“Wow what a suprise”

Cuisines: American
Redding, Connecticut
“Wow what a suprise”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

A rare busy night in Chestertown and our large party was accommodated very nicely by the staff here. We received great service and good food. I was pleasantly surprised that inside this old, dated building was a bright, clean and inviting restaurant. Our waitress was wonderful and fast. We ate lots of yummy apps and ordered many different types of burgers, everyone was pleased. If you're looking for a casual place to go with friends and/or kids the Hemlock is it!

• Visited July 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A Surprising Place To Eat Hidden in the Adirondacks”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was with two friends and the restaurant that we had intended to eat at no longer had the special that we wanted so we had heard about the Hemlock and decided to give it a try---glad we did! Chestertown is a very small community about 20 Miles North of Lake George in the Adirondacks, You could drive through this place in 1 minute and you would never think to stop at the Hemlock unless you were a local or a local told you about it. The soups are homemade (I had the creamy basil tortellini-it was fantastic) excellent nightly special, and a solid menu--somewhat limited but one that offers something for everyone. Service was pretty fast and the restaurant is both clean and tastefully decorated. Everything, from the food to the friendly service to just how the place was decorated was a very nice surprise! Its not a large place and they have some limited hours of operation so you might want to call ahead; this place is definitely worth finding.

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Just good food”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The french onion soup is the best I will EVER have!! Also, their bacon egg and cheese burger is absolutely amazing! Just eating those two dishes make my mouth so happy! I have tried other dishes as well and they are just as good. I just love food, and they make good food!

• Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Best Thing in Chestertown!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Nice change since this was "Anywheres". The new owners are very friendly and menu is very accomadating to all (health conscious, kids, etc). Portions are very big and food is very good and staff is very nice, esp bartenders.

• Visited January 2013
Ossining
“Great Burgers and Very Good Service”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

For a nice casual burger or sandwich and a ice cold beer - the Hemlock is your place. My wife's turkey burger (prepared spicy by her request) was great and my Philly cheesesteak burger was cooked "medium" perfectly. Good fries, nice portion. The only suggestion I'd make is to use the dimmer on the lights for dinner service to create a liitle more atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013