“One night.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Pennsylvania
“One night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We decided to go to Niagra for the day and so I started look for a Holiday Inn Express in the area. The few others that were closer were lacking in some way. Probably missing a pool or hot tub if my memory serves me. I ended up going with this one. Typical Holiday Inn Express. Pretty good location. Flights from the airport were loud but I only noticed it if I was outside. Property was in good shape and clean. Pool and hot tub were great as was breakfast. We moved on the next morning and that was that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
duseylou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear PABravesFan,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us!

I am happy to read that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us. I am pleased that you found our location convenient and our facilities to be clean and comfortable. It is also nice to know that you were able to utilize and enjoy a few of our amenities such as our pool and hot tub, as well as our complimentary Express Start breakfast! We strive to offer superior service and clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests and I'm delighted that we made a favorable impression.

We would love to welcome your family back soon! Thank you again for staying with us! Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was in town for 6 nights so had a very long hotel stay. COMFORTABLE that they had a good working mini ref rig and microwave. Large king room was sufficient for 3 adults to stay comfortably. Odd bathroom scenario with a 'swinging' bathroom door and odd shaped shower but it worked for us.
OH and the BREAKFAST options were awesome! VERY nice especially for the health conscious traveler. LOVED the pancake making machine :)

ONLY 'not happy' with the NON volume option on your breakfast room/TV.. ESPECIALLY since we were there with many others who would've LOVED to watch/hear the WORLD CUP in your lovely lobby side room. HAD to ask one of the breakfast staff to at least adjust to apply 'CLOSED CAPTIONING' which was not on for 2 days. Front desk said they have NO control over the TV volume (or lack of volume)-- that it is a Holiday INN corporate decision...

AND I will add the breakfast staff was wonderful-- very accommodating-- though on our last day, one older woman was just a bit gruff tho I'm sure it was close to closing time and she wanted to clean up ... OTHERWISE =perfect customer service all week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alicia M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I don't expect much, if the hotel is tired and worn fine. But dirty is unacceptable. Next to my side of the bed was all the nail clippings from toes and fingers. I assume this because of how many there were. We called the front desk and they were booked so we could not change rooms. I wanted to stay at a different hotel but they were also all booked. They sent a person up with a light vacuum to clean them but he didn't bother to move the night stand so some were still hanging around. There was also something splattered on the headboard which I hope was milk. I attempted to clean that myself. I couldn't wait to get out of this place. The front desk staff were great and apologetic. Housekeeping needs to learn how to properly clean a room.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jenni110
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Jenni110,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with your room accommodations and our housekeeping services fell below your expectations. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Made a last minute decision drive the 2 hours to the airport the night before an early morning flight and while this is not one of the best HI Expresses we've been in, it met our needs. Staff was friendly during our brief contact, breakfast was good as expected and the room was clean. The rooms could use some updating as it's getting a bit scruffy but not bad. Had points to use so that's why we stayed and would stay there again. Although we'll more likely stay at the Hampton next door.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
duseylou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear kdt2010,

Thank you for taking the time you share your thoughts following your recent stay with us!

While I am happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly, enjoyed our complimentary Express Start breakfast and your guestroom to be clean; it concerns me to know that overall, your stay wasn't as satisfying as we'd hope.

We aim for nothing short of superior customer service and pride ourselves on providing our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations and I apologize that you feel that you fell short on our delivery.

I would like to kindly inform you that we are in the process of making updates to our guest rooms. We are currently implementing new carpets and new furniture in all of our guest rooms in hopes that this improves overall guest comfort and satisfaction.

I hope that your experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to show you our improvements!

Thank you again for staying with us. Safe travels!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Needed to have a room for a quick stay in Buffalo. The hotel check in staff were friendly. Check in was speedy, which we appreciated as we checked in quite late (post midnight). The room was clean; however, the bathroom could use an update. Showerhead was old and I would have had a better shower with a garden hose! The beds were super comfy - great night's sleep. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic! Both hot and cold options, as well as juices, coffees, etc. Definitely a great value. There is a gym and pool; however, did not use. The wi-fi was great - fast connection and didn't have to keep logging in to access. Hotel is right across from the airport and just a couple km's from Walden Galleria.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear lucky_charm2300,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly and that your check in process was speedy and efficient! I am also pleased to read that you found your guest room to be clean and comfortable however I do want to apologize that your shower head was not working properly during your stay. I promise you that this is not the norm you'd expect from our property and assure you that this has been brought to the attention of the appropriate department and has been fixed.

I am however; happy to read that you had a pleasant night's sleep. We hear such wonderful things about our mattresses and pillows and our guests often ask where we purchase our bedding from! It is also delightful to see that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities such as our complimentary breakfast and complimentary wi-fi. We do our very best to make sure our guests are comfortable and I am happy that you had an overall pleasant experience!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and again for your wonderful feedback. We are always humbled to receive such kind feedback.

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon! Happy travels!
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

First time here on a Park & Stay at a fair rate. It is located across from the airport. The staff were very informative on where long term parking was, provided a mirror identifier for their security staff, the shuttle service, restaurants nearby, and breakfast.

Room was on the first floor. It appeared all Park & Fly patrons were on first floor to ease departure. Shower was odd 'L' aha[pe with no door but the shape keep the water from splashing out. Bed was comfortable and the room & service suited our needs. Ate at a family restaurant named Danny's about a block away on the main road, Genesse. The restaurant offered a good selection and is a good option.

Breakfast at the HIE was as per other locations and suited our needs. Shuttle Service to and from was very good. Packed the car and headed to the Peace Bridge that lead to Fort Erie, Canada.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
duseylou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Carefree2008,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us; as an IHG Rewards Gold Elite member, we sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the brand and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

It is wonderful to read that you had a pleasant experience! I am happy to read that you found our location convenient and our atmosphere welcoming!

It is great that you were able to utilize our park and fly package! Guests often tell us how beneficial they find our park and fly option and find their mind at ease while they're on vacation for the week and find the 24 hour shuttle service to be extremely helpful and I am glad that this was also the case for you.

I am also pleased that you found our front desk staff to be friendly and informative. We are always eager to help our guests with any area information they may need to make their visit go as smoothly as possible in hopes of making it more enjoyable.

Thank you again for staying with us! I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Safe and happy travels!
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've stayed in a few Holiday Inn Expresses and this one was the worst. I went for a shopping weekend away with my mom and young son. The room did not look vacuumed. When I went searching for a toy for my son under one of the beds I found a nail clipping!! As a mother of a young child, the thought of him crawling around on the floor grossed me out! Also, there was a hair on a bathroom shelf and the sink was dirty. The staff were great, lots of parking, the pool was wonderful for my son, the breakfast was good, but my only complaint was the cleanliness. It was close to shopping and was a convenient location. Overall it was good, but the nail clipping sealed the deal for me! :(

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queen beds on the 3rd floor. Great to see the airplanes fly by!