“Quiet Comfort”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Rochester, New York
“Quiet Comfort”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I was in Buffalo for business, and stayed at this location. At checkin, the Front Desk employee was tied-up trying to assist 2 other guests with baggage claim from the airport. He saw that I was waiting and got another employee to help me right away. That kind of service is very much appreciated whether in a hurry or not. The king suite I stayed in was clean, quiet, and spacious. The hotel is conveniently located near the Buffalo International Airport, and downtown Buffalo.
The wireless internet was excellent, breakfast was light, healthy, and delicious, and the 24 hour coffee service was a plus! I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2011

We stayed here for an overnight shopping trip and it was perfect. The front desk attendant was very professional and friendly and explained everything very thoroughly to us. The rooms were clean, linens were clean and the tv was big!! The hotel was very quiet and there is lots of parking.
We didn't get to check out the pool or exercise room but they looked adequate. The breakfast was great!! There were waffles, toast, muffins, fruit and cereal. Overall a great experience at the Comfort Inn. I would definitely recommend staying here.
To be picky one thing was uncomfortable for me; the bathrooms are really cold!! :P

• Stayed February 2011
Ohio
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel, on Saturday night.
The staff were very courteous, attentive and helpful. Check in was a breeze, and the price was amazing. There was a decent sized refrigerator in the room that was nice. Location was very good; easy on and off of I90. There is a gas station, pharmacy and fast food visible from the parking lot, and the neighborhood felt really safe. I was directed to a mom and pop place for breakfast Sunday, around the corner on Harlem, named the Train Station or something like that. That recommendation was perfect!
The carpet was not clean. That disappointed me. I kept my shoes on throughout the stay.
The major reason I wouldn't stay here for more than a night was that the bed and the bathroom vanity were VERY, very high! I realize that I am short (5'2"), but I had to crawl UP onto the bed. My daughter visited me from her school, and noted the height of the beds immediately. I think someone with mobility issues would have tremendous difficulty getting into and out of bed, and think that there is a safety concern for the elderly and children. I've never seen a bed so high. This made the whole room pretty uncomfortable for me. The vanity in the bathroom also set way higher than normal. I haven't encountered these problems ever before, and have travelled fairly extensively!
Also, the wall heating unit was really loud, as mentioned in other reviews.
This is a nice, safe feeling, clean (other than the carpets) hotel, and I'd consider staying here again for a night in Buffalo. I'd stay longer if they had some normal-height furniture! Would recommend with some qualifications...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I have stayed at this hotel three times over the last two years. We found it originally since we looking for a hotel close to the Galleria Mall (we are travelling from outside Toronto). This hotel has been consistent; it's very clean, well maintained, bathrooms spotless, very friendly staff, quiet (we don't like a lot of noise), all the things that you want and expect. It is well obviously well managed. It's also reasonably priced.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RMSS_Canada
Toronto
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Cheektowaga for 1 night this month for the purpose of shopping at the famed "Walden Galleria". The hotel boasted it was close to the shopping mall and combined with the great rate I got with my alumni association card + excellent reviews I booked it the night before. Upon arriving I found the hotel to be extremely clean (that is an understatement, it was like a hospital) and the front desk staff very friendly and hospitable at check-in. Once we got to our room we found it to be spacious and open with two queen beds, a dresser, wall-mounted TV, and work desk with chair. The en-suite bathroom was well appointed with marble shower and countertops (a tad high, as another reviewer mentioned). For some reason the bathroom was not heated as far as I could tell so it was a bit chilly. The "continental breakfast" includes coffee + juices (available 24hrs) as well as fruit, breads, muffins, fresh self-serve/made waffle bar, and cereals. There were no hot options such as bacon/sausage/eggs which I thought might be worth implementing. Rooms feature free wireless high-speed internet and if you do not have a computer, there are 2 in the lobby for guest use. There is also a small pool and fitness room on the main floor (the hotel is only 2 floors) if you so choose to use it. Overall, I found the hotel to be a tremendous value for the price, the staff beyond friendly, and the property well beyond my expectations for a "budget" hotel chain.

Two negatives I wish to bring to light are the very noisy heater/AC unit by the window which even when on the "low" fan setting is very noisy and caused me to wake up each time it went on during the night. If you can avoid using the heat/AC overnight this isn't a problem but it is annoying if you want to sleep comfortably. The second is the location in proximity to the Galleria mall. Despite being advertised as "Close to Walden Galleria", the hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the mall. If you do not have a car this hotel is not within walking distance at all. If you do drive, the location should not be an issue.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Stayed here prior to renovation and was impressed with service, though facilities weren't the best and decided to return. I'm so pleased that we did! Hotel renovations were a pleasant surprise and service was as good as I remembered, both professional and courteous. Complimentary breakfast was a great start to the day and rooms were well-maintained and cleaned. Close to US/Canada border, close to major mall, outlet stores, restaurants and all necessary amenities. I definitely plan to return here for my next shopping trip and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Nearby_Nerd
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2010

This hotel is a great find. Clean, well appointed but not fancy, comfortable bed and quiet hotel for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good & fresh coffee was always available.
We enjoyed the pool too.
This hotel is a must for us to visit 2 or 3 times a year.
There are not a great variety of restaurants close by if travel 5 to 10 minutes you can have great choices.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#10 of 24 in Buffalo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,754 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Cheektowaga? Share your experiences!