“One of our favorite restaurants.”

Rose & Kettle Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We go to the Rose & Kettle restaurant for birthdays, anniversaries, with friends or just by ourselves. It has a very comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. We have always found the food to be predictably good. They have wonderful pasta dishes. Salads are fresh and delicious. We love the hanger steak. And deserts are a real treat.

1  Thank Kathy M

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had dinner with four friends, and the atmosphere was wonderful. We bumped into many friends while there. The service is very helpful. I ordered my usual risotto filled with delicious veggies. It is always superb and this time it was all the more so. For dessert my husband and I shared a creme brule, which was fantastic.
I also had a glass Pinot Grigio from Chile at $5. a glass, and found it most delicious.
We stayed late, and no one rushed us out. Lovely evening.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

In a little town but the food was out of this world! Best place to go! Outside of the hustle and bustle of Cooperstown but worth the drive

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I frequent the Rose and Kettle whenever we can get a babysitter. The food is always beyond our expectations! The staff is friendly, fun and awesome! The decor is very warm and inviting, you feel like you're in your own home! Chef Begley is known to cook up some very enticing meals (personally, i've enjoyed his tasty cuisine for well over a decade). He never disappoints when we go to the Rose and Kettle! My Wife has a gluten sensitivity, and the staff was very accommodating to her needs.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

... they would make twice as much money with the after opera crowd! One of the few place where you can get a bite form a limited late night menu but they make you wait for your drinks! Their normal menu is very good, the building and porch most charming and the scene is great...