“not just bad service, there was NO service”
Review of Polish Villa II

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Angola, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not just bad service, there was NO service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been in some really great restaurants and we've been in some really bad ones too, but we've never been in one with absolutely NO service until yesterday. We stopped in at Polish Village 2 in Cheektowaga. We walked in and there was a greeting desk. No one at it. No one at the bar, no waitresses running around, no one. There were about 15 customers in the dining room all eating and they had drinks etc, but there appeared to be no staff. We waited several minutes and a girl finally came and seated us. She pointed to a table and walked away. We waited and waited. No one We didn't even see anyone serving others. No one offered us a beverage, a menu or anything. After about 10min we left and went to the Town Shanty and had a decent lunch. Polish Village, how do you stay in business?

Unfortunately I can't comment on the food, value, cost or anything because we didn't get a chance to try any of it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cerberus_13

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Brunch!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is my sister's favorite restaurant. The brunch is fantastic with so many types of food to choose from. The desserts were wonderful especially the cheesecake. We were there for a family gathering and everyone enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2014
Williamsville, New York
“Good Polish food and dancing a plus.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good Polish and other foods. Great service and a nice atmosphere. Pierogies, sweet & sour cabbage and pork chops are good. Fish fry is also good eating. DJ and good music to dance to on Friday nites after 9 until 12. 50's thru 80's music. Nice dance floor. Good people all around. Go there for meeting new friends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Spikey116
Ranson, West Virginia
“Delish!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on a trip from Maryland to Niagara. We are from a Slovak family and wanted to try similar food that we make at home. We were very delighted at the excellent service and flavor. Next time we are up in the Buffalo area...we will definitely return.

1 Thank Caroanne42
Buffalo, New York
“A Mountain of Great Food at a Bargain Price”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I had driven past these two restaurants for years and the parking lots were always full. Now I know why. I was hungry and in the neighborhood on a Friday night (traditionally "Fish Fry" night in Buffalo) and stopped by for dinner. My only regret is that I didn't stop by sooner!

The menu is rather extensive. I had the most expensive dish on the menu, the Polish Platter. It consisted of two slices of rye bread and butter, a cup of potato soup, two 4 inch long pirogues (available filled with cheese, cabbage or potato), a cup of sweet and sour cabbage, two 4 inch links of Polish sausage (one fresh and one smoked), a cabbage roll as big as my fist and a 5 inch potato pancake with sour cream, all for the princely sum of $13.95! And it was all cooked to perfection. The crust on the pancake was crisp but not thick, the pirogues were tender and the sauce for the cabbage roll was flavorful but not overpowering.

I went to the restaurant on Union Rd. in Cheektowaga and it has only 21 tables so if you are planning to go for dinner, plan to get there a bit early (hours are 8 AM to 11 PM so lunch is another option). The average full meal on the menu seemed to cost between $8 and $10 for enough food that fully a third of the diners took leftovers with them when they went home. The Friday night when I dined there were 8 daily full dinner specials, including the Friday Fish Fry (that swamped the standard sized dinner plates), for $7.95 each.

So now I know why the place is always crowded! So if you like Polish or even Western/White Russian cuisine (the border between those two locales shifted every 10 years for centuries so there is a LOT of commonality in the food) I can not recommend a better place. Buffalo has a large contingent of Polish descent and obviously like what they get here. And I personally have been to both Poland and Western Russia and can certify that the food is both authentic as well as being great!

• Visited August 2013