“Catered Luncheon, Home Run!”

Artie's Steak & Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The mark of Hurricane Sandy remains on a rebuilding City Island. Another venue had to be found for a post training luncheon on or near City Island and I recommended to the person chairing that they go to Artie's. I have been there many times over the years and was never disappointed. Well, we weren't this time either. PP price was excellent and the amount of food put out mind boggling: antipasto, mussels, calamari, salad and then the main course choices. Desert and coffee followed. What made the experience all the more delightful was that the lead waitress had an amazing "customer" attitude. No request was a problem and any issues were handled promptly and with good cheer. Sorry I didn't get her name but she was a real asset.

4  Thank RetiredPD2007

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Excellent food at reasonable prices considering the excellent qiality and ample portions. Service was prompt and courteous staff. Can't wait to go back.

3  Thank zimpulse
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is my go to spot. Never had a bad incident and always liked the food.the pasta dishes are plentiful the surf and turf is pretty good too. If you like Clam Chowder this is your spot. The service has always been fine, I have been going here for years. If I want a decent meal where I definitely did not want to waste any money I will pick Arties every time.

4  Thank SRuss704
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and I were on City Island at about 1PM and decided to stop for lunch.
Not being seafood lovers we saw a Zagat rating sign at the front door of Artie's and decided to go in. That's where our mistakes started. We sat down and were given diner menus. When we asked about lunch menus the waiter gave us some BS about the time of day and that the locals have their own menu due to their frequency at the restaurant. We ordered and after some waiting the waiter returned to our table and informed us that the rice takes a while longer to cook. The portions were adequate. My blue cheese salad dressing tasted like it was poured out of a jar and the Marsala did not taste like Marsala. My wife's Pork Ribs were fatty to say the least. Almost $70 later with just tap water to drink and no appetizers we left feeling we were scammed into a higher tab with mediocre food at best.  We would have been better off at a pizzeria. Or better yet this past week after the car showin NYC two friends and I had lunch at Katzs Deli on Houston St in Manhattan. Almost $100 later we all raved about the meal especially the pastrami. So it wasn't about the money at Artie's it was about the food and lies. We were treated as target tourists and one timers. Which we are definitely one timers at Artie's.

4  Thank 23FZ
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I really enjoy coming here when we visit family in the Bronx. We always order the cold antipasto platter and clams casino as an appetizer. My husband's lamb entree was awesome; cooked perfectly and a very generous portion. My baked ziti was surprisingly disappointing, though. The sauce was just average, although the portion size was tremendous. Waitstaff are very friendly and attentive even though the place gets really busy. A flamboyant customer at the table next to ours made quite a scene when he did not receive his meal with the rest of the patrons at his table...pounding his fists and calling the waiter an idiot was uncalled for and made our experience less enjoyable than usual. However, staff and management handled the situation tactfully and professionally. I recommend this restaurant for its great food, but be sure to make a reservation if visiting on the weekend.

3  Thank jando24

Been to Artie's Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!