“Mexican by mexicans”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Unpretentious and easy to drive by, this small restaurant serves really good food at reasonable prices. Terrific jalapeno marguerita too.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a family-run restaurant and bar, business and we ate at the Hudson/Claverack, NY location. It has the feel of a roadside beanery that you'd find in rural Mexico, with very few of the troublesome Tex-Mex mixes which so mar other restaurants of this genre. Some favorites are the huitaloche, the seafood quesedilla platter, and any of the combos.The quality of the food is top-notch and the service even when busy is great, friendly, and professional. You'll be dining with Mexican families which to my mind validates the menu and authenticity. Don't pass this up, especially if you are tempted by a supposedly Mexican restaurant on Warren Street in Hudson. Coyote Flaco has actual, native, Mexican born chefs and kitchen workers! Makes a significant difference.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

WOW... so yes, I would agree this place wouldn't "catch your eye" off the bat, but that's okay by me, means "more for us"! ;-)
Honestly, I wouldn't have expected much from "Flaco", but then my family took me there and I was blown away! I have had Mexican food in pretty much every state I've visited and this spot takes the taco! Okay, we aren't in Mexico here, but if you want tasty, pocket-friendly, hot, fresh and auténtico food, you've got to try Coyote Flaco... you won't be so "flaco" when you leave!! ;-)
If you ever want to "surprise" your "upstate visitors" this is a good choice!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

So this all would have been 5 stars but cmon we have to be real. From the outside not that impressive but so cute and warm inside. This place is right near my house so I go often and always sit at the bar. Margaritas are great. Shots of tequila reasonable. Its a little getaway in a very boring town. Compared to neighboring Mex food.....way more value!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have been to the radio in hudson (which is out of tune) they should try this place to see what real mex food taste like and how
much it should cost really didn't want to give this one away

Been to Coyote Flaco? Share your experiences!