“Only Okay.”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cheektowaga
Simcoe, Ontario
“Only Okay.”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My family stayed at this hotel for one night before a flight out of the Buffalo airport. We weren't expecting much for an airport hotel, but this one seemed a little below average when I first walked into the lobby. We arrived around 8:30 pm and even though there was only one guest in front of me in line, I still had to wait almost 15 minutes to begin the check-in process. The front desk clerk continued to answer the phone as he was checking me in which made the whole process take even longer. Also, even though I explained to him that our flight out the next morning was a surprise to my children, he still asked me what time our flight departed right in front of my son. I had to ask him again to please be discreet.

The lobby was only okay. It really isn't much to look at and I was surprised as to how many times I slipped and almost fell going in and out the front door. Yes, they had a "Caution - wet floor" sign, but it was like ice and they weren't bothering to keep it clean.

The room was quite small, but other than this I had no complaints about the accommodations.

We ate our breakfast the next morning, and while it was only mediocre, it was free after all. I was expecting a full breakfast available early in the morning, since that it what my travel agent had hinted was offered; however, they only offer very limited items until 6:30 am.

Overall, I would say that this hotel is alright for quick overnight stays, but I'm sure there are better quality hotels nearby that charge the same room rates.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I would like to apologize for the wait at check in as well as not being discreet enough of the surprise that you had in store for your family.
I apologize for you almost falling in our lobby. There has been a lot of snow in Buffalo recently, especially by us at the airport, and in turn there is a lot of salt that is placed on our roads and with basic foot traffic there is a lot of salt that gets walked into our hotel. It does make our floors slippery and I assure you that we do mop our lobby floors many times a day because of it. That is also why we have our slippery when wet signs up to let people know that it can get quite slippery.
I am glad that you enjoyed your room and also our breakfast. I hope that you do come back to our hotel again and give us another chance in the future.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the sleep inn for a 2nd time. We choose the sleep inn because of its great airport park and stay rates. We had requested connecting rooms when we arrived we were told we couldn't have our request because we had 2 double rooms but they had no problem changing one room to a king to connect with a double :) much appreciated. The front desk was very helpfull when it came to ordering take out for dinner I needed a number to call they even offered to place the order for me. The rooms were clean, quiet we even enjoyed the spa. Check out was quick our shuttle to airport was ok. After our flight we had a slight hiccup leaving our parking voucher wouldn't let us leave the manager quickly responded and came to our aid and got us out no problem. Look forward to staying again on any future trips.

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel. We appreciate that you chose to come back and stay with us for another park and fly trip. Our staff will help as much as they are able to as you had happen on your stay. I am glad that you will continue to stay with us again in the future, we look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

St. Thomas, ON
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here using the Park, Sleep, Fly deal. Front desk staff were friendly. Car park was across the road (the hotel rents part of the airport parking lot - secure and convenient), a shuttle bus followed us and drove us back across the road to the hotel. Room was cold when we entered, so we turned the heat on, it took a while to get to a comfortable temperature. The bathroom consisted of a shower and toilet, the sink was in the bedroom. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Bed was okay, not the best mattress in the world, but not the worst either. The heater was very noisy, keeping us up most of the night. You could hear planes in the distance, but it certainly wasn't bothersome. Wake up call was on time. The rooms seem to have been painted and updated, but look worn here and there. Hallways were a bit dark and drab. We didn't have a chance to try the breakfast so can't comment on that.
All in all, just okay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed using our park and fly program. I am happy that you found your car safe and secure while you were gone for your trip. I hope that you come back and stay with us again in the future for your park and fly needs.

Wind Gap, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I am a Diamond Elite member. I stay at this hotel while working a long term job assignment in Buffalo; typically I am there most weeks three nights per week. Wihout exception, the rooms have been clean and well cared for. The desk staff has been excellent; and they have all treated me like gold. When the odd room maintenance issues have come up, those issues were taken care of quickly and well. I happened to be there for the blizzard that hit Buffalo a couple of weeks ago; I was greatly impressed with how the hotel staff kept up their superior service, cleanliness, etc. while coping with the effects of that storm. I have stayed at a couple of other hotels in the Buffalo area for the same business reason; those hotels in comparison left something to be desired. I appreciate the great service and attention to cleanliness I have experienced at this hotel. For however long my job assignment lasts, I intend to continue staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John M
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your compliments on our hotel. We appreciate you as a guest and am glad that you always choose to stay with us. No matter the conditions outside we stay on top of things in our hotel. Again, thank you and we hope to see you in the future.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We crossed the border for a early flight and decided to stay at this hotel as they have the park and fly deal which I have reserved using my AMEX.
Extended family was travelling with us and had a separate room which they paid as soon as they got at the hotel with a Visa Card.
After the trip I checked my statement and there was a charge for both rooms. After many calls and a confirmation from one of the hotel workers that there was indeed a double charge, they keep trying to convince us that it was only an authorization which is not correct as I just paid interested on it. It was charged in the card.
Funny that the manager never bothers to speak to us in the phone and keep letting their incompetent staff giving us the run around.
So a CC dispute was filled so I can get the money back.
I also want to mention that the day we arrived, our room was disgusting. There was hairs all over the bed and a very gross blood stain in the middle of the bed. We called down and they said it would take another 30 minutes to be able to send someone to clean and asked if we wanted to go down to pick new linens. wow!
After a second call they decided to give us a clean room.
Terrible establishment.

Room Tip: Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Cristiano S
Sleepinn_ny609, Manager at Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Management and staff of the Sleep Inn & Suites would like to apologize for an inconvenience to the transaction that has been made on this guest Card . After further review the Authorization that has been held against guest Credit Card was done by their own Bank and held by their own Bank.
Communication part was never broken down , every time when guest called to express their concern about the issue with their Bank statement Manager on duty was helping and answering questions. One of the Manager suggested to the guest to have their Bank call Sleep Inn Management directly to confirm that the charged that they see on their own on-line Banking it's Authorization that has been held again by their own Bank.

Also after further review with the Staff of the Sleep Inn this particular guest has never brought to our attention the condition of the room but in their statement guest had expressed that had to be moved to the different room. After further investigation that never had happened and complain was never received during their stay.

I as a manager of the Sleep Inn & Suites sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the way the guest Bank operates , but unfortunately this is out our hands . As far as second complain that was made about the room condition and staff I wish the guest would bring it to my attention before they leave so we would have a chance to fix the issue and make sure they had pleasant stay.
NY
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times. Whenever we fly anywhere, we stay here because the park n fly option is such a great value. The staff has always been very accommodating and friendly. One particular time, our flight got in well after midnight. We used the reverse park n fly so when I called for a shuttle pickup to the hotel, they arrived to pick us up within 5 minutes. The drivers are always friendly as the rest of the staff. On a different occasion, I was unable to find a room online, called the hotel direct and they were able to shift things around to accommodate me. There was an error on my bill, had to speak with a manager, who was not in. She did call me and corrected it right away though. Breakfast is very good, nice selection, enough seating. Rooms are average for this price range. Would definitely recommend this for anyone.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us and we are glad your stay was pleasent. I hope we can see you soon here at Sleep Inn .

Thank you again we do appriciate your feedback at all time.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We chose the Sleep Inn and Suites and their Park, Sleep, Fly package. The hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Considering it is right in front of the airport, it was very quiet for sleeping. The shuttle service both to and from the airport was excellent and we were pleased to not have to wait as long as other hotel shuttle passengers at the airport. We would definitely use this hotel and service again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much choosing our Hotel to stay with us we do appreciate the Business!

Thank you for feedback , your opinion and suggestion are always valuable to us!