“Very fresh. very well prepared. phenomenal service!”

Rose & Kettle Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I frequent the Rose and Kettle whenever we can get a babysitter. The food is always beyond our expectations! The staff is friendly, fun and awesome! The decor is very warm and inviting, you feel like you're in your own home! Chef Begley is known to cook up some very enticing meals (personally, i've enjoyed his tasty cuisine for well over a decade). He never disappoints when we go to the Rose and Kettle! My Wife has a gluten sensitivity, and the staff was very accommodating to her needs.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

... they would make twice as much money with the after opera crowd! One of the few place where you can get a bite form a limited late night menu but they make you wait for your drinks! Their normal menu is very good, the building and porch most charming and the scene is great...

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This past weekend I had a wonderful meal with friends at this cosy country restaurant. The menu is a very eclectic from crab cakes to samosas to fish and chips but everything is well done. We ordered a variety of menu items so I was able to taste a number of dishes. All were well cooked and each had a distinct taste. The bread served as a starter was excellent with a crunchy crust and airy inside. For appetizers, the samosas were excellent with a spicy hot chutney which brought out the Indian flavors.The rosemary flatbread with carmelized onions and arugula had and entirely different flavor but was excellent as well. I often try my comfort foods in restaurants figuring that I will have something to compare so I ordered the Fish and Chips which was very tasty. The chips were long thin slices of potatoes which were well cooked and the pan seared cod was not breaded but cooked just right. Definitely the only time I have had fish and chips with the fish not breaded. An nice improvement I think. One of my companions had the mussels in tomato broth which was yet another flavor that was done to perfection. There was a nice wine list and the Pinot Noir we had was very good. Prices were reasonable. The service was good. The Rose and Kettle is on my list of favorite restaurants.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a real find; the food is fantastic. They are one of the few places that stay open late at night because many of the Glimmerglass Opera cast go there after their evening performances! Definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We get here once a year during our vacation. Last year had a lovely dinner and this year it was even better. Service is nice, pleasant and not pushy. Food is great. We started with a special summer squash hot soup wth a medium spiciness which was just wonderful and would be better with some yogurt on top. The fish and chips is pan seared wonderful cod and great hand cut fries. The salmon special was lovely with a thin coating of wasabi and a wonderful accompanying crunchy sweet and sour salad. The sorbets were sublime as was the creme brulee. Now if we could only come here more than once a year!!!