“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Canada
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Staff are very friendly and quick with suggestions, when asked. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast had both hot and cold food. There is a shuttle that will take you to the Walden Galleria and pick you up when called.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mslade
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear mslade,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! I hope our staff made some great suggestions of places for you to visit or dine at during your time in Buffalo. Our shuttle to the mall is definitely a guest favorite, I hope you found some great deals! We look forward to serving you again!
Amanda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Etobicoke
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted politely by those at the front desk and they were accommodating. Good location for shopping at the Walden Galleria(six minutes) and the Factory Outlet Mall (thirty Minutes). Room was kind of small for a King bed. Hallway and room carpet and floor were clean, but the bedskirt had stuff splashed on it on either side of the bed. The breakfast provided had a lot of choices and was acceptable. Overall it met our expectations and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, King bed. Requested room away from elevator, request honoured. It stated...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Teresa,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. The malls nearby are fantastic so I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy some shopping! I do want to apologize for the condition of your bed skirt, and hope that we were able to change it for you.
I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Owen Sound
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Buffalo airport for 1 night in October.

We were in the area to see a Pearl Jam concert at the first Niagara Centre. It only took us about 20 minutes to get there.

We also did some shopping at the Walden Galleria which was 5 minutes away and easy to get to.

The staff was friendly. The hotel was neat and clean. We did not use the pool or fitness room, but they looked fine. There were waits at the elevator.

Our king bedroom on the 5th floor (top floor) was pretty basic. No balcony or fridge. Not much of a view. The bathroom was decent. The bed was comfortable. The room was fresh and clean. We could hear planes, but it wasn’t too loud.

The Comp breakfast was good. It was crowded and busy when we went at 9:00. The tables were not cleaned right away.

We got a rate of $200.00. I felt that it was a bit expensive for a basic room.

We have stayed at the Millennium Hotel and the Best Western Inn at Buffalo Airport. This hotel was better but also more expensive.

Room Tip: Stay on main floor to avoid waits for elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear PCBailey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm so happy that you were able to stay with us during the Pearl Jam concert. I hope that you found the drive to the arena quick and simple. Im so sorry that the breakfast was crowded when you and your husband came to dine, and I hope that you were able to grab something good to eat. We strive to keep our guests happy even during busy rushes, and I hope you were not too dissappointed.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you visit the Buffalo area again.
London, UK
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed in the Fairfield Inn with my wife and two young sons the night before flying from Buffalo airport. The hotel is just across the road fro the airport. After dropping my family off at the hotel with our luggage, I drove to the car rental returns and it was only about a 5 minute walk back to the hotel. In the morning, the hotel shuttle bus took us to the airport.

The staff at reception were friendly. The reception area was freezing cold due to the air conditioning. We all stayed in a room with two double beds. It was quite comfortable and had a decent bathroom. Breakfast was self service, using disposable plates, cutlery etc. It was very busy and they had run out of various items. There weren't enough staff to restock. I managed to find someone to ask for more bagels. She produced some that were frozen and then offered to defrost them in the microwave. This was the poorest breakfast I have had in this type of hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RIchard035
Shelly C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear RIchard035,

Thank you for staying with our hotel before your flight out of the Buffalo airport. I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to give honest feedback about the positive and negative aspects of your visit to our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed the convenience of our proximity to the airport and our 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle.

However, I am extremely embarrassed to hear that after creating a great welcome experience for you, we did not send you off with a great departure by giving you a great breakfast! I am so sorry for the unpleasant encounter you had with our staff member, and I can assure you that this is not the kind of service you should expect from a Marriott hotel at any time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for taking the time to submit your feedback online so that I could have the opportunity to correct this service issue. I sincerely appreciate your time and your visit with us, and I hope that you had a safe trip back to the UK with your wife and sons.

Best regards,
~ Shelly
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here one night for a business trip. Wonderful hotel and very quiet. You would never know you are next to the airport. Hotel staff was very hice and helpful! Rooms were clean and breakfast was ok. I didn't have a chance to check out the pool.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear VBMama,
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! Being an airport property, sound proofing our hotel was definitely a top priority so that our guests could get a good nights rest. I hope that next time you're in the area, that you'll choose to stay with us again and hopefully be able to check out our awesome pool and spa!
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Chose this hotel primarily because of ratings, and by the time I booked my weekend, many other hotels in the city were full. Hotel staff was pleasant, rooms, corridors and lobby were kept clean, and you did not hear noises from the airport. One advantage to the hotel was that you could rent a car, which was right next to the hotel, instead of paying the additional fees from picking up your car at the airport. I am a light sleeper. There was a noise which went on and off every 15 minutes or so, that kept me awake (thankfully I bring ear plugs with me). Didn't realize until the morning we left it was the mini-frig. Air conditioner unit also was noisy (at least for me), but the one thing that I would rate them poorly was on the bedding. Of course the sleeper/sofa was horrible, as you would expect, but the king bed, every time I turned over or you sat on the end of the bed, you could hear the squeaks from the coils. Add to that these little square pillows they give you. Breakfast was average. Runny eggs and over cooked turkey sausage, along with the usual oatmeal, yogurts, waffles, etc., but the muffins were delicious! If you are not picky about your bedding, then you should have no problem with your stay here. It is a convenient location to everything.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2015
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay at our Hotel as we greatly appreciate and value our Guests feedback! We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our Guests and I'm pleased to learn you have experienced that consistently. I would like to apologize for any uncomfortableness you experienced with the new Brand Standard pillows, however, for a future visit we will try to have another option available for you should you desire.Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Karen Monaco
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed one night in September 2013. No complaints whatsoever; room very nice; internet worked well; breakfast was good; amenities etc. fully acceptable. Staff pleasant and efficient.

Located opposite Buffalo airport, but noise not really a factor. Not exactly an elegant or picturesque setting; rather a typical airport hotel setting.

Would stay here again if price was right.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amanda E, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Rex T,
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed not only your room but all of the awesome amenities we have to offer also! Being located so closely to the airport, soundproofing our hotel was top priority. I can honestly say that I have never had an airplane noise complaint. I hope that you will come stay with us again soon!
Until next time,