Millennium Buffalo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,265 results
All reviewsgreat ratenice poolniagara fallspark and flytwigsshuttlewalmarthighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently recommended this hotel for a shopping trip with friends! Spent the entire weekend apologizing for my poor choice in hotels. Yes the only thing this hotel has going for it is how close it is to the Walden Galleria. We were given room #152 first floor walking out to the atrium. First impression, Disgusting! Carpet had so many black stains on it, but the kicker was the huge red stains beside the bed and around the garbage can. There was so much dirt and filth around the roof air vent it probably didn't even work. The bathroom was horrible, cracks in the sink and tub, stains on the counter and black around the bottom of the toilet. There was black mold between the ceiling tiles. What looked like moth holes in the blankets on the bed. The furniture was old and scratched. I even broke out in a rash on my arms after being in the room for a few minutes. We complained and were moved to a room in the tower, which was better. Furniture was still outdated, but newer carpet and bathroom much cleaner. Was however awoken at 8:00 the next morning by noisy people talking outside my room, after a while went to tell them to be quiet, only to find five of the cleaning staff there having a gab fest. When told to please keep it down, was given dirty looks. I do not understand how this hotel gets away with the lack of maintenance and updating and quality, as it seems like an upscale hotel chain. My review, do not stay here! there are many other hotels in the area, try one of them first!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room in the Tower, do not get a room off the atrium!!! Gross!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years but don't remember it being in the condition it was or I would not have returned. I was given a first floor courtyard room with 2 king beds. Very impressed with the 2 kings until I got to the room. Every piece of Furniture including the lamps and clock looked like it was from the 80s. Was wiling to live with that until I looked up at the air vent which was disgusting. Streaks of dirt below it. I returned to the front desk asking for another room and they were very accommodating and pleasant. Gave me keys to several other rooms on the 1st floor which I could have a look at before moving. They were no better and the staff was more than willing to give me keys to a 2nd floor courtyard room to have a look at. It was in a little better condition and obvious that some of the furniture had been replaced over the years. Newer lamps, clock, desk, dresser. Still very poorly maintained though. Very dirty grout or none at all around tub. Tub old and dirty looking Dirty blow dryer with pieces missing. Glass rings on bathroom counter. Dirty mirror frame. squeaky and uncomfortable bed. Stained carpet. The staff did tell me that the hotel is going to be undergoing a renovation and that the courtyard rooms get a lot more use then the ones in their main tower so they are in a little worse condition. I have never stayed in the main tower so I can't comment on those rooms. Regardless though, there is no excuse for the dirt on top of the blow dryer and other places That's just bad housekeeping and maintenance. Last year, I had recommended the hotel to a coworker as my past experience was nothing like this. She came back complaining about the same thing and i thought she was being picky. Now I understand. Unless the hotel does undergo this reno, I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was the worst hotel stay that I've ever had- needed somewhere to stay for one night close to the airport- It is the dirtiest hotel that I've ever seen- I couldn't wait to check out. The room was dank and dirty, nothing felt clean in the room. Carpet was filthy and needed replacing. The exterior walls of the hotel needed cleaning and were poorly maintained. The staff attitude pretty much reflected the environment that they worked in. The only person who was friendly was the shuttle driver. The hotel's proximity to the Walden Galleria was the only plus for this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are convenient as they have 2 entrance doors and convenient to parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Bathroom sink drain mostly clogged.
Shower drain mostly clogged.
Pillows flat, flat.
A little maintenance can go a long way...HELLO!!??
Just because the Millennium is right beside the Walden Galleria Mall, it doesn't get a free pass for lack of easy maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Don't listen to the bad reviews. Some people have ridiculously high standards. We stayed here for 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised. We were expecting way worse after reading the reviews. We stayed in the superior room. When we first got there, we were impressed by the lobby. It was big and very nice looking, not dingy at all. Check in was fast and the girl at the front desk was very friendly, she let us check in 3 hours early. The elevators were super modern and really fast! Next we got to our room. It was very spacious and clean. We had a flat screen tv with cable, a pretty comfortable king size bed, nice big windows and a clean bathroom. The free wi-fi was great! Usually hotel wi-fi can be slow and troublesome but i had no problems with the internet. Breakfast was included with our room and it was the only thing that i wasn't pleased with. It wasn't good but it's fine considering it was free. The location is perfect if you come to Buffalo to shop. It is literally a 3 minute walk to the Walden Galleria and across the street from the K-Mart. Overall it did just fine for a 2 night stay. I don't understand all of the negative reviews. Of course it wasn't the Ritz but it was decent. Don't let the bad reviews scare you away.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room, it's a little extra but you get cable, king size bed and it's a bit more spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple