“Great bargain” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
“Great bargain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I got the reservation on Priceline. A little hesitant at first but all fears allayed. This is a great place to stay. Rooms are spacious and clean. We had a suite with microwave and refrigerator. Convenient to airport too and close to I-90 and other major thoroughfares.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Oakville, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Booked the hotel for one night to make an early morning fight. I forgot a comb but the front desk was out. The lobby, elevator and room seemed older, in need of an update and better cleaning. While my room did not seem very noisy, I did not manage to get much sleep. in the morning I did manage to get something for breakfast and my room rate was reasonable. In the morning my Car was covered with ice from a sprinkler. But I have been spoiled by paying a little more and staying and Hamptons, Hilton Garden Inns and Homewood Suites. Hilton has also been doing better with their Honors program when compared to the Holiday Inn Priority Partner Program.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear cpsinc,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

So my cousin is getting married. She chose to have her bachelorette party in Buffalo. We booked a room at this hotel. When we checked in we were over charged we didn't notice till the next day after we got our final receipt the manager Christy Taft told us it's too late nothing we can do. From the beginning the staff was rude and could not help us with anything we asked for an extra cot we were told it's illegal to have 3 beds in a room. We asked if we can take the shuttle to our restaurant of choice the front desk person said no problem then after finally finding the driver he said no it's 3 miles too far. Since it took so long for them to figure out how far it was we were late for the reservation. After dinner we came back to the hotel. We asked Peter the night manager if he can help us with either the shuttle to get downtown or a taxi it took some begging but he finally called.us a taxi. We had a great time and got in at 4 am. We had a do not disturb sign on the door and still had the maids knocking at the door at 8 am. We went down to breakfast a staff member bumped into my cousin never said excuse me just kept going how rude. I have felt more welcome and accommodated in other countries than my own. That is so sad I will never stay there again or recommend it to anyone. Thanks for the hospitality. Room 406 Sept 14, 2013

Room Tip: My tip is don't go here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChristyD76
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear ChristyD76,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Arpt Cheektowaga, NY. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Folsom, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I'm not a 5 star reviewer.....you must earn it, and in my book, that's hard to do. I still can't believe the people at this facility, they cheerfully, and promptly managed every request. Rooms were top end Holiday Inn Express quantity. Breakfast was very well done, with a good variety of food and drink, plus plentiful clean seating.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Florianopolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I'm reviewing this hotel as a sort of thank you. We were left out in the cold By Delta Airlines, which cancelled two consecutive flights and caused us to miss our connection to Brazil. We had lots of luggage and were able to use the hotel's shuttle back and forth from the airport. The bus driver (sorry, I forgot the name of the young lady) was extremely helpful, helping us with our luggage and making sure there was a room available. The hotel is quite convenient for the airport, and is clean and comfortable. There's a restaurant in house, and a Denny's next door where we had breakfast. Buffalo airport is also a short drive to downtown and to UB, so this hotel is not only an airport hotel, but a nice place to stay if you have business in Buffalo.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We checked in, and Peter at the front desk was awesome! Got to the room, was glad to see a large room that included a desk, free wifi, microwave, and fridge. The room was quiet and clean, and staff were great! The breakfast buffet, which is served from 7am to 10am was the best I have had to date from a hotel! I would recommend this place in a heartbeat! Thanks for the great stay Holiday Inn Express!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was staying here for business and chose this hotel because I needed to be price sensitive. While they had the best rate, and the room was clean, it was the worst night's sleep I have ever had. The beds are incredibly old, the furniture and carpet are worn, the pillows were lumpy. I thankfully had great water temp/pressure, the bathroom was the best part, well, sort of. At the beginning of my stay, my sink would drain incredibly slow. I didn't ask for this to be fixed because it was late, and did not report it the next day. I was pleased to see that they had come to fix whatever was causing the lack of drainage.
Upon returning to my room after day 3 of work (stayed for 5), my bed was broken, and how it became broken, I will never now. It was very late and I doubt they had anyone there to fix it. Upon reporting it, the front desk agent just said "oh" and that was it. I was already sleeping poorly, and that just made it worse.
The breakfast was good and the attendant working was very nice each day I was there.
If you need to be price sensitive, I suppose it will do. I do think with a little TLC, they could have a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear IntoTheAirwaves,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are glad you liked our breakfast selections. Please accept our apologies for the room accommodations you received that fell below your expectations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M