“Great place!”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Toronto, Canada
“Great place!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Located right across from the Buffalo Int'l Airport and near main highways (good location if that's what you need), this is a great place. Very clean, great service, good breakfast, the suite are large (we were in a 2-bedroom) with full kitchen, TVs in each room and in the living room, comfortable beds. Very affordable, good value! Basically, nothing wrong with this place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jillian M, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hello RumRunner65!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us here at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport! I am thrilled you enjoyed your suite and accomodations! I am glad you found the beds to be super comfy, Marriott's mattresses are amazing! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future!

Jillian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Easy check in & our room was impressive. Stayed for 2 nights. The King size bed was very comfortable to sleep in that we didn't want to leave the room. There was an office desk & sofa bed too. Lots of storage space & the bathroom is very modern. The kitchenette was furnished with full fridge, 2 stove burner, dish washer, microwave, exhaust fan & well stocked with everything basic necessary tools to cook. Downside was that we could hear some airplane noise throughout the night but that didn't really bother us considering we knew it's located across the airport. I was woken up by some kids running in the hallways between 4am-7:30am, not sure why their parents allowed them out at that hour. We didn't have the chance to check out the complimentary hot breakfast. I love this hotel & if the price is right will definitely be back. Definitely the best place I've stayed in Buffalo.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jillian M, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello GoaliesMom1!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and will be back in the future! I apologize for the children running around on your floor; I can understand how annoying that would be while you are trying to sleep. If you do choose to stay with us in the future please do not hesitate to call down to the front desk and we would be more than happy to investigate the noise. We always want our guests to have a comfortable and relaxing stay! As for our continental breakfast I hope you will be able to enjoy our make-your-own waffles, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, and other items on your next trip! Once again thank you for your feedback!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've stayed at a lot of Mariott hotels over the years, and I can't say that this one is better or worse than any that I have ever been to. However, I can say definitively that my favorite Mariott property is still the Residence Inn. Courtyard, one day, I will forego the Residence Inn and finally book a room. You know which property you are, after all, I am looking at you. No really, I am literally looking at one as I write this review.

Let's start with the computer that I am writing this review on. It's REALLY REALLY GOOD, and I've used a lot of computers over the years. 23" wide HP screen and a very reactive keyboard. Too bad, I am not here long enough to get my World of Warcraft going.

The property itself is like having 3 houses in one. You have the Courtyard, the Fairfield Inn and the TownPlace Suites all on the same property. So, I have images of my economics teachers Terry and Larry swimming through my head yelling, "Economies of Scale". However, with all this cost savings, they don't allow these hotels to be interchangable. For instance, we had a HOT CHOCOLATE emergency yesterday, and asked if we could go over to one of the other hotels to get some, as the pool was bitter cold. However, we were told that the three hotels although owned by the same chain did not intermix and do things like this. What is this, the 50s? So, we had to do without. Interestingly enough, Hot chocolate showed up this morning when the breakfast opened, so, my family is not impressed.

The check-in was quick and friendly. No complaints, but when I looked out the closest parking spots were not the handicapped but the spots reserved for low emissions and fuel efficient vehicles, but right now, there is a Buick Allure and a Jeep Laredo in the two spots that I can see, and other gas guzzlers in the ones that I can't. If I had a Volt, I wouldn't be able to fuel up. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff, it was quickly shoved aside, as they weren't going to take it on.

The breakfast is good, but just a basic level. It is continental and the only hot things are oatmeal and waffles. Lots of cereal and bread products. The lady who restocks it is so quick that she refilled the empty spot from the milk that I took to my kids before my next trip. Way to go!

Coffee - regular and decaf, water and hot water are available 24/7, it looks like but when they run out of Hot Chocolate, you're doomed. So, grab some.

The property is very modern and I like it. My only issue is that I find everything is so compressed. For instance, when you walk in, you have the coffee station, the front desk, marketplace, all in the space of someone's master bedroom. It doesn't feel spacious. Just cramped.

This theme is carried out towards the bedroom. The sofa bed and the King size bed almost touch. The bathroom is almost a replica of the size of my small Master bath at home but it is more beautiful and well appointed.

