“Disgusting”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clarence
Reviewed 11 January 2014

checked in early so we could attend an event down the road... the reception office smelled bad. went to the room - there was garbage all infront of our room door... bags of garbage... we opened the door... the room had no heat and smelled disgusting... very dirty and nothing like the photos FALSE ADVERTISING. Do not stay here ever! Managers are rude... and we could not get a refund. A barn would have been cleaner and nicer than that dump.

Room Tip: go to a good hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
DennisP1211, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

I apologize for any inconvenience. As I had discussed this matter with you over the phone, that if you had came within the half an hour after you checked in, I would have gladly refunded your money. But you came seven hours after you checked in saying that there is a garbage outside of your room, which was put there by the guests in next room and I tole them right away that they are not supposed to leave their trash there, and it was picked up later on. They did not want any maid service next day so they said they left it outside for maids to pick it up.
As fat as the heat is concerned, maids were supposed to leave them on at about 60 degree, but they might have forgotten in that room. But as you said that you checked in early to go to the event, so if you had put a heat on when you checked in, it would've been very warm by the time you returned. However the heat was on in other rooms, so if you had just came at the desk, I would have given you a another room.
Again I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and we will be more careful in the future with the problems you have mentioned.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I know you should not look under bed's of motels, but this place wow. My wife could not find her camera, so I looked under the bed, "very bad idea" nasty, disgusting, gross. Not sure what was all under that bed. Also, the carpet is terrible, the bathroom was old and very dirty. My wife and our friend never let there bare feet touch the floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nated2519
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We didnt even stay for the night . The stench was repulsive !!!! Smelled as if there was a thousand full ash trays in a NON-SMOKING room. Bedding was absolutely nasty and clearly unwashed for what looked like a few months of usage..eww. Even on the top of the bed spread! Lets not even discuss the toilet. Totally unsatisfied and discouraged , was suppose to be a nice way to spend my bday with my bf but turned out disappointing. Whats even more suprising is the expensive vehicles in the parking lot....cadillacs, bmw's and denalis!!! This was like for drug dealers or a place men took hookers or escorts. GROSS!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
DennisP1211, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

I apologize for the inconvenience. Since you did not stay here and you only saw the room, please let us know what room number you saw and we will take care of all the issues you had. Also we are currently renovating our rooms so I encourage you to check it out again in 2 to 3 months and I assure you will be happy with your stay.
As far as the expensive cars are concerned, they belong to a family who sold their house and temporally residing here until they find a new house.
Thank you and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel so we could go to The Great Pumpkin Farm the next day (if you ask, the person at the desk'll probably say its 2 or 3 miles down the road-it is!).

The rooms are decent sized, though the bed(s) take up a large portion (understandably). In my case, all the appliances worked (AC, TV, fridge, but I never microwaved anything or made coffee so I don't know about those two).

Didn't have breakfast there, so can't really say anything about their breakfast service/area.

My only complaint is that the bathroom, and the area around the tub/shower especially, were rough. In my room, the tiles were cracked and some of the grout was just gone. Also, there's no fan, so if you eat something that doesn't agree with you,...But there is a window that opens, at least.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DennisP1211, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are currently updating our rooms and soon we will will take care of the bathroom tile and grout problem.
Thank you and hope to see you again..

Reviewed 2 September 2013

dirty,cob web rooms. showers are old, dirty .towels are hard stiff.rooms smell so bad, had to sleep with windows open in the humidity.they say breakfast but it doesn't exsist they have the set up to fool you.go elsewhere!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 4italy
DennisP1211, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry that your stay was not very comfortable with us. If you had mentioned about the problems you had with your room, we would have gladly changed your room. Anyway now that we know the problem, we will definitely take care of it right away. I will have my housekeeping staff check all rooms for cob webs or any other issues that we may have.
As far as the breakfast is concerned, we do have breakfast in the office lobby. You can check the photos of our hotel and you will see it.
Thank you again and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed here twice for work. Hotel is clean and quiet. Its close enough for most things but far enough from the airport so you dont always hear planes. The pool is decent but the hot tub doesnt work. Accepts pets. Tv's are old but has free wifi. Overall an affordable place thats not dirty. I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

I was here for two weeks and my room was not cleaned once. They took out the trash every three days and in the process they unplugged the fridge spoiling my food. I had to go to the office to get towels and toilet paper. There were mice and ants in the room. I have stayed at motels where my neighbors were selling drugs next door that were by far nicer then this place. So this place is not recomended for anyone to stay at I would feel better if they would shut the doors.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank robncmt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarence
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#1 of 2 in Clarence
Fels Three Crown Motel
Fels Three Crown Motel
#2 of 2 in Clarence

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!