“Near the airport and available with short notice”

Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed in late November 2013. This is a two story structure shaped in a rectangle with the open center area where the outdoor pool is located. My room was on the second floor on the back side away from the front. I was able to park by an entry door and had to travel up about a dozen steps to the second floor with my room overlooking the central court area. The entry door looked like it had a security card reader door opener but it was never on when I used it late at night and early in the morning. The entry door just appeared open all the time. Also it was apparent a lot of people smoke just outside the entry doors. The room card reader worked and the room was adequate and a good size. Furnishings were a little dated but fine for a business trip. There was a hot tub spa near the front check in area. I had thoughts of using it but when I walked to take a look at it, I had quite a long walk from the back plus I went by conference rooms with glass windows and sheer curtains. The rooms were being used and in the hallway a 'check in' table was set up and manned. The spa has clear windows with no sense of privacy and along with a 'cool long walk' to and from, I decided against using the spa due to these negatives. At check in, I was given a coupon for $6 off at the attached restaurant "Max's". I think the coupon was because I was a Priority Club member of the Holiday Inn hotel chains. I used it for breakfast the next day and had an good omelet and coffee. When getting ready to leave, they gave me a disposable travel cup to take coffee with me at no extra charge - which I thought was a nice touch. Overall it fit the bill. There maybe better choices but this worked for me for a short notice trip on a government rate.

Room Tip: If you're elderly or have trouble with stairs, specifically reserve a first floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chester A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Chester A,

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to know that you like our location and the service you received. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not up to the high standards we strive to reach and provide for our guests due to the spa layout. I appreciate your feedback, as it assists us in monitoring and ensuring we are providing our guests with the high quality service they deserve.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and we hope if you are ever in the area again, that you give us the chance to provide you a better accommodation.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Room was clean/comfortable and the location of the hotel was great for Black friday shopping being close to malls and other stores. Easy check-in and shopping flyers were available for boack friday shoppers. We did have a bit of a musty smell in the room when we arrived, but we were able to open the window a bit to air it out.

The restaurant was reasonably priced and the service was fairly good... We weren't thrilled with the food though, so we only ate there once.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is an ok hotel. Stay away from the entrances. The room we had stunk of smoke as everyone stood outside with the door open smoking.
The check in staff at the front desk when we arrived was far from helpful. We asked if they could suggest anywhere we could go locally to watch the hockey game and they just stared at us. Finally one of them gave us a list of restaurants in the area but couldn't come up with a name of anywhere to suggest. If you work at the front desk, you should be able to provide insight on where your guests can go when looking for a meal.
If I had to stay in that area again would I stay there, probably not - unless it was a great deal and there wasn't anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the doors...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
BUFIA_Mgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Loves2TravelMP,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It helps us to continue improving our service and quality for our extended family. It saddens me to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I do apologize behalf of our front desk, in which we failed you by not providing the level of service you so justly deserve. I have taken note regarding the entrances and will present this during our upcoming staff meeting. I do hope that you grant us the opportunity in the future to serve you again.

Have a great week,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This property is adjacent to the airport; super convenient for our one night stay the evening before our flight. Older property with updates...meant lots of meandering hallways and a good hike to the ice machine. Quick check in and check out; plenty of carts right at the front entrance.

Room was large, clean, and comfy, Enjoyed the fitness center/ jacuzzi (except for the cigarette butt some rude fool left there) No micro-frig in room, but there was a microwave in the lobby for guest use.

A restaurant is part of the property; a Denny's is next door. I walked tot he NOCO gas station out front, and ate the best fresh-carved roast beef sandwich I've had in years. Inside the gas station is a good selection of "make-a-meal" foods besides bad-for-you" snacks; the Charlie The Butcher is the purveyor offering the beef and turkeys on weck, large slices of pizza, and other decent fast,fresh, food options. The NOCO is also a great place to fill up that rental car before returning it.

We woke in the morning to find our flight cancelled, and appreciated the late 12 noon checkout. We had some time to buzz downtown to the Pierce-Arrow Auto Museum, and very happy we made the 15-minute trip in! Gorgeous car collection, with special attention to women drivers of the era when autos were new. I highly recommend this place for seniors and those with limited mobility, as it's wide aisles and places to sit for bit made the experience better for me.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, be sure to ask for a room that's close to an entrance door.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
BUFIA_Mgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear NewAARPmember,

WOW!!! Thank you so much for your great detailed review of our hotel and the surrounding area. After reading this review, I am ready for beef on weck from NOCO. It's great to hear that you were pleased with your time spent here in Buffalo. When your back in the area, make sure you stop by to see your home away from home.

Have a great evening,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here as Buffalo was sold out ahead of a Bills game. The rooms (we had 4 rooms in our group) had a "cheap cleaning product" odour that was a bit nasty. The rooms other than having flat screens, appear to be straight from the 1980s - the hallways sure are. Being situated at the end of a runway, the winds were just right to have planes taking off next to our window - starting at 6am - a less than fantastic wake-up. The location if you need to go the airport is great. While the rooms were satisfactory on the cleanliness front, it's a VERY basic hotel with no frills whatsoever. The newer hotels in the area are likely a better choice.

Room Tip: Get a room not on the airport side - east side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
BUFIA_Mgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Candvd,

Thank you for taking the time to writing a eye opening review. We appreciate a guest letting us know were we can improve in our service and quality of the hotel. I have noted the concerns addressed and will bring it to our upcoming meeting to address these items.

Thank you again for you review.

Have a great day,

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We hadn't booked or planned to stay at this hotel , but due to a problem with our plane United put us up in this hotel, after sitting at Buffalo airport all day due to a problem with the plane to say we were tired and upset would be an understatment,our plan's had been messed up,, but upon arrival we were told it was happy hour by the pool we were offered free drinks and BBQ Chicken Wings ,the manager even helped us up the stairs with our luggage , the rooms were VERY comfortable and we had a very enjoyable Dinner at the onsite restaraunt. of all the hotels we stayed on this trip this one was one of the best and it was all due to a problem with our plane
Would I stay at this hotel again MOST DEFINATLY but unfortunatly I don't think I will ever be at Buffalo Airport again, but if this Hotel and its Manager are the Standard at Holiday Inns I will be using Holiday Inns on my next trip instead of Choice Hotels ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rauchous

Thank you for taking the time to write a GREAT review!!! I am glad to see that you were pleased with the airlines chose of hotel for you. Also, glad that you were able to enjoy our guest reception that we host every Tuesday night. (Just in case you do make it back in the area!!!)

Thank you again!!! Have a great week,

Reviewed 13 September 2013

we were only there for about 8 hours just passing thru. it is right across the street from the airport in Buffalo and you can hear the planes in early morning I mean early like 5 am that was what I didn't like other than that it was on ok stay just to sleep on the way to Boston

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
BUFIA_Mgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Joanna P,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I see you encountered a issue due to the noise of the airport. I would like you to know that it's not a reoccurring issue. Anything before 5:45 am is a red-eye that needs to be in before regular scheduled flight at 6 am. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

We, the Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, hope to gain the opportunity to "WOW" you in the future.

Have a great week!!!