Booked on Hotwire for a Tuesday night figuring it wouldn’t be too busy. Turns out there was a severe storm earlier in the afternoon that shut down the airport and all the hotels were booked solid.
The location is good. Close enough to the airport but not so close that you hear every plane taking off.
The young man at the front desk was very friendly and professional. He smiled, looked me in the eye and referred to me by name several times. I am in the customer service industry and this is the type of employee companies want!
We ended up getting a room at the top of a busy stairwell. It blew my mind how loudly people were talking in the hallway even at 12:30am! This was not the hotel’s fault however the sound insulation in this hotel is VERY poor. More on that later.
When we walked in the room we noticed two things. First, there was no outside window - our view was of the hallway. Second, the telephone mesage light was flashing red. I called down to the desk and they told me they would “try” to shut it off. They didn’t and, since it was 24 inches from my face all night, it was one of the factors that led to a very poor sleep.
The bathroom smelled vaguely of urine and was in need of maintenance. The sealing around the tub looked like a poor patch job and the shower rod was coming away from the wall. We generally don’t take baths at most hotels but had we wanted to I’m not sure we could have as the tub was very low. The water pressure in the shower was INSANE! Because of the low tub height as soon as I turned on the jet engine of a shower head the shower curtains blew straight out of the tub and water went everywhere. I finally managed to wet the curtains enough and weigh them down so they stayed inside the tub. I also adjusted the head to a different flow setting which helped.
Around the corner from our room was the ice machine; which was used constantly. It was against the wall opposite the beds and woke us up several times throughout the nights and was our alarm clock early the next morning. In addition, every time one of the other guests in one of the adjacent rooms flushed their toilet or used their sink or shower it sounded like a plane taking off. Closing the door helped only a little.
Because of it’s location I might consider staying here again if I was guaranteed a corner room with an outside view. Otherwise - pass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Updated in Spring 2011. Just seven minutes to the Galleria Mall and centrally located between three major malls (only 15 minutes away). Plus only five minutes to downtown Buffalo and The First Niagara Center. Fifteen minutes from Ralph Wilson Stadium. Swimming pool is seasonal; open Memorial Day to Labor Day, dates subject to change. No charge for parking; bus parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Galleria Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Galleria Hotel Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Express Cheektowaga
- Holiday Inn Cheektowaga
- Cheektowaga Holiday Inn