“Shopping at Walden Galleria and spending a night or two - Hampton Inn is the place to stay”

Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn accross from the Walden Galleria many times and this 2 night stay was great as always. If you are doing some shopping and spending a night or 2, the conveninence and location make it a great place for a family. Breakfast is included and has many choices to start your day. I recommend it and have stayed here every time we go shopping buffalo.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alyssa R, Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Robert, thank you for your great review about our hotel! We agree that it is a very convenient hotel for families, as we are located near many restaurants and shopping areas, including the Walden Galleria Mall! We also appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast, as we are always looking for new ways to change it up and make it better. We hope to see you next time you come shopping in Buffalo!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pataskala, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel was clean, well maintained, and updated throughout. It was located close to several restaurants. The breakfast was standard fare. They had a lot of people staying and the breakfast areas was full but the staff kept everything clean and neat.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, Roy! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean, as that is what each member of our staff strives for! Our breakfast area can get very busy, as our on the house hot breakfast is enjoyed by most of our guests! I am happy to hear that our breakfast staff was able to keep up with the crowd! I hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We highly recommend your stay, we had a wonderful time. The hotel was close to where we wanted to be, yet comfortable and personable. The room smelled fresh, clean, and felt warm and cozy. The temperature control worked well. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alyssa R, Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Good evening and Happy Holidays! Thank you for your wonderful review about our property! We are so happy you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us, including the cleanliness, location, and helpfulness of our staff! We hope we see you again soon!
Alfred, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This question seems redundant since I reviewed this hotel in comparison to the Affinia Manhattan on the previous page. Our experience at the Buffalo Airport Hampton Inn was entirely positive. We have stayed there many times in the past partly because we like it, and partly because of location. In addition to being near the airport, it's across the street from the Galleria Mall and a very short drive to the Amtrak station. My wife and I enjoy train travel and try to use Amtrak whenever possible.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good evening, Louis! Thank you for taking the time to review us vs other hotels you have traveled to and that you see the value of Hampton Inn Hotels! We are delighted to hear that your stay was positive, as that is what we strive for with every guest! It’s always great to hear from a returning guest that always enjoys our property! The location of our hotel makes it perfect for guests like you, especially with the complimentary shuttle service to the train station and airport! We look forward to your next stay!
Oro Valley, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had a bad check in experience which is very uncommon as a diamond member, I also had my heating fail and then a not so caring check out.

I had checked in and the person on duty argued about the reservation then acted as though they were doing me a favor.

When I checked out I had told the on duty desk clerk of the heating failure, they didn't care to do anything about it.

It was cold and snowy throughout my 1 night stay.

I was given a survey from Hilton and I let them know my thoughts within a few hours the hotel manager called me and I believe she was very sincere. She apologized for the less than par stay. I appreciate her taking the time to assure me that this was an unusual episode and that she would correct the issues. She also thanked me for making her aware of the issues.

All in all, that was golden to me, I believe that this was an off night for them.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel to set up any special requests, get the persons name and ask them to make a no...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven D. J
Desirae K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Good Afternoon, it was great speaking with you the other day regarding your recent stay with us. I do appreciate you taking the time to explain your experience and giving me the ability to take action at my property. I was able to speak with my team members and address each matter immediately due to our conversation. Thank you for your understanding and for giving us the opportunity to show you the great service and comfortable accommodations you deserve during your next trip to Buffalo. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stay at a large number of Hampton Inns and can honestly say this is one of the best, stayed twice within a week and was impressed both times. The 2nd time I was upgraded to a king suite which was much nicer than the standard room,, check in staff were great fun and friendly both times and followed up with a call to the room to check all ok, bed comfy, wifi good and really good shower so doing the standard stuff well plus being friendly scores them 5 stars in my view, even the guy scraping snow was exceptionally nice and helpful - all good really, stay here, I will again next time in town

Management - please congratulate your staff, they have got it right, friendly at the same time as professional and fun, makes staying away from home much more enjoyable.

Rob

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Desirae K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Good Morning Rob, Thank you for your loyalty to our property. I am truly lucky to have found a great team of individuals that care about our guests’ experience throughout their stay with us. Even when the snow is falling in buckets it is nice to see a smiling face outside to greet you. We share our guest feedback at our team huddles and during training. Your feedback will bring a smile to the team’s faces! We welcome you back during your next trip to Buffalo!
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My friend and her two grown daughters always go Black Friday Shopping in Buffalo. This has been our 2nd time staying at the Hampton Inn on Walden Ave. We just love it. It's conveinient, clean, quiet and comes with a free hot breakfast which is perfect for us on the run!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alyssa R, Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thanks for returning to our hotel for your shopping trip to Buffalo! The complimentary breakfast is available each morning from 6 am to 10 am, as we know that Black Friday is an especially busy day for shoppers! We hope that you’ll return next year for Black Friday shopping, or any other shopping trip you plan to take to Buffalo!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport/Galleria Mall
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,114 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga North East
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall? Share your experiences!