“Not if you want a good night's sleep”

Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked on Hotwire for a Tuesday night figuring it wouldn’t be too busy. Turns out there was a severe storm earlier in the afternoon that shut down the airport and all the hotels were booked solid.

The location is good. Close enough to the airport but not so close that you hear every plane taking off.

The young man at the front desk was very friendly and professional. He smiled, looked me in the eye and referred to me by name several times. I am in the customer service industry and this is the type of employee companies want!

We ended up getting a room at the top of a busy stairwell. It blew my mind how loudly people were talking in the hallway even at 12:30am! This was not the hotel’s fault however the sound insulation in this hotel is VERY poor. More on that later.

When we walked in the room we noticed two things. First, there was no outside window - our view was of the hallway. Second, the telephone mesage light was flashing red. I called down to the desk and they told me they would “try” to shut it off. They didn’t and, since it was 24 inches from my face all night, it was one of the factors that led to a very poor sleep.

The bathroom smelled vaguely of urine and was in need of maintenance. The sealing around the tub looked like a poor patch job and the shower rod was coming away from the wall. We generally don’t take baths at most hotels but had we wanted to I’m not sure we could have as the tub was very low. The water pressure in the shower was INSANE! Because of the low tub height as soon as I turned on the jet engine of a shower head the shower curtains blew straight out of the tub and water went everywhere. I finally managed to wet the curtains enough and weigh them down so they stayed inside the tub. I also adjusted the head to a different flow setting which helped.

Around the corner from our room was the ice machine; which was used constantly. It was against the wall opposite the beds and woke us up several times throughout the nights and was our alarm clock early the next morning. In addition, every time one of the other guests in one of the adjacent rooms flushed their toilet or used their sink or shower it sounded like a plane taking off. Closing the door helped only a little.

Because of it’s location I might consider staying here again if I was guaranteed a corner room with an outside view. Otherwise - pass.

Room Tip: Most outside, corner rooms will be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dharmesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to a survey in regard to your recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you faced at the expense of the hotel. The building is 50 years old, when it was renovated years ago in order to become a hotel they had to build a hallway which is way there is no window in the entire building that looks outside. I hope you will give us a second chance to rectify the previous issues. I look forward to having you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

None of the exterior doors are locked despite the signs saying otherwise. Anyone can enter any part of the hotel at any time. My originally assigned room had a malfunctioning door handle and also had a strong cigarette smoke odor. They hesitated at switching my room but finally did. Breakfast never changed, same thing everyday.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to a survey in regard to your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience that you faced while staying with us. I will pass your comments along to the appropriate parties. I hope you will give us a second chance, and I look forward to having you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel with our Aeroplan points for one night to do some shopping. Our 9 year old daughter was hesitant about us going to a Best Western since she had recently seen one of those hotel investigative shows on TV with her Grandma. Well after checking in we went to our room and within 2 seconds my 9 year old points out a few stains on the bed covering. I was disgusted and really disappointed. I said let's get out of here. I had my wife and 2 daughters wait just inside the elevator lobby while I got our car. Turns out there were a couple of spiders dangling down from the ceiling which cemented our decision to just leave. Not sure if we were given an older room due to the reservation being done on points or if all the rooms were like that but I would not recommend staying here. Spend a couple of more bucks and go elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Cdpandfamily

Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to write a survey in regard to your recent visit to the Best Western Plus Galleria Inn and Suites. I apologize on behalf of the hotel for the inconvenience that you faced. Your feedback will be passed along to the appropriate parties, so that this will never happen again. I hope you give us a second chance to rectify the issue. I look forward to having you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

All was good except for the in -room a/c. Came on with a thud and blew very noisily. ALL NIGHT multiple times. Very good location but a little tricky getting too from the highway as there is not a direct exit to adjoining street. The staff that we encountered were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast items were fresh and the breakfast bar was well stocked.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Dan V

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to a survey in regard to your recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience faced. I hope you will give us a second chance to rectify these issues. I look forward to having you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel during the august long weekend.
During our stay, my father lost his walker and the hotel reception got right into the matter and found it a few hours later. We found the staff including those changing the linens to be helpful. I found the selection for the free breakfast to be good, except for the eggs.
Otherwise, the stay was good; you get what you paid for.

• Stayed: August 2014
Dharmesh P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a survey in regard to your recent stay. Its so nice to hear positive feedback about the staff. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to having you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here over a week while our son bowled in Junior Gold competition, and loved it! Our group got a great rate and really enjoyed the amenities here:mini flower garden, patio, outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, expanded breakfast, and laundry facilities too. Safe area. Close to excellent mall Walden Galleria, along with many popular restaurants and area attractions. Highly recommended! Only downfall was that they would not give us our Best Western rewards because we booked through hotels.com instead of their website; we did not know that made a difference so a bummer to lose credit for 8 nights of motel fees.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey in regard to your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Galleria Inn and Suites. We love to hear feedback especially positive, it is reassuring to know that we are providing quality customer service. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced due to the third party booking. We are unable to award the points because we don't know that rate that you pay with the third party. Please feel free to contact 1-800-western, corporate should be able to provide some kind of points to your account.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is a bit of a crapshoot. Definite pros and definite cons.

Booked our room directly with the hotel, reserving very specifically a 2-room king suite w. kitchen. We were handed keys to a one-room suite, no kitchen. Desk very quickly fixed the mistake, but frustrating to experience this when you book directly. Once we were in the right room, pleased to report it was spacious and very comfortable for a family.

Outdoor pool was quite nice; decent size and large deck area for catching rays. Indoor pool area needs a big upgrade, especially to air handling as first floor corridors and rooms near the pool absolutely stink of chlorine.

Breakfast was a cluster&%$#. FAR too small a service and seating area for the size of the hotel / number of guests. Constantly running out of food items, long lines to get at anything, long waits for seating. Easily need to double the size.

Location was good, convenient to major roads.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to a survey in regard to your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Galleria Inn and Suites. I would like to take the time to apologize for not meeting your expectations and for any inconvenience faced while staying with us. In regard to our breakfast area as Best Western standards we are required to seat 20 people. Are breakfast area seats 40, which doubles their standard. I hope in the future you'll give us a second chance to rectify the mistakes that were made.

Domineke Mathias

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Millennium Buffalo
#15 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport/Galleria Mall

Been to Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!