Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
US$157
Hotels.com
US$169
US$105
Americas Best Value Inn(Central Valley)
US$122
Travelocity
US$251
US$225
All reviewspancake machinewest pointfront deskseveral fast food restaurantshudson valleyhot tubstay there againthe general managerroom was spaciousgood sizenice breakfastbusiness centercomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationsugar loafnew yorkwedding
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After a long delayed flight and a harrowing 2 hour taxi ride we arrived at nearly 4 am at the holiday inn express in Chester ny. The associate on duty, Lauren was efficient and got us in and settled quickly bat 4 am after traveling 24 hours from Central America. There is nothing to complain about when you gave a bed waiting the next morning however is a different story. Or perhaps later the same morning is a better way to express it

We could barely sleep because it was so cold and no efforts to adjust thermostat worked. At 5 am we just huddled in a blanket and fell unto an exhausted stupor. Around 930 we woke to get ready for breakfast and I discovered no hot water. This is a rough first day no breakfast was okay food wise but the surly associate in charge was neither friendly nor helpful. To my query as to the availability of hot cocoa she merely sneered and said not in this season

Ok no problem we are from a country where we drink hot chocolate daily in 90 degree heat. But no problem just say we don’t have it!

I've attached pictures of the dirty worn room condition. All being said I extended two nights BECAUSE Lauren and Morris at the desk were both so polite and helpful I couldn't help but overlook the physical shortcomings.

You must improve the condition of this hotel or you will squander the good effects of these fine individuals who represent you so well Kudos to the front office team, you should make the owners and the Hoiday Inn family very proud!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Irene V
Jayson R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Irene V,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. We would like to personally thank you for the kind words for our team. We will pass your comments along and acknowledge their hard work and reward them for being helpful through your stay. I will personally review your comments and take actions going forward to correcting the issues you have identified. I would like to personally invite you back to the hotel please contact me directly.

845.469.3000

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spur of the moment trip to see relative in nearby Warwick. This hotel a convenient location just off of Rte 17. A wedding bus and its party blocked our way into check-in without any apologies from the people or the hotel. Room average for cost. Dissappointing tub "stopper" not working. Parking also less than ideal. Hotel near a few eateries, but we desired to go to Warwick for dinner. Next trip to Warwick I would plan further ahead and do a B & B in beautiful Warwick instead

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Willisdds
Jayson R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Willisdds,
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You for choosing the Holiday Inn Express. Warwick is one of my favorite areas to visit within a short distance from our hotel. I would like to personally apologize for the wedding buses blocking the hotel entrance. We will talk to future wedding parties and coordinate a better pick up and drop off location going forward. We look forward to your future visit to the area.

845.469.3000

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I celebrated my daughters 12 bday at HolidayInn Express in Chester All the kids have a great time at the clean pool. All the host at the desk were exceptional courtesy and professional. Definitely well recommend my friends and family. Oh the breakfast was fantastic!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Brian C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Becky20432,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. I would like to congratulate your daughter on her 12th Birthday once again. We enjoyed having your family stay with us and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

A great inexpensive hotel for a quick overnight stay. The free breakfast was pretty good too. Room was larger than expected and a nice heated Indoor pool. Also right next to route17 so covenient if you are travi g throught. Several restaurants nearby. Try it you will like it

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Del1_11,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our rooms being larger than expected and our guest favorite our heated indoor pool. Many restaurants in the area such as Lobster Pier and Christopher's Bistro. We look forward to your future stay with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I booked through Hotwire.com and just left a review there as well! I NEVER leave reviews but I felt this hotel needed commendation! Upon arrival after a 13hr drive with 2 children and a husband, I was exhausted. They allowed early check in and they were extremely friendly. I booked 5 nights at this hotel and EVERY DAY was an even better experience. EVERYONE I encountered had smiles on their faces. Not only was the breakfast delicious and stocked full of hot and cold foods, the lady working was just LOVELY. She started our day off right with a smile and warm affectionate greetings!!! I can't say enough about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. The reason I take the time to write this review is because as I was visiting MANY family members around the area, I used your hotel as a central location. It was SO EASY to access the 422 to go either direction. HOWEVER, when family would ask where I was staying, each time they had the same concerned face when I said Chester. Since I am not familiar with the area there is apparently an area of Chester for concern. I want to REASSURE anyone and everyone that this hotel is in a SAFE area and right in the Friendly's parking lot and Wal-Mart Parking lot. I never felt anything but safe!!! THANK YOU AGAIN for a VERY PLEASANT vacation in PA !!!

Room Tip: I would recommend our room to everyone. We were greeted with the rising sun each morning and over looked the river running in front of us!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Honeymooner1978,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Chester, NY. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our staff being friendly and yes i must agree that the Chester area is very safe. I will pass your comments to our breakfast staff and acknowledge their hard work. Look forward to your future stay with us.