“Try the Hot Spicy Mussels”
Review of Place Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Place Pizza
Ranked #11 of 18 Restaurants in Chestertown
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and go to the "The Place" all the time. A great value, good service and the best mussels with hot spicy tomato sauce anywhere in NY State. I always get Shrimp Parm and its great. Get extra bread to soak up the sauce. Nice big glasses of wine and ice cold beer.

1  Thank Michael s

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is a tough review for me to do because I do not like to write bad reviews especially when it's the only review on this website, at least so far but I have to say our dinner at this place was terrible. We saw many cars in the parking lot when we drove by and took this as an indication that this was a good place to eat. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. We stopped for dinner. The best part of the meal was the appetizer of fried calamari and that's not saying much. The batter and dipping sauce was unexceptional but at least it was edible. For the main course I had sirloin steak with a side of pasta. The steak was tough and dry. I ordered medium rare and got medium to well done. After a few bites I decided not to eat anymore. My pasta was definitely on the el dente side and the sauce tasted like they opened a can of tomato sauce and poured it over the pasta. My husband had spaghetti and meatballs. His spaghetti was undercooked and the "mystery" meatballs had a strange texture and taste. Not like any kind of meatball he's ever had, kind of a raw consistency with a tainted and sour smell. He only had a bite or two and could not and did not want to eat the rest of it. Service was slow. We left very disappointed with the whole experience. After dinner my husband got sick and experienced digestive problems that entire night. I would not recommend this place for dining to anyone.

1  Thank Love2Travel043