“the best”
Review of Friends Lake Inn

Friends Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have been guest at the inn 8-10 times a year for the past 4 years, the food, the staff and rooms are wonderful. As a foodie, chef matt and chef scott execute the menu without fail. We have enjoyed many wine diners and weekend getaways and have never been disappointed . Love spending time at the inn!! What a great spot!!

Room Tip: So close to Saratoga, Lake George, ski resorts it's so worth going any time of the year!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian F

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The staff really make the experience at Friends Lake great. They seemed genuinely happy to see guests. The room was traditional but not old feeling.

Our dinner was phenomenal, and I will likely dream of the key lime cheesecake for years!

We had a nice paddle on Friends Lake, it is beautiful and we even saw two loons.

Room Tip: Room 7 has a view of the lake, private screened porch and a steam shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LPOtto
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We spent an anniversary weekend here recently. The friends Lake Inn is a very special hideaway. The meals were 4 star, and our room accommodations could not have been more inviting,comfortable and charming. And a very special thanks to all the staff who could not have been kinder when we experienced a health related issue. With our deep appreciation and with plans to return! Veronica and Louis

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veronique T
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband whisked me away for an overnight and it was marvelous. We stayed in the River Rock room and everything was exactly what I had hoped for. The room was cozy, the fireplace was ready for fire. They gave you some CDs and a CD player. There was a common room with games and a fridge stocked for the taking. The grounds were immaculate and inviting. Everyone was friendly and genuine! It felt very much like home, freedom to roam and do as you please without restriction. The martinis was healthy and the menu was interesting and well done. Our service was a slow for a slow night which was disappointing but I had no other place I wanted to be then there with my husband. So we just drank and waited for the food. I didn't care for the cider mussels as much as I wanted to but the steaks were phenominal. Food good- wine better! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: River rock has a great view and is comfy!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank goldsoul
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This place is the closest thing to perfect I have ever found in Upstate NY.

1. Each room is distinctive, mine was quiet and comfortable, and I recommend getting one with steam shower and/or hot tub. (If you need a TV let them know in advance some rooms have some do not).
2. Cross-country skiing and snow shoe trails have something for all skill levels.
3. Food is five-star and so is the service that comes with it.
4. Overall service is attentive, friendly, and I think psychic I felt like they were one step ahead of me all the time.
5. Wine selection is amazing (go downstairs and check out wine room and store) great selections very reasonably priced.
6. Nice wine bar and wide selection of other libations.

Other things; close to Gore Mountain, 30 min or less to Lake George, 45 minutes to Lake Placid.

Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank fourbirds_11
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Friends Lake Inn a number of times and consider it one of our favorite places in the Adirondacks. This year we decided to stay for my birthday and took a scenic ride in a helicopter. The staff was friendly and most gracious. My husband had some dietary issues and each meal was served with those considerations in mind.Each meal was wonderful complemented by the wait staff and wonderful surroundings. Our room was comfortable and had all the amenities we wanted: wonderful view, a comfortable bed, sitting area, and lovely bathroom with a steam shower and jacuzzi. They also have impressive wine cellar and wine selection.The staff is knowledgeable about wines help helps you select just the right one for your meal. We'll be back that's for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary V
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My family and I have eaten here regularly since 1985. We love this place and it continues to please so many years later! Not far from Gore mountain and near all of the amazing hiking and lake fun of the Adirondacks. The crepe with lobster and scallops with a buerre blanc sauce is one of my favorite apps anywhere in the world! Just love it. The wine list is most definitely the best in upstate NY. A binder of pages and pages of the best wines in the world. This place is just the best!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank SiriusSkier23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
The Alpine Lodge
#1 of 1 in Chestertown
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Friends Lake Inn? Share your experiences!