As you walk in, the kitchen is right by the front door and the closet is right beside it. With the closet doors opened, it feels cramped. This room would definitely fit the business traveller for a young family, it is still do-able. I am not sure how well it would fair if my kids were teenagers. The one issue that my kids had was that they were almost not able to open the door of our room. I wonder if this is normal, what if they were younger?

Other than the gas guzzlers in the "hybrid" spots, my only other complaint is the pool area. There doesn't feel like there is much heat in the room. Looking over at one of the outside doors, there is frost on it. I believe that the pool is heated but once you get in, the air is so cold, it makes everything worse. Lots of people in the pool were showing signs of hypothermia.

Overall, I think this is a very functional hotel with functional hotel rooms. It doesn't give me the feeling of luxury or opulence but it does the job. Way to go.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Shelly C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear amlee17,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and your visit with our property. We appreciate all of the valuable observations you gave regarding the different aspects of your hotel visit and thank you for taking the time to write.

Please accept my apologizes for the hot chocolate fiasco that occurred during your visit. It's definitely a brand standard for TownePlace to have available at all times, and I am sorry that we did not have it out ready for your family when you wanted to warm up after swimming in our pool. Hot chocolate has been especially important to have during this year's cold winter, so I am sorry that we didn't have it out for you during the night you were here.

Please know that I take all guest feedback very seriously and I will ensure that your positive feedback is passed along to our breakfast attendant. We will continue to improve upon our customer service experience in order to make sure it's the best experience possible, and I thank you again for your valuable feedback.

We hope to have you again as our guest on your next trip to Buffalo!

Kind regards,
~ Shelly
Northville, New York
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This property was very close to perfect for a business trip. The room was incredibly spacious and clean. The desk space with the option of wired internet was a very much appreciated plus. The only drawback was a very sparse breakfast offering. Had I thought prior to check-out, I would have walked over to a neighboring property (also a Marriott brand) and investigated what they had to offer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Katelyn M, Manager at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hello Malon R!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I am so glad it was a perfect place for your business trip. The home office is each of our suites offers flexiblity to spread your work out while still being comfortable. On your next trip feel free to visit the Bistro inside the neighbooring Courtyard by Marriott, they offer made to order breakfast sandwiches which could be a great compliment to our cereals and breads.

All the best,

Katelyn Mogle
Assistant General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The proximity to this small town of Buffalo is an added bonus to its amazing service & staff.
Jessica - Front desk supervisor, Gladis, Jillian, Tatiyana, Jessica - house keeping supervisor, are all wonderful. Breakfast is nothing to boast about but the rooms are equipped with full kitchens which is a blessing. A very quiet yet very busy property.

Room Tip: Anything on a higher floor with a view of the airport is great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kothari-NY
Dear Kothari-NY,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We were so happy to have you with us during your time here at the TownePlace, and all of our staff enjoyed having you here. Thank you for recognizing our team members who went above and beyond to make your stay extra special -- they were super excited to see their names mentioned on TripAdvisor! Both of the Jessicas, Gladys, Tatyana, and Jillian were thrilled when they saw your review come through, and it encouraged them to continue to offer even better guest service every day to each customer.

We are happy to have served you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Buffalo!

All my best,
~ Shelly
Buffalo
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

New hotel feel, clean modern decor. Great moderate price option conveniently across from the Buffalo airport. Just a basic breakfast offered, but that is not important to me. Shuttle was only a couple of minutes from hotel to the airport. They also offered a stay and park option that would save you some money if you are away for more than a week.

Had an issue with the heating unit in the room, not a big deal room was still warm but not hot like I wanted. I mentioned it to the front desk when checking out, and told them it should be looked at. The manager wrote me a personal email thanking me for brining this to their attention and assured me it was being fixed. Impressive!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jww1962
Jillian M, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hello Jww1962!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport. We always love receiving guest feedback! I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future! Once again thank you for staying with us!

Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I only stayed for 1 night, coming down from Niagara Falls and staying close to the airport for an early flight. The room size was perfect, the bed comfortable. I enjoyed the compact size of the suite which was perfect for 1 person. Had EVERYTHING you needed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jhead1951
Jillian M, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear jhead1951,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! I am thrilled you had such a positive experience! I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future! Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback!