“Great Park N Fly Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed 9 February 2008

We like to fly out of Buffalo rather than Canada. And we have used a couple of the hotel chains on Genesse St that make their business with the Park N Fly crowd. This was our first stay at this hotel. Our cost of about $150 included breakfast for two, long term parking for up to 2 weeks and airport shuttle to and from.

Typical overnight hotel experience. Room was clean, comfortable and met our short stay needs. There was some airport noise I didnt have a problem with that and in fact I could see airplanes take off from the window which I rather enjoyed watching.

There is a pool and a small work out room. We enjoyed the cozy lounge/breakfast room.

Breakfast next morning was better than most that we've had. Small buffet of breakfast items - scrambeled eggs, sausage patties, toast, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, milk, OJ, coffee tea.

Free wireless

The shuttle driver was so friendly and prompt. He made us feel so welcome and he appreciated our business and hoped we'd come again. He even helped scrape the snow off our vehicle when we returned a week later/ A great ambassador for his hotel.

There is tons of great shopping within a short drive which makes the overnight even more appealing to over-taxed Canadians

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank Gonetravellin

Reviewed 27 August 2007

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to a conference I was attending at the Millennium Hotel nearby. I had some doubts because of the location directly across from the airport. I have never written a hotel review before, but the experience at this one was so great that I could not resist. From the moment of check-in (I was early but a room was ready) to the moment of check-out three days later everything was perfect. I heard no airplane noise, the king-size bed was very comfortable and I had a choice of pillows, the manager's reception on the evening of my arrival was a delightful surprise, as was learning that the hotel would provide transportation for me, free of charge, to any restaurant of my choice within five miles! The breakfast food was fresh and the coffee was very tasty. The room was kept very clean and the arrangement of shower/toilet/sink was great. Although I was traveling alone I will remember the great facility for future family outings. The staff was friendly, courteous and appeared genuinely concerned for my comfort and satisfaction. The front desk staff knew the area and were able to answer questions about the location of various places I wished to go. In all - despite rainy and storm weather - a great stay in a very excellent hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank FireMarshal
Reviewed 23 August 2007

My husband & I stayed here one night after a few day trip up at Niagara Falls. We had an early flight out & were looking for a good hotel, near the airport. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to try the Holiday Inn Express and we were not disappointed. We were a bit concerned at check-in as they gave us a first floor room, not far from the lobby (room 109). However, despite being close to the lobby and the fact that there were several little league teams staying at the property, we didn't notice any excessive noise levels. The property was nice and had an indoor heated pool & spa area, small game room and a small fitness center with a treadmill, eliptical machine, stair stepper, weights, etc. (note: the fitness center was freezing w/thermostat set at 65 degrees!). Our room was clean and adequate for our needs as well and was fairly good-sized with a comfy king bed and nice desk/work area (I think they had internet availability if you happen to bring a laptop). There was a mini-fridge & coffee maker in the room which was nice to have, especially since we could not participate in the free breakfast, which doesn't start until 6:30am (our flight was very early and we checked out prior to breakfast service). Like another Trip Advisor reviewer, I too noted that the shower in our bathroom needed a more thorough cleaning, but it wasn't unbearable (i.e. mold/mildew around bottom edge & in corners). However, the rest of the bathroom seemed spotless. Though other travelers complained about airport noise, it didn't bother us. In fact, we didn't really notice any airport noise at all. All-in-all we had a good stay and wouldn't hesitate to return to the property.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tampa_FL_Girl
Reviewed 12 August 2007

some other reviewers complained about airport noise, but that was not an issue. Some planes went off on Friday evening at 11 or 1130 but other than that, I never heard a thing from the airport. Also, when we stayed, the hotel was booked solid with 2 baseball teams and other travellers, but I never heard a sound after 11:30 in the hallways (and I was steps from the lobby on the 1st floor). Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was decidedly just ok - other hotels offer more, but it was fine for kids. Rooms were very clean, but the management could arm their cleaning staff with some spray bleach for the mold in the shower - not really an issue except for the cleaniks like me. Pillows are awesome and the hv system is just the right hum to get to sleep. Overall, a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hoyaalum
Reviewed 3 August 2007

My wife and I stayed in this hotel the night before an early morning flight out of Buffalo (we are from Toronto). The hotel is close to the airport and offers a free roundtrip shuttle to the airport. Rooms were clean but typical. We booked a deal for $90 which included one night and two weeks of parking. Parking a lone at the airport would have cost the same! We ended up parking for 15 days but weren’t charged for the extra day. I would be happy to stay here again the next time I fly out of Buffalo.

• Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank JoeKo18
Reviewed 23 April 2007

We booked a family getaway package for $99 a night. It came to $112 with tax. It included pizza and wings delivered to your room. When we told the front desk what time we wanted our food delivered we found out that we also got fingers and a 2 liter. We had it delivered to the breakfast room where there is a tv . When the food came it was $34 [free with pkg]. You also get a great continental bkfst. Sat was 6:30 to 9:30. Bagels, eggos, toast english muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yougurt, apples, oranges, bannanas, cinnamin rolls, danishes. Hint the leftover danishes are put out till they are gone by the coffee that is there all day. The pool was a little cloudy, and the hottub needed chemicals , it had dirty bubbles floating. We were surprised we had the pool area almost to ourselves the whole time. The pool towels are very small if you can ,bring your own from home,think hand towel size. The rooms have very thin walls and door. My husband heard the alarm clock in the next room going off for 2 hrs. But overall would stay again. Front desk and bkfast staff are great. Exercise room very nice with 3 tvs.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank jpinj2
Reviewed 23 January 2007

This is a Holiday Inn Express, but I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with this choice. The rooms are clean and neat, and quite big if you have even a few more than two people with you. It beats out all local hotels in the Cheetowaga area hands down...and its great value for the buck. I often use this hotel at least 3 times a year cross-border shopping, and eventhough the service isnt the best, you wont notice.

Stayed: January 2007