“Nice rooms close to shopping”
Review of Millennium Buffalo

Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed again in November, we get the 2 double beds room, very spacious, and nicely decorated. Clean and large enough for 4 if needed. Except maybe 4 adults in those double beds!
We ate at the bar restaurant. We were like the only ones in the place. Food was good. and staff were friendly. Price was ok, average i guess. Lots of TV's to watch a game. Front desk staff could be a wee bit more cheerful, but maybe was just all business!
Pool is nice but no Hot Tub that i could find!

1  Thank Michele A
There are newer reviews for Millennium Buffalo

Reviewed 26 November 2013

we have used this stayover many times but we are so disappointed with the shuttle service that we are looking for other airport hotels! We sat outside the airport for 50 minutes waiting for the shuttle while other hotels had their vans go past us 2 and 3 times!
We used to love the service and lately it has been spiralling downward.
Many of my friends have been complaining about this fact too and so we have all decided to swtich.
A hotel is only good until SERVICE QUALITY IS LOWERED..no matter how good their prices may be!!!!!!!

Room Tip: upper floors are better as they don't have that old stale cigarette smell.
1  Thank Louiseoo7
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Upon arrival and at the check in, they upgraded our room to a deluxe. The original room was the traditional room for Canadian shoppers for $79 U.S. It was a spacious room with nice décor. However upon further, more detailed inspection, we found that it was slightly dirty around the wall trims etc. The bathroom looked nice and once again upon a closer look, it was actually quite old. The tub was really worn, the shower head was very old and I couldn't figure out how to turn the water on. I had to call my husband and he had to force the knob to turn. It was actually stuck.

The bed was comfortable but I am not sure if it was me or the bed, my skin was itchy all over the whole night so I couldn't fall asleep.

We walked around the hotel before checking out and realized that there were better rooms that faced the atrium of the hotel (where the pool is). The view is actually nicer and you can walk out to your balcony and sit there if you like.

It was overall a fair stay because it was so close to the Galleria Mall where we did our shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I agree with other reviewers, This hotel has an excellent location for shoppers, but it is long past it's prime. Millenium Hotels needs to put some money into upgrading the property. The bathrooms are so dated that they have the old, short toilets and low counter tops. I am less than 5' tall and I found them ridiculously low! Also, the bathroom vanity has no room at all to stow toiletries. Our amenities basket had three different brands, as if someone went to the dollar store and purchased a case of shampoo and another case of conditioner. That may be a little thing but it reflects the overall management. The bathroom needed a good scrub as there was dirty grout in the shower and mold or mildew on the ceiling tile. The shower pressure was poor, even though there was a shower massage head. Even the shower curtain was hung backwards! The beds could have been more comfortable and please,please lose the bedspreads and blankets. Good hotels no longer use them as people have become much more concerned about germs and bedbugs.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first. Room 215 has a less than spotless shower/bath.
1  Thank TorontoTraveller580
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here for a girls shopping trip. The rooms were sufficient although the beds were a little uncomfortable. Besides the odd drunken guest getting into the elevator with you. You can survive. The bathrooms are a little dated. The location is great the mall is just behind so it made it easier as we didn't have to navigate the streets. I would recommend this hotel but only for a short stay. It's a little pricey

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 November 2013

After reading the reviews on this site I was very nervous about my upcoming group trip to this hotel. I think travelers have gotten used to brand new modern rooms. I will be honest, the rooms are dated. But they are very, very clean. The beds were comfortable and the rooms are spacious. For being so dated I was worried about a possible smell. The rooms were fresh smelling not musty or damp at all. The water pressure in the shower was excellent! I loved how close the hotel was to the Walden Galleria. I really enjoyed my 3 day stay and would stay again. It isn't The Ritz so if you are expecting high end finishes and service, this is not a place for you. But if you want a clean place to sleep close to great shopping I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and really liked the location!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I hate it when old faithful hotels start going down hill. I love the Millennium, they have great deals, the staff is terrific, and its very convenient. Unfortunately, unless corporate starts putting a little money back into this property, it will steadily lose customers. I always book the tower rooms, but this time our room, 626, had terrible stains all over the carpets, from the doorway, all the way through the room. Red, like koolaid, or wine. In fact one chair was missing, I think it was so stained they took it out, leaving an entire corner of the room empty. The beds were also very hard.. On the other hand, the lounge was really nice, the bar food fantastic, and the service, as usual, very good. I will go back next year, and I would recommend this hotel to others, but I really hope they kick it up in the upkeep department. Also, I was surprised that there was no refrigerator in the room, although there was free coffee or tea in the room.

Room Tip: The tower rooms are much quieter than the other rooms, although if you have kids, the proximity to t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends