Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$169
Homewood
Comfort Suites Buffalo(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$82
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$66
SleepInn
US$147
US$147
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport(Cheektowaga)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$169
US$91
US$86
TownePlace Suites
All reviewsgas stationbuffalo international airportwould stay againniagara fallsshort staybed was very comfortablecoffee makerconvenient locationshuttle serviceflightjacuzzilaptopproximitycanadian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had the opportunity to stay here thanks to the winter blast that dumped about 2 feet of snow in less than a few hours. Needless to say, the proximity of this hotel to the airport (right by the entrance) certainly makes it handy - especially last minute when the flight gets cancelled. That said, this is a really nice hotel overall - great for meetings and the rooms are quite comfortable. Service was great - very helpful staff and they were smart enough to have three people checking folks in with the heavy rush of others with cancelled flights. Check in was fast and accurate. Room was well appointed and bed very comfortable and overall clean (in fact, looked like they'd just redone the bath).

Max's Restaurant attached is a pretty cool place - food is good and on par with value. Service there was great too - food portion on the generous side, fast and hot. Good considering they were quite full on a late Thursday night.

I'd definitely recommend this place if visiting and a good place for 'in the back pocket' should your flight be cancelled!!

Room Tip: Though I am sure they have one, I did not see an elevator to the 2nd floor - not a biggie unless you need it but if stairs are a problem, be sure to let them know.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Where do I start with this place, they did what it said on the box. Very helpful. Very clean and it even had a pool. The rooms had fridge microwave the man on the desk ordered our take out food that was delivered to our room. The transfer to and from the airport was fast and free.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed in late November 2013. This is a two story structure shaped in a rectangle with the open center area where the outdoor pool is located. My room was on the second floor on the back side away from the front. I was able to park by an entry door and had to travel up about a dozen steps to the second floor with my room overlooking the central court area. The entry door looked like it had a security card reader door opener but it was never on when I used it late at night and early in the morning. The entry door just appeared open all the time. Also it was apparent a lot of people smoke just outside the entry doors. The room card reader worked and the room was adequate and a good size. Furnishings were a little dated but fine for a business trip. There was a hot tub spa near the front check in area. I had thoughts of using it but when I walked to take a look at it, I had quite a long walk from the back plus I went by conference rooms with glass windows and sheer curtains. The rooms were being used and in the hallway a 'check in' table was set up and manned. The spa has clear windows with no sense of privacy and along with a 'cool long walk' to and from, I decided against using the spa due to these negatives. At check in, I was given a coupon for $6 off at the attached restaurant "Max's". I think the coupon was because I was a Priority Club member of the Holiday Inn hotel chains. I used it for breakfast the next day and had an good omelet and coffee. When getting ready to leave, they gave me a disposable travel cup to take coffee with me at no extra charge - which I thought was a nice touch. Overall it fit the bill. There maybe better choices but this worked for me for a short notice trip on a government rate.

Room Tip: If you're elderly or have trouble with stairs, specifically reserve a first floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chester A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Chester A,

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to know that you like our location and the service you received. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not up to the high standards we strive to reach and provide for our guests due to the spa layout. I appreciate your feedback, as it assists us in monitoring and ensuring we are providing our guests with the high quality service they deserve.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and we hope if you are ever in the area again, that you give us the chance to provide you a better accommodation.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Room was clean/comfortable and the location of the hotel was great for Black friday shopping being close to malls and other stores. Easy check-in and shopping flyers were available for boack friday shoppers. We did have a bit of a musty smell in the room when we arrived, but we were able to open the window a bit to air it out.

The restaurant was reasonably priced and the service was fairly good... We weren't thrilled with the food though, so we only ate there once.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is an ok hotel. Stay away from the entrances. The room we had stunk of smoke as everyone stood outside with the door open smoking.
The check in staff at the front desk when we arrived was far from helpful. We asked if they could suggest anywhere we could go locally to watch the hockey game and they just stared at us. Finally one of them gave us a list of restaurants in the area but couldn't come up with a name of anywhere to suggest. If you work at the front desk, you should be able to provide insight on where your guests can go when looking for a meal.
If I had to stay in that area again would I stay there, probably not - unless it was a great deal and there wasn't anywhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the doors...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
BUFIA_Mgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Loves2TravelMP,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It helps us to continue improving our service and quality for our extended family. It saddens me to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I do apologize behalf of our front desk, in which we failed you by not providing the level of service you so justly deserve. I have taken note regarding the entrances and will present this during our upcoming staff meeting. I do hope that you grant us the opportunity in the future to serve you again.

Have a great week,