“Great Food, Super Staff, Friendly & Professional”
Review of Friends Lake Inn

Friends Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Chestertown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2007

This is a first class operation. The service is top notch - friendly, professional and knowledgable. The food is just wonderful and the wait staff is the best I've encountered - ever. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank chicagogirl7000

Reviewed 20 April 2006

I had originally booked this "mini vacation" for my husband and myself as a Christmas present for my husband (of course, me too) and, to my surprise, realized I had a coupon that I could use to deduct a substantial amount from the price of the room. I contacted the inn to find out if it was applicable and, to my surprise, found out that the publication where the coupon came from, had erroneously printed the coupon. But, the innkeepers, who are both wonderful, friendly people, honored the coupon and for me......this was the start of a magical weekend. From beginning to end, my husband and I adored every minute we spent at Friends Lake Inn. The service is superb - they seem to almost anticipate your every want and need, the food is orgasmic to say the least, the rooms are wonderful and roomy - we had a room with an oversized tub and a deck (well, it was winter but it was nice to go out there anyway) and just a feeling of "home". And, the most wonderful part of all was....towards the end of this magical weekend, my husband actually wanted to book another visit (which, to say the least, is a miracle) which means he enjoyed it just as much as I had. This is definitely the place to go if you want excellent service, wonderful food, wine, lodging - and the feeling of being pampered from beginning to end!

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank cream0616
Reviewed 26 March 2006

We first found Friends Lake Inn on the web while we were planning a trip to Gore Mountain, NY. We struggled with finding lodging in the area, and came across a published advertisement and several reviews of the Inn.
We booked our stay via the internet, only going on the pictures and descriptions listed. It was as if we were "going in blind". We did not expect anything extraordinary for the price we paid.
However, when we arrived late that night to check in, we were taken back by the Inn and it's beauty. The location was spectacular, and the appearance on the outside was fabulous. It was so great, that it looked out of place, in a sense.
When we arrived, we were immediately greeted. The staff knew who we were, why we were staying and even remembered speaking with me on the phone when I made our reservation. The gentleman who was working at the bar immediately insisted that he help with our luggage, and was unbelievably kind.
When we walked into our room, we were almost breathless. It was gorgeous. Everything was in immaculate condition, it just caught us completely off guard.
Later that evening, we got a chance to meet more of the staff. We met BJ, who works at the front desk of the inn. What an amazing person. We found out later during our stay, that she also worked at Gore Mountain and gave us some extremely useful tips on what, where and how to snowboard particular parts of the mountain.
The morning after our check in, we had the opportunity to meet our server in the main dining area. What a pleasant person. She went out of her way to bring breakfast to us, since my husband couldn't peel himself out of bed. Breakfast was incredible. Top notch to say the least.
Later during the trip, we ate at both the dining room, and at the smaller, more informal bar area. Both were absolutely divine.
I could go on for hours, but in essence, we have nothing but good things to say about the Inn. We highly recommend it. Thank you to the staff, so much, without you, it wouldn't have been such a great stay.

5 Stars. Hands down.

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank Kanthony25
Reviewed 31 January 2006

My wife and I have been to the Friends Lake Inn three times now - we actually spent our honeymoon there. A fantastic inn - food to die for, a world class wine list that has won Wine Spectator's Grand Award a number of times, a cross-country ski lodge with miles of trails right next to the inn, and gracious hosts who spare no expense to make your stay a great one.

Definitely worth your while if you're in upstate New York. The Inn is located near Gore Mountain and several other ski destinations in the Adirondack Mountains

• Stayed: January 2005
10  Thank laliberte33401
Reviewed 26 June 2004

We stayed at Friends Lake Inn last fall and are returning again this year. What a perfect getaway inn. Gorgeous rooms, all with a view of the lake (just across the road) or their lovely little pond in the back.

We loved hanging out in their delightful 'pub" and enjoyed the restaurant with excellent menu choices and wine list. The staff was very gracious and friendly.

Lots of hiking trails are nearby and the lake is a pleasant diversion. They can arrange fishing and other outdoor activities both in winter and summer.

If you are looking for complete relaxation in a country setting, this is the place!

• Stayed: June 2004
10  Thank scubamom
A TripAdvisor Member
East Brunswick, NJ
Reviewed 5 November 2003

We visited Friends Lake Inn last year for New Year's Eve (3 nights) and had a wonderful time. We stayed in an Adirondack Room and loved the romance and coziness. The restaurant is great and the staff very friendly and helpful. The only thing missing is afternoon tea, in the winter it is nice to come back from a day of adventure to a hot tea or coffee (they make a great hot chocolate too). We are returning this year with our parents and hoping to make this an annual family trip.

• Stayed: January 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
The Alpine Lodge
#1 of 1 in Chestertown
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Friends Lake Inn? Share your experiences!