“disappointed service - decent food”
Review of Johnny Rockets - CLOSED

Johnny Rockets
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Toronto, Canada
“disappointed service - decent food”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had never been to a Johnny Rockets outside of Florida and this place was a disappointment from the on-set.

Wednesday lunch (noon) and only 1 other table in the place being used should have been an indicator...regardless, we decided to give them a try.

Customer service was poor at best with the server more interested in playing with his cell phone versus working. We placed our order and waited no less than 20 minutes for our food to arrive.

No complaints about the food however it's difficult to expect "all you can eat free fries" when the order takes 15+ minutes to arrive.

Restaurant doesn't accept debit cards at all? Talk about a blast to the past....

With the competition that there was in this large mall, I would have thought a little more care and effort would have been made to provide decent, if not superior service to the few customers willing to eat there.

• Visited May 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Looks interesting but not worth going in”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I am a diner fan, and love the sixties theme of most of these places. Wanting to try a new location we popped into JR's for a snack. The food was bland and the place was almost empty with the manager spending most of his time leaning on the hand rail looking down to the next level of the mall. Lots more eating places in this huge mall.

• Visited February 2013
Guelph, Canada
“Are we boring you??”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We ate here with our little boys and felt like nobody cared that we were there. Service was mediocre. The food is just not that good. The onion rings....yuck! the fries taste frozen and come in super small quantities, soggy burgers, etc.
not going back!

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Nice decor but disappointing food”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

A nice mid 50's ambience welcomes you with a motivated team of waiters and waitresses. Service is pretty fast and courteous. However the food was disappointing. I ordered a Philly cheese steak sandwich with fries. The sandwich was so greasy that it was impossible to take it. It was falling apart with the leaking greasy juice. Fries were okay with free refill.
The bill was pretty expensive for what the sandwich you get. I suppose you pay more for the decor than for the quality of food in this case !
Despite a nice and quick service, I would have preferred to wait a bit more and get a better quality food in my plate. It will take a while before I come back to this restaurant unfortunately.

• Visited December 2012
“RUDE,INCOMPETENT STAFF!!!STAY AWAY!”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My sister and I came here during a recent trip from st.catharines,canada on a christmas shopping trip. Oh my god, horrible! First off not greeting at all taken to a booth seat which was not cleaned from last sitting, crumbs literally all over it. Elderly waiter had no patience no mannerisms greasy fries came, no napkins no forks had to wait to eat. Brought out the wrong dish and we noticed the table beside us had a wrong order as well! Also bill came to table without asking if we needed anything else. What a joke yhis place is. The waiter was ignorant hated this place honestly worst "dining" experience ever!! No lie!