Friends Lake Inn
Gore Mountain Lodge(North Creek)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$165
Hotels.com
Excellent 5/5
The Alpine Lodge(North Creek)(Great Value!)
US$176
Hotwire.com
Very Good 4/5
The Sagamore Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$248
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$80
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Melody Manor Resort(Bolton Landing)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewswine cellarfriends lakecommon roomsleigh ridetop notchget awaythe entire staffpork chopchocolate chip cookiesthe main dining roomrestaurant staffsteam showergreat weekendcurrent ownersbed and breakfastlook forwardscreened porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The staff really make the experience at Friends Lake great. They seemed genuinely happy to see guests. The room was traditional but not old feeling.

Our dinner was phenomenal, and I will likely dream of the key lime cheesecake for years!

We had a nice paddle on Friends Lake, it is beautiful and we even saw two loons.

Room Tip: Room 7 has a view of the lake, private screened porch and a steam shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LPOtto
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We spent an anniversary weekend here recently. The friends Lake Inn is a very special hideaway. The meals were 4 star, and our room accommodations could not have been more inviting,comfortable and charming. And a very special thanks to all the staff who could not have been kinder when we experienced a health related issue. With our deep appreciation and with plans to return! Veronica and Louis

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veronique T
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband whisked me away for an overnight and it was marvelous. We stayed in the River Rock room and everything was exactly what I had hoped for. The room was cozy, the fireplace was ready for fire. They gave you some CDs and a CD player. There was a common room with games and a fridge stocked for the taking. The grounds were immaculate and inviting. Everyone was friendly and genuine! It felt very much like home, freedom to roam and do as you please without restriction. The martinis was healthy and the menu was interesting and well done. Our service was a slow for a slow night which was disappointing but I had no other place I wanted to be then there with my husband. So we just drank and waited for the food. I didn't care for the cider mussels as much as I wanted to but the steaks were phenominal. Food good- wine better! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: River rock has a great view and is comfy!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank goldsoul
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This place is the closest thing to perfect I have ever found in Upstate NY.

1. Each room is distinctive, mine was quiet and comfortable, and I recommend getting one with steam shower and/or hot tub. (If you need a TV let them know in advance some rooms have some do not).
2. Cross-country skiing and snow shoe trails have something for all skill levels.
3. Food is five-star and so is the service that comes with it.
4. Overall service is attentive, friendly, and I think psychic I felt like they were one step ahead of me all the time.
5. Wine selection is amazing (go downstairs and check out wine room and store) great selections very reasonably priced.
6. Nice wine bar and wide selection of other libations.

Other things; close to Gore Mountain, 30 min or less to Lake George, 45 minutes to Lake Placid.

Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank fourbirds_11
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Friends Lake Inn a number of times and consider it one of our favorite places in the Adirondacks. This year we decided to stay for my birthday and took a scenic ride in a helicopter. The staff was friendly and most gracious. My husband had some dietary issues and each meal was served with those considerations in mind.Each meal was wonderful complemented by the wait staff and wonderful surroundings. Our room was comfortable and had all the amenities we wanted: wonderful view, a comfortable bed, sitting area, and lovely bathroom with a steam shower and jacuzzi. They also have impressive wine cellar and wine selection.The staff is knowledgeable about wines help helps you select just the right one for your meal. We'll be back that's for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple