Unlike many of the reviwers here who are glowing about this hotel, I unforuntatly, have to disagree. I just had a rather frustrating experience at the hotel. I'll start with the positives. The airport is super close to the Buffalo/Niagara airport, so if you're looking for a place to stay before a flight, this should be a good choice. They have a free shuttle that runs on demand, so that is a plus. (However, when are hotels going to wake up and get away from the 15 passeger cargo vans. It is not fun to watch some poor old 80 year old guy try and climb up into this thing and into the back!!! Please switch to the rental car bus style!!) Check-in at the hotel was prompt and since I am a Priority Club Platinum memeber, I was upgraded to a "jacuzzi suite". Somehow I fooled myself into thinking this would be a good thing! Yikes, if I got the upgraded room, I would gate to see what the others are like. I was not expecting the Ritz. I say at a ton of Holiday Inn Express hotels, so I know what to expect. My issue with this room was the cleanliness. The funiture was worn and stained heavily, as were the walls and carpets. But what grossed me out the most was the shower. I'm not sure what is in the other rooms, but since I had the jacuzzi (who uses these when on a business trip anyway??), the shower was a tiny walk-in style. But as you'll see in the photos it was DIRTY. I mean moldy, stained, sticky and gross. THe shower door looked like the soap scum hadn't been cleaned in a long time, and the shower floor was icky and black and just funky. I think the housekeeping staff and hotel management should be embarasssed to give guests a bathroom shower that looks like this.
My other big complaint, as with most hotels, is the hi-speed internet service. Absolutly horrible!! For many of us who travel for work and need to download large files, the speed was just too slow. Then I tried to watch a movie on line before bed...impossible. The connection was terribly slow and kept dropping out.
Overall this stay was a big dissapointment, and for the money, I think I could better at one of the hundred other airport hotels. I do not believe I will be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport offers an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, business center and fitness room. Start your day out right with our complimentary Express Start breakfast buffet featuring both hot and cold items and the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls.We are conveniently located across from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport and offer free 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport and Park, Stay & Go packages.The Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport is only a fifteen minute ride to downtown Buffalo. Here you can experience some of the best spring and summer festivals including Allentown Art Festival , Taste of Buffalo and the Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival . Spend a day exploring Niagara Falls and Buffalo s Waterfront or take in a baseball game at Coca-Cola Field, home of the Buffalo Bisons or a Buffalo Bills game at New Era Field.Bargains await you at the Eastern Hills Mall, the Walden Galleria, and the Prime Outlet Mall.We are the perfect hotel if you are coming to Buffalo on business. We are close to many local companies including Calspan, General Motors, Northrop Grumman, UPS and Prior Aviation.Our entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport Hotel Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Cheektowaga