“North Country Delight”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Chestertown
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family owned business that opened in 1990. Our restaurant specializes in soups, sandwiches, salads. All food is prepared from scratch, in the summer we grow our vegetables/herbs organically in our garden. Located upstairs you will find a unique clothing boutique and gift shop. We are open 7 days a week with extended hours in the summer.
Ossining
“North Country Delight”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We live in Brant Lake, and have been patronizing this restaurant long before it took over the old schoolhouse and was just a small local gift shop , serving dinner as well as lunch ...always with good food. Today, it continues to uphold it's reputation for fresh, creative soups and sandwiches. For lunch, I recommend the specials in sandwiches (although all are great). Today's was a Pastrami with peppers and caramelized onions served with a side of quinoa salad that was surprisingly tasty.
Be sure to visit the upstairs gift shop which offers high quality goods and gifts,from Adirondack style to country, some fun; some elegant. It's a pleasure to support such a local dining spot and gift shop.

• Visited August 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Now, Where Lunch?”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Located in the center of a small Adirondack village. Building is a renovated school house with unique decor. Very good sandwiches and daily soups.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rick D
Frederick, Maryland
“Nice little ice cream shop, but...”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Dont get me wrong it is a nice shop. I guess I was expecting home made ice cream. In different flavors etc.
it is just plain old hersheys ice cream, we had see the other reviews and thought it was something special. Nope 20mi I should have saved. But it was a pretty drive up the road

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank John W
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Delicious Home Grown Salads”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We came upon this restaurant by chance and the line outside the door and the effort to find a parking space were all worth the wait. I had a salad that was made with their own home grown vegetables. It was wonderful. The service was great, waitstaff was friendly and it certainly deserves a number one rating on trip advisor. We recommended this stop to the people back at our hotel in Lake George. Thank you trip advisor for helping us find a great spot for lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Troy, New York
“Reminiscent Dining Experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Lets just say right off. If you are ever int the Chestertown, NY area you need to visit this establishment. You step in the doors and it's like your back in the early sixties, at least that is what my feelings were. This establishment is located inside an old school house building, that is reminiscent of my childhood days. The parlor offers soup, salad, sandwiches, light fare, and of course great ice cream at the fountain. So needless to say when I saw the menu I was going to have the meal of yesterday. So to start off I ordered a chocolate malt which was served in the traditional malt fountain glass with the stainless steel mixer cup giving a full refill to the glass. I got the feeling of a ten year old when it was delivered to my table.....ooo so good! For dinner I had the Main Street melt, a tuna melt on marble rye grill just right, served with macaroni salad and the traditional pickle slice. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meals and our only regret was that we were so full from our meal that there was no room for a sundae. Needless to say we will be back!

Visited July 2013