“Always a great stay”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto,Canada
“Always a great stay”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Another shopping trip in the books and another stay at the Fairfield. It is always a great stay quiet clean and comfy. Even though I wasn't feeling the best a bit of a cold still a good stay, if your looking for a close stay to the mall this is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2012
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Naddy,

Thanks for picking our hotel once again for your latest shopping trip to Buffalo!! And thank you for yet another great review of our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you had a cold, and we hope that you got lots of rest while you were here with us and that you're fully recovered and back to excellent health.

We also hope that you found the deals you were looking for while here on your shopping trip. Please visit us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you!

~ Shelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Fairfield's rates keep creeping up and the quality keeps going down. The mini-fridge in the room didn't work and they did not have CBS, yet "we're working on it and it will be fixed shortly." It had been out for two days and they had no clue when it would be repaired. Don't lie to me!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sincerely sorry for the experiences that you encountered while at our hotel on your most recent visit to Buffalo.

I apologize that we may not have come across as truthful in our explanation of our TV outage, but I do want to let you know that Buffalo had just experienced a high windstorm the day before you arrived to our hotel. All of the hotels on our strip lost phone lines for 2 days, our high parking lot light was ripped off the pole, and our satellite receiver on our roof was damaged as well. We had to order a completely new receiver and have repairs to one of our satellites, and this is why some of our channels were not working at the time of your visit. We have also been in the process of upgrading our TV systems to allow for more HD content, and so my staff may have been confused in their explanation to you of why the TV channels were not working.

Please know that we take the concerns of our guests very seriously, and while there is no excuse for a broken refrigerator in your room, I can assure you that we would never lie to our guests regarding our efforts to make their stays as perfect as possible. I am sorry that the refrigerator in your room was not working properly and I wanted to let you know that my staff has replaced the broken fridge with a working one until it can be repaired.

Please feel free to give me a call if there is anything else that I can do for you, and please know that our phones are repaired, all the cable channels are now working, and the parking lot light has been oredered. We would love the chance to have you stay with us again so that we could reverse the negative experience that you had with us this past visit. Please let me know if you are coming into town so that we can ensure a great room for you on your next visit.

We thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor and hope to see you again soon at the Fairfield Buffalo.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Hotel exceeded my expectations significantly. Room was well appointed and comfortable. Appeared to be either new or very recently renovated. Friendly staff, and very convenient location. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear Jack,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about how our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations during your time here at the Fairfield! We have actually been open for only a little less than 3 years, and I think that our hotel has held up beautifully during the past few years.

Our staff loves to hear great comments about how they are friendly, as this only fuels them to offer even better guest service every day! Thank you for your time in letting others know about our wonderful hotel, and we are excited to welcome you back to visit us on your next trip to Buffalo!

Hamilton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Excellent value. Clean, comfortable room. Nice complimentary continental breakfast. Not so bad of a commute to downtown Buffalo, even when there was traffic.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark K
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you had the chance to try out our breakfast and that you noted the great value you received for your room. I'm also happy that you stayed with us even though you had a commute downtown. I really feel that our location is central to everywhere in Buffalo, and that makes us a great choice to travelers who are flying into the Buffalo Niagara airport.

We are glad you chose our hotel for your stay in Buffalo and will be happy to host you again on your next trip to western New York.

Westerville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The hotel had modern look but my room smelled like smoke. It wasn't unbearable but still very noticeable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank EWB53
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear EWB53,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed the decoor and our breakfast during your time with us.

I cannot imagine how frustrating it would be to check into a hotel expecting a clean and fresh smelling room, and to find that the room has an odor. I am very sorry for this experience that you had at our hotel and would love to contact you further so that I can personally apologize for this issue. Our expectation and standard as a Marriott hotel is that all of our rooms will smell perfectly fresh and clean for every guest who arrives, and I want you to know that we do our best to ensure this for every guest. It's also important for us to ensure odor-free rooms, as our entire hotel is a smoke-free environment, along with all of the Marriott hotels in North America.

Please reach me by either calling the hotel at 716.633.2488 or by sending an email directly to me at ffi.buffs.gm@marriott.com so that I can have the chance to speak with you directly.

Thank you again for your time in writing your review and I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

All my best,
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My family stayed at this hotel in Dec. 2011 a few days before Christmas to attend the funeral of my father-in-law. While it was a difficult trip/occasion, it was made somewhat easier due to the graciousness of the staff. Everyone we encountered was so hospitable and friendly, and we even received a sympathy card with personal notes from the staff. We were so touched by the thoughtfulness of that gesture! The hotel itself is wonderful-- clean and quiet, and very conveniently located. There is always hot water for tea or cocoa in the evening, and the breakfast area is well-stocked and maintained. Our December trip was our third stay in as many months, but it definitely won't be our last!

Room Tip: We've stayed in three different locations; all were great!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen M
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Karen,

Thank you for the sweet note about our hotel team during your visit here for the funeral. It was a very sad time for your family, and I am so sorry that you had to come up to Buffalo right before the holidays for something so sad instead of celebration.

Please know that our employees care deeply about our guests who visit us and we hope that we were able to ease the stress of traveling by providing you with a cozy environment where you could spend time with your family.

We hope to see you again the next time you are here to visit family -- please stop down to say hello to me the next time you're here as well. It was our pleasure to meet you and to take care of your family this past year.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is the fourth time that my family and I have stayed at this hotel and we have never been disappointed. The rooms are quiet and clean and the staff very helpful.This is our favorite place to stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The breakfast is also first class

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Charles,

Our team at the Fairfield is thrilled that you have visited us 4 times and that we've been able to offer you a great service experience each time. We love our repeat guests and our staff is excited to see guests telling others about their experience at the Fairfield.

We're happy to be your favorite place to stay and hope you come back to visit us before your next Family Day Get-Away!