“Glad we took out here tonight!”

Buttino's Italian Bistro
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Chestertown
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Our Italian Bistro will sure to delight you. Try one of our delicious Entrees, Panini, Wrap, Fresh Salad, or a specialty Pizza. Enjoy our cozy family friendly atmosphere and our friendly staff.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

For the first time, my family decided to get pizza and stromboli, aka garbage bread. Considering it is has been many names over the years, I have to say I was very impressed and look forward to taking out in the future.

4  Thank LoneRock

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have lived here over ten years and one thing we miss is the variety of good ethnic food we previously had available in our old location. Being Italian, we are also pretty fussy about Italian food and rarely eat it out since we can cook it better at home. Pizza was a continual disappointment in our area until Buttino's opened up. Since their opening, we have been repeat customers at least twice a week. Everyone we bring there loves it too. The pizza is thin crust and crisp, like we were used to before. It is not at all greasy, they use good cheese and not the cheap oily stuff that slides off the slice. There's a nice variety of fresh delicious toppings to choose from. They also make Sicilian style thick crust pizza which is also delicious. Garlic knots, stuffed pinwheels, and the tomato sauce if you should get a pasta dish (pasta is cooked al dente!) are all excellent. Italians are always arguing over who makes the best tomato sauce, so I'm saying a lot when I say we and our friends like it lol! The antipasto salad is wonderful, we also love the meatball parm, eggplant parm and chicken parm subs made on actual crusty hero rolls and not the soft hotdoggy-rolls other places use. If you're in the mood for non-Italian fare, the paninis and wraps are also fresh and delicious. We love having zeppoles for dessert, they were greatly missed for the last ten years. The cannolis are the only ones we've had since moving here that were filled fresh that day and not soggy. Buttino's is newly decorated, spotlessly clean, has pleasant background music, prices are very reasonable and the staff and owners are very friendly and accomodating and could not be nicer. Atmosphere is really nice, air conditioning works well (a problem in some places) and there is bistro seating outside on the sidewalk on the very picturesque street. We usually pick up pizza to go on Friday nights and there's a line out the door, so call in your order early. We are so happy Buttino's is here, it's now one of our favorites places. I highly recommend it!

6  Thank Anonymous537
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband & I spend a lot of time in the Chestertown area during the summer.We were delighted to see a new restaurant in town this year. Debbie & her husband are the owners, they are very friendly, as well as the servers.Their friend, the cook (I forgot his name, also a nice guy) makes GREAT pizza, (the crust is excellent, thin & crispy, lots of meat & veggies too, not greasy at all) calzones, garlic knots, garbage bread, salads, all delicious! We have eaten there or have gotten take- out for the past 4 Friday's on the way to our lake house. I keep telling my husband, this has got to stop, however, I don't think so, the prices are great, it's a quick stop, & the food is yummy, so we'll definitely be back again & again. :) Try it, you'll like it I'm sure!
Margo & John

3  Thank Margo S
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered twin peaks and plain cheese pizza, garlic knots, mozzarella sticks and zeppoli's for pickup. Pepperoni had some spiciness, little burnt on crust edge pushed rating to 3. All other was good. Staff was friendly and atmosphere inside and at outside seating was lively

2  Thank JJZacher
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were visiting some friends in the area and they suggested we try a new little Italian restaurant called Buttinos. Very friendly friendly wait staff, great food and casual dining.

2  Thank wolandy