“Clean hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Buffalo airport for 1 night in October.

We were in the area to see a Pearl Jam concert at the first Niagara Centre. It only took us about 20 minutes to get there.

We also did some shopping at the Walden Galleria which was 5 minutes away and easy to get to.

The staff was friendly. The hotel was neat and clean. We did not use the pool or fitness room, but they looked fine. There were waits at the elevator.

Our king bedroom on the 5th floor (top floor) was pretty basic. No balcony or fridge. Not much of a view. The bathroom was decent. The bed was comfortable. The room was fresh and clean. We could hear planes, but it wasn’t too loud.

The Comp breakfast was good. It was crowded and busy when we went at 9:00. The tables were not cleaned right away.

We got a rate of $200.00. I felt that it was a bit expensive for a basic room.

We have stayed at the Millennium Hotel and the Best Western Inn at Buffalo Airport. This hotel was better but also more expensive.

Room Tip: Stay on main floor to avoid waits for elevators
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear PCBailey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm so happy that you were able to stay with us during the Pearl Jam concert. I hope that you found the drive to the arena quick and simple. Im so sorry that the breakfast was crowded when you and your husband came to dine, and I hope that you were able to grab something good to eat. We strive to keep our guests happy even during busy rushes, and I hope you were not too dissappointed.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you visit the Buffalo area again.
Best,

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed in the Fairfield Inn with my wife and two young sons the night before flying from Buffalo airport. The hotel is just across the road fro the airport. After dropping my family off at the hotel with our luggage, I drove to the car rental returns and it was only about a 5 minute walk back to the hotel. In the morning, the hotel shuttle bus took us to the airport.

The staff at reception were friendly. The reception area was freezing cold due to the air conditioning. We all stayed in a room with two double beds. It was quite comfortable and had a decent bathroom. Breakfast was self service, using disposable plates, cutlery etc. It was very busy and they had run out of various items. There weren't enough staff to restock. I managed to find someone to ask for more bagels. She produced some that were frozen and then offered to defrost them in the microwave. This was the poorest breakfast I have had in this type of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RIchard035
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear RIchard035,

Thank you for staying with our hotel before your flight out of the Buffalo airport. I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to give honest feedback about the positive and negative aspects of your visit to our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed the convenience of our proximity to the airport and our 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle.

However, I am extremely embarrassed to hear that after creating a great welcome experience for you, we did not send you off with a great departure by giving you a great breakfast! I am so sorry for the unpleasant encounter you had with our staff member, and I can assure you that this is not the kind of service you should expect from a Marriott hotel at any time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for taking the time to submit your feedback online so that I could have the opportunity to correct this service issue. I sincerely appreciate your time and your visit with us, and I hope that you had a safe trip back to the UK with your wife and sons.

Best regards,
~ Shelly

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here one night for a business trip. Wonderful hotel and very quiet. You would never know you are next to the airport. Hotel staff was very hice and helpful! Rooms were clean and breakfast was ok. I didn't have a chance to check out the pool.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear VBMama,
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! Being an airport property, sound proofing our hotel was definitely a top priority so that our guests could get a good nights rest. I hope that next time you're in the area, that you'll choose to stay with us again and hopefully be able to check out our awesome pool and spa!
Best,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Chose this hotel primarily because of ratings, and by the time I booked my weekend, many other hotels in the city were full. Hotel staff was pleasant, rooms, corridors and lobby were kept clean, and you did not hear noises from the airport. One advantage to the hotel was that you could rent a car, which was right next to the hotel, instead of paying the additional fees from picking up your car at the airport. I am a light sleeper. There was a noise which went on and off every 15 minutes or so, that kept me awake (thankfully I bring ear plugs with me). Didn't realize until the morning we left it was the mini-frig. Air conditioner unit also was noisy (at least for me), but the one thing that I would rate them poorly was on the bedding. Of course the sleeper/sofa was horrible, as you would expect, but the king bed, every time I turned over or you sat on the end of the bed, you could hear the squeaks from the coils. Add to that these little square pillows they give you. Breakfast was average. Runny eggs and over cooked turkey sausage, along with the usual oatmeal, yogurts, waffles, etc., but the muffins were delicious! If you are not picky about your bedding, then you should have no problem with your stay here. It is a convenient location to everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2015

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay at our Hotel as we greatly appreciate and value our Guests feedback! We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our Guests and I'm pleased to learn you have experienced that consistently. I would like to apologize for any uncomfortableness you experienced with the new Brand Standard pillows, however, for a future visit we will try to have another option available for you should you desire.Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Karen Monaco

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed one night in September 2013. No complaints whatsoever; room very nice; internet worked well; breakfast was good; amenities etc. fully acceptable. Staff pleasant and efficient.

Located opposite Buffalo airport, but noise not really a factor. Not exactly an elegant or picturesque setting; rather a typical airport hotel setting.

Would stay here again if price was right.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Rex T,
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed not only your room but all of the awesome amenities we have to offer also! Being located so closely to the airport, soundproofing our hotel was top priority. I can honestly say that I have never had an airplane noise complaint. I hope that you will come stay with us again soon!
Until next time,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was coming back from a conference in Niagara and wanted a hotel near the Buffalo airport to have a final night's stay. I stayed here about 4 years ago when it was brand new. I can say the hotel is about the same for looks, but the hotel staff didn't even acknowledge the fact I was a Gold Rewards Member.

The room was OK. The bed was a little lumpy, but slept ok. The bedding was ok, but a little on the thin side. The TV in the room was getting very old as it would black out after a while and you could only hear the audio but no picture.

The comp breakfast was Ok. They had some new artificial substance that looked like watered down scrambled eggs but tasted nothing like eggs. They did have hard boiled eggs and that was my main breakfast food. They also had some turkey sausage that also bordered on artificial meat but at least wasn't too greasy.

Overall, I would stay here again if I were flying out of Buffalo, but I would probably give the Hampton Inn a go first before I went here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Fairfield Inn has always been a great stay for us when we're flying out of the local airports. This time didn't disappoint. Rooms were clean, breakfast was ample. The pool was great as well. What really makes this hotel is the staff though. They are so helpful and friendly. They always make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Exj132
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Exj132,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us not once, but twice! It's so awesome that you took the time to share your experience again.
While we are glad that you enjoy our amenities when you stay with us, we are truly proud that our staff makes your stay so great. We agree that they are the best and I cannot wait to share your comments with everyone.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.