always polite and very customer focused. Because we were there for a bowling tournament, we were in and out, depending on when bowling was. the housekeeping staff would just ask when a good time would be to clean and they always did a fabulous job. I was pleased that the beds were queen size and not doubles. The beds were comfortable, then entire hotel was clean and the breakfast selections were good.I was very impressed during our entire stay.

Dear Wendy S. ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay. Thank you also for electing to stay with us. We are glad your 8 day stay with us was and enjoyable one. I have let my entire staff know especially housekeeping about your feedback and it is greatly appreciated. We all know that an extended stay away from home can sometimes be difficult and we hope we made it feel like your home away from home. We hope all went well with the bowling tournament and we look forward to your next stay with us.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We spent two nights at the Comfort Inn. The room was spacious and clean, the beds very comfortable, and the WiFi worked well. The pool is a bit small, and lacks a hot tub, but the water was comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked, with a variety of breakfast foods, and was available for an extended period (6-10 AM). The hotel also offers a "breakfast to go" for those who need to leave the building before breakfast begins.

The hotel is a bit on the pricier side, but not too far. We enjoyed our stay and would return.

Dear Happyrocker,

Thank You for staying with us and also thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. I apologize we do not have a hot tub but I am glad you were able to enjoy our indoor heated pool. I am glad you were able to enjoy our expansive breakfast which we feel is needed to give each and every guest that good start to their morning. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Buffalo and we welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in the area.

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Arrived around 5:30 Tuesday July 15th to 3 gentlemen behind the front counter~ they had amazing customer service. They gave us rooms across the hall from the other 1/2 of our group... They recommended a great pizza place (Bauer's) and offered to carry our bags up~as the elevator was being repaired.
The hotel room had been recently redone~ the carpet is still soft...!!!
Kids had a blast in the pool and althought the breakfast area is a little small~ great breakfast to start the day...!!!
Great Job Comfort Inn....!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Heather H.,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and we especially thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay. I have personally Thanked our staff on your behalf for providing you with World Class customer service which our guests have come to enjoy and expect from them. I am also glad to hear your kids enjoyed our pool and hope you and your families trip to Buffalo was an enjoyable one. We look forward to your next stay with us.

West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband & I frequently drive from Cincinnati to the East Coast w/ one stopover along the way. I found this accidentally on one of those trips & liked it so much that he ended up changing his reservation for the drive he was taking out East the following week. Super comfortable bed & pillows, super clean, attractive room at a reasonable price. Nice staff, nice breakfast. Close to restaurants & highway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 714christinad
Comfort_Inn_NY028, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cheektowaga, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear 714christinad,

Let me first Thank You and your husband for staying at our hotel. We also would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay. Our staff works very hard in making each and every guests stay an enjoyable one whether it be in the cleanliness of the rooms and property to breakfast to customer service from check-in to check-out. We are glad to hear you see and appreciate our efforts in all that we do. We look forward to your next visit with us on your next journey to the coast or whenever you may be passing through the Buffalo area.

Robert- Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
BEST WESTERN PLUS Galleria Inn & Suites
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#10 of 25 in Buffalo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,748 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Cheektowaga? Share your experiences!