“Bad service”

Millennium Buffalo
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
“Bad service”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Check out is at 11am and breakfast is served till 11am. We went to breakfast by 9:30 and were told that breakfast was closed early because there is a private buffet event at the hotel.

We were not given any advance notification regarding early closure. We went back to our rooms and ordered from room service. An hour later, we called room service to ask why breakfast had not arrived. They said the kitchen is backed up because of the private event in the hotel and that delivery would be delayed.

We were hungry and frustrated. We had been delayed by atleast two hours.

Also, there were wierd pink stains on the carpet and bedsheets. Will never return or recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Hanover, on
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights May 9th and 10th. We had our room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool and atrium. We really liked this hotel. Rooms are nothing fancy but they were clean and comfortable. Price was fair, Service was good and the location was great. Close to shopping and restaurants and the sights we were in Buffalo to see. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: if you have kids request rooms on the 1st or second floor facing the atrium/pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bennybs
ontario, canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went for a quick weekend get away. Nice hotel with king bed and 42 inch tv. great location..close to shopping and restaurants. easy on and off highway. quick check in. would stay again...lots of free parking

Room Tip: stay on an upper floor
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed at the Millennium in Buffalo as part of a park sleep and fly package on May 5th 2014. We travelled from the GTA and arrived late in the evening. Check-in was quick and painless. The room is nothing special however it was both clean and comfortable. Our flight out was early the next morning so we didn't do anything at the hotel but sleep. We did take a look at the very nice indoor pool area and if we'd have had time I know our kids would have enjoyed a swim. Free wifi was used and appreciated. We had no problems with the prompt and courteous shuttle to and from the airport. For less than the cost to park for the week at Pearson we had a room night, weeks parking and a less stressful start to our vacation. Our visit to the Millennium bookended a very fun family vacation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently recommended this hotel for a shopping trip with friends! Spent the entire weekend apologizing for my poor choice in hotels. Yes the only thing this hotel has going for it is how close it is to the Walden Galleria. We were given room #152 first floor walking out to the atrium. First impression, Disgusting! Carpet had so many black stains on it, but the kicker was the huge red stains beside the bed and around the garbage can. There was so much dirt and filth around the roof air vent it probably didn't even work. The bathroom was horrible, cracks in the sink and tub, stains on the counter and black around the bottom of the toilet. There was black mold between the ceiling tiles. What looked like moth holes in the blankets on the bed. The furniture was old and scratched. I even broke out in a rash on my arms after being in the room for a few minutes. We complained and were moved to a room in the tower, which was better. Furniture was still outdated, but newer carpet and bathroom much cleaner. Was however awoken at 8:00 the next morning by noisy people talking outside my room, after a while went to tell them to be quiet, only to find five of the cleaning staff there having a gab fest. When told to please keep it down, was given dirty looks. I do not understand how this hotel gets away with the lack of maintenance and updating and quality, as it seems like an upscale hotel chain. My review, do not stay here! there are many other hotels in the area, try one of them first!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room in the Tower, do not get a room off the atrium!!! Gross!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Cheektowaga hotels

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years but don't remember it being in the condition it was or I would not have returned. I was given a first floor courtyard room with 2 king beds. Very impressed with the 2 kings until I got to the room. Every piece of Furniture including the lamps and clock looked like it was from the 80s. Was wiling to live with that until I looked up at the air vent which was disgusting. Streaks of dirt below it. I returned to the front desk asking for another room and they were very accommodating and pleasant. Gave me keys to several other rooms on the 1st floor which I could have a look at before moving. They were no better and the staff was more than willing to give me keys to a 2nd floor courtyard room to have a look at. It was in a little better condition and obvious that some of the furniture had been replaced over the years. Newer lamps, clock, desk, dresser. Still very poorly maintained though. Very dirty grout or none at all around tub. Tub old and dirty looking Dirty blow dryer with pieces missing. Glass rings on bathroom counter. Dirty mirror frame. squeaky and uncomfortable bed. Stained carpet. The staff did tell me that the hotel is going to be undergoing a renovation and that the courtyard rooms get a lot more use then the ones in their main tower so they are in a little worse condition. I have never stayed in the main tower so I can't comment on those rooms. Regardless though, there is no excuse for the dirt on top of the blow dryer and other places That's just bad housekeeping and maintenance. Last year, I had recommended the hotel to a coworker as my past experience was nothing like this. She came back complaining about the same thing and i thought she was being picky. Now I understand. Unless the hotel does undergo this reno, I won't be staying there again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was the worst hotel stay that I've ever had- needed somewhere to stay for one night close to the airport- It is the dirtiest hotel that I've ever seen- I couldn't wait to check out. The room was dank and dirty, nothing felt clean in the room. Carpet was filthy and needed replacing. The exterior walls of the hotel needed cleaning and were poorly maintained. The staff attitude pretty much reflected the environment that they worked in. The only person who was friendly was the shuttle driver. The hotel's proximity to the Walden Galleria was the only plus for this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are convenient as they have 2 entrance doors and convenient to parking lot.