“Enjoyable time”

Saratoga Springs, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Enjoyable time”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We took a ride up to Circle B, about 50 minutes north of Saratoga, last Weekend. The Weather was a bit nippy but the sun came in and out and we got some fresh air! The horses are well behaved and everyone at the ranch is helpful and takes safety seriously! We enjoyed a great trail ride and some delicious hot apple cider afterward.

Visited March 2014

Augusta, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great trail guide....owner was just down right rude!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I wish I had read the reviews before I went. As we were getting ready to set out on the trail my horse wanted water from a bucket that had nothing but ice in it...I was told to back him away from the bucket, I did as requested. All was well, off we went for a nice ride with a great trail guide. We we got back to the barn my horse wanted again to go to the water bucket however I was told earlier to not let him near the bucket, at that point in front of a large group of people the owner yelled to let him get water. Honestly if he cared there would be water in the bucket for the poor horse! I then let him try and get whatever water he could manage to get however it was all ice. The horse then went for the bucket by the barn for water...at that point the owner yelled ...don't let the horse by the barn . I replied that I was trying to back him out however he didn't budge. First time on a horse I really could have used help. After I told him I'm trying to back him out ...the owner yelled he's not a machine he's an animal. Maybe he should us his own advice and get water for the poor horse. I have never been treated so poorly at any place of business in my life. My trail guide I could tell felt awful as we went inside and tried to make up for the owners behavior. To add insult to injury he charged us $20.00 more then the web site price. I would advise those reading the posts about how rude the owner is to believe what you read and take your hard earned money where you're treated with respect.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Paula K
Kayla M, Manager at Circle B Ranch, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Please accept my apologies for raising my voice at you. I felt I needed to get your attention to avoid a potential accident that could have occured as a result of you losing control of your horse at the end of your ride. The safety of our guests and the enjoyment of their experience is my main concern here at the ranch. As you remember, I was involved with my sleigh team plus 8 other guests when I noticed your horse heading without control towards an area that could have jeopardized your safety as well as others. I needed to act quickly and hollered to you only to avoid an accident. I could not leave my team and other guests to run to your safety and felt trapped. "Do I abandon eight to help one?" I am sorry you were upset and understand how you must have felt. Again, please understand that our guests safety comes first. I welcome your call to discuss this further. Thanks, The owner, ps. You were not overcharged as winter rates are higher than summer rates.
Syracuse, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A sleigh ride like I always dreamed of...”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The sleigh ride at Circle B Ranch was incredible! It was so nice to be able to go on a couples ride versus going as a large group...this was a huge bonus in my book. The horses were absolutely beautiful and the sleigh bells on their harness really added to the "winter wonderland setting". The owner, Chris, was very kind and knowledgeable. You could tell his heart was in his ranch. The sleigh itself was so comfortable and you are kept nice and warm with a buffalo skinned blanket. Chris took some nice pictures for us and treated us with hot cider and chocolate afterwards. Will definitely visit again in the future!

Visited January 2014
Gansevoort, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horse back riding and sleigh ride”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went to the ranch during the summer and went horse back riding we had such a wonderful time that I couldnt wait to go back in the winter for a sleigh ride. I loved this place because it is family owned and the people who work there are really sweet and I felt totally safe and comfortable. The sleigh ride was so beautiful and calming we even saw deer before they saw us. I cant wait to go back for some more winter fun and hang with the horses. The horses are such teddy bears they r gentle as can be I couldnt give them enough kisses on there big soft noses. I will be going back to Circle B Ranch this winter. Who ever goes here will not be unhappy when they leave, my sister and I had huge smiles on our faces in the car when we headed for some hot chocolate. Cant wait to go back with my husband or friends

Visited January 2014
Brookfield,CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Visited the ranch with members of my family in October and it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the wagon ride and I am excited about returning when there is snow on the ground for a sleigh ride. Chris and Nancy were amazing hosts and they made the entire group feel at home. Thank you for the wonderful memories.

Visited October 2013